Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,654 members, 7,878,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

For How Long Is The "last Days"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For How Long Is The "last Days"? (865 Views)

Living In The Last Days:statue Of Satan Unveiled In Detroit.usa.-see The Photos / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? / The False Israel And The Madness Of The Last Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Borat1: 11:51am On Jul 15, 2009
You know i'm real sick of hearing the phrase "last days". "We're living in the last days, we're living in the last days". For how long. I mean the last days sermon can be traced to far back. My dad tells me he was scared shitless and always slept waiting to wake up and find the world no more. Of course now he's my Dad, meaning time's gone bye since then. And some purported signs of the "last days" were there. You know the wars and all. Maybe my grand fathers and great grand fathers were treated to the same sermon. I'm wondering how long the "last days" really is from now. Just wondering
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by goodguy100(m): 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2009
Soon, very soon. Just make sure u are ready to meet him. For sure the last days is comeing.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Borat1: 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2009
No i'm not ready o. Sha! Who told you i was looking forward to it? I'm just uneasy due to the uncertainty
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by ttalks(m): 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2009
One can't really tell how long the last days will be or when they commence. I guess this is related to the tribulation periods which some claim have begun.

But Christ let us know through his words the way to know that the tribulation period has begun:

(Mat 24:15)  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

(Mat 24:16)  Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

(Mat 24:17)  Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

(Mat 24:18)  Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

(Mat 24:19)  And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

(Mat 24:20)  But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

(Mat 24:21)  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

(Luk 21:20)  And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

(Luk 21:21)  Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

(Luk 21:22)  For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

The two boldened portions are saying the same thing.
When such happens, that is the sign of the beginning of the end.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by goodguy100(m): 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2009
A lot of people have been mislead by the things of this world, make sure that your name will be in that book of LIFE, i PRAY FOR U.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Borat1: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2009
ttalks,
You guess? Please stop guessing oh. This is not a guessing game.
". . .jerusalem compassed with armies" hmmm
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by banom(m): 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2009
Last days is  continious in nature,

As long as tomorow will come, then today cant possibly be last day, besides as long as the plurality of the word days can still accomodate as many tomorows as possible, the idea of last days can be infinitely elusive and thus hopeless or at best unattainable.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by kolaoloye(m): 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2009
@topic,
WE are already in the last days. The end is nearer than when it was first pronounced.
Do not be weary in doing good because the exact hour is not known but very close.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by JeSoul(f): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2009
The "last days" begun right after the ascension of Jesus and arrival of the HolySpirit and will continue until the return of Christ.

Acts 2:
14Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning! No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17" 'In the last days, God says,
      I will pour out my Spirit on all people
   Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
      your young men will see visions,
      your old men will dream dreams.
18Even on my servants, both men and women,
      I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
      and they will prophesy.
19I will show wonders in the heaven above
      and signs on the earth below,
      blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20The sun will be turned to darkness
      and the moon to blood
      before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
21And everyone who calls
      on the name of the Lord will be saved.'
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2009
kola oloye:

@topic,
WE are already in the last days. The end is nearer than when it was first pronounced.
Do not be weary in doing good because the exact hour is not known but very close.

Pleaase what evidence do you have that we are in the last days? "Christians" have been claiming e are in the last days for almost 2,000 years yet it has been elusive, so what makes you so sure that those days have finally arrived?
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Tudor6(f): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2009
kola oloye:

@topic,
We have been in the last days for over 2000 years!
When will the bloody messiah come?
A thousand generations will come and go, so will ten thousand others and jesus will not come. . .why?. . . Because he's DEAD!!
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by goodguy100(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2009
Men, u are the SATAN? Your words here get as e be!!!!
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by JIL(m): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2009
When will the bloody messiah come? Huh
A thousand generations will come and go, so will ten thousand others and jesus will not come. . .why?. . .

Tudor, sometimes I think you should mind your language. It is obvious that your posts are filled with hatred for anything religion. Why say 'bloody messiah' when you should have simply said 'messiah'.

The bible is as relevant today as it was during the period it was written. 2 Peter 3;3-10  tells us about what scoffers like Tudor & Co would say about the delay in the second coming of Christ.

This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you; through them by way of reminder I am trying to stir up your sincere disposition,
   to recall the words previously spoken by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and savior through your apostles.
   Know this first of all, that in the last days scoffers  will come (to) scoff, living according to their own desires
   and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming?  From the time when our ancestors fell asleep, everything has remained as it was from the beginning of creation."
   They deliberately ignore the fact that the heavens existed of old and earth was formed out of water and through water  by the word of God;
   through these the world that then existed was destroyed, deluged with water.
   The present heavens and earth have been reserved by the same word for fire, kept for the day of judgment and of destruction of the godless.
    But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day.
   The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard "delay," but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
   But the day of the Lord will come like a thief,  and then the heavens will pass away with a mighty roar and the elements will be dissolved by fire, and the earth and everything done on it will be found out.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Tudor6(f): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2009
JIL:

Tudor, sometimes I think you should mind your language. It is obvious that your posts are filled with hatred for anything religion. Why say 'bloody messiah' when you should have simply said 'messiah'.

Err, the same way yours are filled with hatred for anything atheist or atheism, is it not??

The bible is as relevant today as it was during the period it was written. 2 Peter 3;3-10  tells us about what scoffers like Tudor & Co would say about the delay in the second coming of Christ.

This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you; through them by way of reminder I am trying to stir up your sincere disposition,
   to recall the words previously spoken by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and savior through your apostles.
   Know this first of all, that in the last days scoffers  will come (to) scoff, living according to their own desires
   and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming?  From the time when our ancestors fell asleep, everything has remained as it was from the beginning of creation."
   They deliberately ignore the fact that the heavens existed of old and earth was formed out of water and through water  by the word of God;
   through these the world that then existed was destroyed, deluged with water.
   The present heavens and earth have been reserved by the same word for fire, kept for the day of judgment and of destruction of the godless.
    But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day.
   The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard "delay," but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
   But the day of the Lord will come like a thief,  and then the heavens will pass away with a mighty roar and the elements will be dissolved by fire, and the earth and everything done on it will be found out.

There have been scoffers even before jesus was born, scoffers while he was alive, and scoffers after his death. Scoffers have always existed so i wonder why "in the last days scoffers will come" sounds like prophecy of the messiah's coming. Infact pretty much every religion predicts doom for their scoffers! You are a scoffer to the muslims and the jews, and according to them you're doomed!
What is so special or extraordinary about the doom predicted by christianity??
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Nezan(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2009
Jesus may have delayed for too long, but do you know when you will die? dont you think your endtime comes when you die? Let's pray that He will not meet as napping, AM EN.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by goodguy100(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2009
To be frank, this guy called TUDOR or what ever have his mind filled up with hatred to anything that have to do with religion, guy is hard time u really mind your words. I am wordering sometimes if really u are a human.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Tudor6(f): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2009
goodguy100:

To be frank, this guy called TUDOR or what ever have his mind filled up with hatred to anything that have to do with religion, guy is hard time u really mind your words. I am wordering sometimes if really u are a human.
Yeah it should be the same hatred prophet elijah used to slaughter those 300 prophets of baal just because they worshipped other gods. . .
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Tudor6(f): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2009
goodguy100:

Yeah it should also be the same hatred moses used in his ethnic cleansing and genocide of the midianites and canaanites because they worshipped other gods. .
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Tudor6(f): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2009
goodguy100:

How about the hatred and insults you christians lay one one another, muslims and atheists on this forum?? Does that not count as hatred too?? . .
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Duroe: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2009
Last days duration is only known to God. everyday that u spend, then last day =X (duration) minus 1day.
Whether u are alive during the last day of the last days or not one day ur own last day will come in death.
What ur need to do is to live a life that is pleasing to God and face your normal life business, career or ambition as if you will be dead before the last day of the last days. You lose nothing if your hope of eternal life is guarantteed (by faith in christ Jesus) even if u are not alive on the earth to witness the end.
Afterall it is appointed unto man once to die and after this is the judgement'
No event in any country will hasten God to bring forward the last day of the last days.
You can understand more about last days if you read every writings related to it in prophecies of the Bible.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Horus(m): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2009
The Last days is like the carrot and the stick. The carrot and stick approach was first used by owners of donkeys in order to keep their animals moving. Whenever the animal stopped, the rider used to dangle a raw carrot in front of the animal's nose. And if the stubborn animal still refused to move, then guess what happened? The owner gave it a sound thrashing with a stick!!!.
Re: For How Long Is The "last Days"? by Tonyet1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
@poster,

the last days are as farther and yet as nearer as God himself knows

(1) (Reply)

Wtf! Did The Catholic Church Really Say That : :o :o :o / Black Race Cursed? / No Other Earthly Power Is More Powerful:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.