Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:53 AM

Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 (4505 Views)

Peugeot L750 R Hybrid Concept Revealed (photos) / Made-In-Nigeria Hybrid Electric Car Unveiled In Abuja (Photos) / Notice To 97 Camry (pencil/tinylight) Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by elshanAutos: 12:02am On Mar 03, 2016
As seen sometime ago.

Basically, a 2012 Toyota Camry HSD was 'converted' to a petrol only engine.

Became a hybrid of the following;
Camry 2.4L i4 engine
Camry 1999 (Instrument cluster)
Push to start, conventional key as well.
Conventional battery.

Enjoy grin

Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by elshanAutos: 12:04am On Mar 03, 2016
Pictures..

Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 03, 2016
Chai see how they ruined the car thats not fair. why the cluster they could have invested in the engine from a 2012 Camry.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by mayor2013: 12:32am On Mar 03, 2016
Bad market. This is fatality of the highest order cry
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by Ricmayak1: 1:03am On Mar 03, 2016
Why didn't you look for those that can repair hybrids on this forum?
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by opsynea2j(m): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2016
God bless the end user of this ride !! The car is now proudly Nigerian made.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by mayor2013: 7:54am On Mar 03, 2016
opsynea2j:
God bless the end user of this ride !! The car is now proudly Nigerian made.
grin
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by swaggerkid(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2016
My God shocked sad
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 03, 2016
Ruined.

I wonder what was done with the regenerative braking system?

I have never understood why any sane human would choose to purchase a complex vehicle to use in Nigeria, or any other country where technical support and expertise may be limited, or expensive. Why not purchase a non-HSD Toyota Camry 2.4 to begin with?

And before anyone responds with "this vehicle was not converted in Nigeria", it doesn't really matter, I believe it was, despite the Canadian license plates. This makes it even worse, as it means this car was converted not long after arriving in Nigeria. I have also seen the same done with a 2012 Honda Accord Hybrid. Ruined by a mindless "mechanic" in Nigeria.

I would class this as foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by Readonee35L(m): 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2016

Oh My God,
This is disastrous,
Nigerians why why why
Is it compulsory too drive 1 2012 Camry,
Maybe the dealer bought this car with the hope of replacing the battery and got it for a very chap price probably $2000-4000
But at lease a 2gr-fe of this same non hybrid should be used and all parts transfered from the non hybrid, might cost a fortune but it's the best thing to doo.
This car is ruined,
Downgraded From a 6speed auto to 4speed
engine downgraded to 2AZ-FE
Abs Ruined
Airbad system is ruined
Brake will be shit
A/c will work tho Now it has the rubbish manual compressor our ac technicians like,
At least it has Efi Not a carburetor.
Push to start function destroyed
What ecu does this cay even Use,
It's gonna run rich
infact it's gonna be a disaster,
O2 sensors will just be there for presence sake , they wont work
so many sensors gone,
And this car can't be scanned with a Machine again, If it's faulty you repair it by Trial you keep throwing parts till it works,
This CAR shouldnt sell more than 1million naira,
A Clean 2005 camry is beta than this car

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by mayor2013: 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
Readonee35L:

Oh My God,
This is disastrous,
Nigerians why why why
Maybe the dealer bought this car with the hope of replacing the battery and got it for a very chap price probably $2000-4000
But at lease a 2gr-fe of this same non hybrid should be used and all parts transfered from the non hybrid, might cost a fortune but it's the best thing to doo.
This car is ruined,
Abs Ruined
Airbad system is ruined
Brake will be shit
A/c will work tho Now it has the rubbish manual compressor our ac technicians like,
It's gonna run rich
so many sensors gone,
And this car can't be scanned with a Machine again, If it's faulty you repair it by Trial you keep throwing parts till it works,

You tried @ 1m. 200k pere grin

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by elshanAutos: 9:32am On Mar 05, 2016
Siena:
Ruined.

I wonder what was done with the regenerative braking system?

I have never understood why any sane human would choose to purchase a complex vehicle to use in Nigeria, or any other country where technical support and expertise may be limited, or expensive. Why not purchase a non-HSD Toyota Camry 2.4 to begin with?

And before anyone responds with "this vehicle was not converted in Nigeria", it doesn't really matter, I believe it was, despite the Canadian license plates. This makes it even worse, as it means this car was converted not long after arriving in Nigeria. I have also seen the same done with a 2012 Honda Accord Hybrid. Ruined by a mindless "mechanic" in Nigeria.

I would class this as foolishness.
It was converted in Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by mayor2013: 9:36am On Mar 05, 2016
elshanAutos:

It was converted in Lagos, Nigeria.

But why embarassed
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by ikefor(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
Well what can one say, yes we all agree that the car is ruined and will never function the same, parts will continue to fail in turns since various systems are inadvertently put together with total disregard to systems interplay and OEM specifications.

A typical owner of such a vehicle will continue to patronize mechanics… they can be managed, coarsed, we know them, they know us, they speak the language we understand, we can dump our issues at them, get them to come pick the car from the office and return it after repairs - usual drill.

Generally, ill advice, bad workmanship, and lack of information i have seen, have driven one too many to make this kind of heinous 'conversion' decision. In addition, there is a thriving market for vehicle conversion in many Nigerian major cities. Conversion usually was from right hand drive to left hand drive, now the market is shifting to from hybrid to conventional fuel driven cars.

People who are proponents of the conversion industry will argue with you BLINDLY and profusely that converting a hybrid vehicle is all about changing a few components including the complete engine with A/C compressor, kick starter and alternator, introducing a gearbox etc i ahve had this argument time and time again, i guess familiarity with regular vehicles has led to a lot of misgivings.

On the flip side, in my experience fixing hybrid battery packs in Nigeria, i have heard many tales of people suffering under very bad workmanship. Mechanics and other ‘contractors’ taking customer hybrid battery packs when a block has gone week in a bid to repair them only to return them swollen and unusable from overcharge, or with other attendant issues….and this is only when the customer has spent good money mostly thousands of naira. People are desperate to get their cars back on the road and they make poor choices because even they don’t understand hybrid vehicle technology well enough to ask the right questions. For some after failing once or twice and lost money, they eventually come to our site and we try to break it down for them. Some decide they want a replacement battery pack or that they want us to fix their existing battery pack, others choose to count their loses and decide to explore a conversion option which will cost them even more but at least they understand alternator or kick starter better than battery blocks and system resistors - so to speak.

For such people, it is their car, it is their money and it is their decision, and you gotta respect that - can only advice!

People want resolution now, so for instance when i tell some one that i didn’t have a hybrid battery for them now at the moment, but that i could recondition theirs within 1 - 2 weeks, they seem to want it in 2 days instead. Its understandable, we are in the internet age and there are people who can do it in 2 days.

Mr. Jossy
2007 prius 1NZ-FXE
2010 prius 2ZR-FXE
hybrids dot com dot ng
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by elshanAutos: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
Readonee35L:

Oh My God,
This is disastrous,
Nigerians why why why
This car is ruined,
Abs Ruined
Airbad system is ruined
Brake will be shit
It's gonna run rich
so many sensors gone,
Ac never worked after the conversion.
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by Readonee35L(m): 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
elshanAutos:

Ac never worked after the conversion.
Where is this car now ??
Where you able to sell it??
If you did how much did it go for?
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by elshanAutos: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2016
Readonee35L:

Where is this car now ??
Where you able to sell it??

If you did how much did it go for?
I have no idea. I was never selling it, neither was this thread one for advert. I only spotted it back then within my environs, and shared it here.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by Inception(m): 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
MAI GOD!

grin grin grin grin

angry angry angry

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by alatbaba1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
Ppl who r responsible for this murder should be sentence to death by hanging. Dis is precarious and evil in the sight of d gods.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Big Daddy Tinylight Hybrid 2012 by Readonee35L(m): 9:10am On Jul 06, 2018
cry

(1) (Reply)

Repeated Burning Of 08/09 Toyota Corolla Ac Compressor / How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? / A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.