Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,985 members, 7,973,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:42 PM

BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC (691 Views)

Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC / Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition / Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by vorigan: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2016
• It was for his mother’s kidney dialysis, lawyer affirms

THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday alleged that another Lagos senior lawyer also transferred N750,000 to the embattled Judge of the Federal High Court, Mohammed Yunusa.

The anti-graft agency said another sum of N300,000 was transferred to the company account of another judge of the Federal High Court, Port Harcourt, Justice H.A Nganjiwa.

This latest revelations are contained in a counter affidavit in opposition to the further and better affidavit deposed to by a former employee of Rickey Tarfa and Co. Mohammed Awwal Yunusa.

The embattled Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Rickey Tarfa, had sought and obtained the leave of court to file the further evidence in the N2.5 billion fundamental rights enforcement suit he filed against the EFCC.

Countering the new evidence, an operative of the Commission, Moses Awolusi in an affidavit swore that new revelations have emerged about the alleged fraud of bribing judges through ‘a network of senior lawyers.’

He said: “Investigation has also shown that as part of this chain of fraud, Mr. Joseph Nwobike (SAN) also transferred the sum of N300,000 to Hon. Justice H.A Nganjiwa.

“That investigations further revealed that Hon. Justice M.N Yunusa as part of this scheme of fraud also received the sum of N750,000 from Mr. Joseph Nwobike SAN and Co.” he deposed.

But Nwobike in his statement to the anti-graft agency, which was also attached to the affidavit, explained that the money was not meant to bribe the judge. He said it was the judge who asked him for financial assistance in respect of his ill mother who was undergoing dialysis due to failing kidney.

The lawyer said: “Sometime ago, Justice Yunusa requested to see me. When I got there, he pleaded with me to assist him with some funds since his mother was under dialysis. He stated that her kidney had parked up and that he needs assistance to cure her. I felt sorry for him. I told him that I do not have funds, but that I will assist him when I get some money.

“I requested for his account details which he obliged me. When I got some money about two weeks after, I gave the money to him and he thanked me when he saw me along the corridor of the court of the Federal High Court, Ikoyi.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/03/another-lawyer-transferred-money-to-justice-yunusa-says-efcc/
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:23am On Mar 03, 2016
Their own sachet of milk
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by ChooseMeNow(m): 9:25am On Mar 03, 2016
Hmmmm...
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by phrancys001(m): 9:27am On Mar 03, 2016
Truly judiciary is our problem in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by khalleb(m): 9:28am On Mar 03, 2016
use what you have to get what you want
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by Flexherbal(m): 9:29am On Mar 03, 2016
If bribery and corruption enter our judiciary, then we are gone.

1 Like

Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by chriskosherbal(m): 9:31am On Mar 03, 2016
This bribery as well as money laundering is getting too much.
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by vorigan: 9:33am On Mar 03, 2016
. . . . . . . .corruption has destroyed every fabric of the Nation called Nigeria. . . . . . . . . . .a petty thief steals two tubers of yam and he is given a 10year prison term . . . . . . . . . .a politician steals 20bn naira, pays his lawyer 10 million for services, gives out 800k to youths to protest, gives out 2million to ethnic inclined organizations to whip up tribal sentiments, and finally makes an allowance of 2 million to the judge via his lawyer . . . .the court discharges him or at most fines him 10 million and he is on with his life!!

We have not had leaders in this dump!!
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by vorigan: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2016

[size=4pt]lalasticlala, mynd44, ishilove, obinoscopy[/size]
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by crestedaguiyi: 9:38am On Mar 03, 2016
another yunusa again, na wa .

that name brings me bad memories angry angry angry
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by Flyingngel(m): 9:47am On Mar 03, 2016
If this happen to a judge, what will happen to a secondary or primary school teacher that earn far less than what they earned. Corruption will kill Nigeria.
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by rusher14: 10:10am On Mar 03, 2016
The lawyer said: “Sometime ago, Justice Yunusa requested to see me. When I got there, he pleaded with me to assist him with some funds since his mother was under dialysis. He stated that her kidney had parked up and that he needs assistance to cure her. I felt sorry for him. I told him that I do not have funds, but that I will assist him when I get some money.

“I requested for his account details which he obliged me. When I got some money about two weeks after, I gave the money to him and he thanked me when he saw me along the corridor of the court of the Federal High Court, Ikoyi.”

If this isn't a clear case of bribery to obtain expected outcomes from a serving judge, I don't know what is.

Justice Yunusa take a bow. You are an example to the bench on how not to be a judge and your case would enter into local jurisprudence going forward.

You and your associates are looking to be forever barred from the Bench, the Bar and appear to be making it to a good life behind bars.

As a side note: Kamoru says hi.

1 Like

Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by Boss13: 11:24am On Mar 03, 2016
What is astonishing to this issue is the revelation of Nwosike assisting the Judge. If the Judge, who is expected to be a good interpreter of the law, was listening to this matter, what would his rational mind presume?

The Judiciary should be ashamed with the series of revelations coming forth and a quick review, including sanctions, should be carried out. It now appears that justice in Nigeria can be sold to the highest bidder. Now, we can relate with the judgement of controversial cases in the past.

1 Like

Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by BiafranPrince: 11:40am On Mar 03, 2016
The zoo will crumble on its own corrupt self.

Odago!
Re: BRIBING JUDGES: Another Lawyer Transferred Money To Justice Yunusa, Says EFCC by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 03, 2016
Why do I now hate the name YINUSA ??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It Is A Win Win Situation For Election Losers And Wailers. / Femi Adeshina blames Vandals and saboteurs on power MW drop and power outage / Igbo Leaders Are Cursed (awgu Youth Vs Heards Men )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.