Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,601 members, 7,934,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 01:36 PM

Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi (24957 Views)

Hackers Circulate "Against The Run Of Play" By Olusegun Adeniyi / Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It / A Questionable Deal With Qatar-olusegun Adeniyi,thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by 989900: 8:26am On Mar 04, 2016
It's almost a no-fresh-visa issuance (tourist, visit, work) for Nigerians to Qatar with or without a sponsor -- it has been that way for roughly 4 years now!
I hope that was addressed before signing the damn contract/agreement, else, it would be a real big shame on Buhari's administration and the Nigerian embassy (#facepalm#clueless#arrogant) in Qatar especially.
Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by mashnino(m): 8:30am On Mar 04, 2016
Smh

Nigerians.. This is just nonsense.. As a nigerian do you think it's all the country in the world you can access from nigeria..

I have always known that you can't go to qatar from Nigeria direct

Normally when you want to do that.. You need to go to dubai or saudi first. And then from there you wont have a problem...

Una just wan spoil name sha.. Me i am happy you can take a straight flight now...

Every country has rules.. Just obey them and stop complaining...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Ahmeduana(m): 8:34am On Mar 04, 2016
kestolove95:
As long as it will make nigeria great...no problem
as long as it will make Nigeria great we should go into alliance with the Devil, ba? Forgetting that devil don't give free gift without collecting something bigger in return.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Ahmeduana(m): 8:38am On Mar 04, 2016
RZArecta:
you obviously don't get/comprehend what was written in the article
YOU NO KNOW SAY SHE BE YOUNGER SISTER TO NGENECHUKWU WITH OBIAGELI!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by VISTIN(m): 8:41am On Mar 04, 2016
kestolove95:

I hope you're not trying to play "ZOMBIE" with important issues.

You can think better with your head.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 04, 2016
This man got bad plans for Nigeria, I'm sure Nigeria is still gonna be sold out to foreign philanthropists. Even on Moneygram Website, Nigeria is not on the country list menu, very bad country. GIvt are bastards,.
Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by HIPROFILE(m): 8:44am On Mar 04, 2016
RZArecta:

Oga its obvious he didn't read through.....lazy to read but quick to comment... These are the people that comment based on their deductions from other people's comment....

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by olisaEze(m): 8:46am On Mar 04, 2016
kenny987:

How can he sign such a deal when Nigerians cannot be issues visas on decent terms? Did he and his motley crew even do proper research to find out areas of negotiation that favour Nigeria?
cheesy no time for research, the Qatari negotiators chanted popular slogans, waved brooms at him and instantly won him over.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by tuscani: 8:50am On Mar 04, 2016
banki:

What exactly do you guys want
Oil prices are low you complain
He implements 50naira stamp duties to generate income you complain
He goes and signs bilateral trade agreement you complain
He wants to borrow from world bank you complain
He wants to borrow from America you complain
He collects money from looters you complain
Ok how does he fund the budget?
How does he keep nigeria running?
He bans importation of things that can be produced in nigeria you complain, T
He bans importation of egg chicken palm oil, nigerians respond by increasing the price of egg pure water and chicken!

So I ask what do we actually want
hey dont want anything. When APC was looking for power, they made all those THINGS you talked about looked wrong. they condemned all those things when they were done by the last administration. So PEOPLE HAVE NOW COME TO SEE THOSE THINGS AS WRONG THINGS TO DO. KARMA !

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Superbrain(m): 8:50am On Mar 04, 2016
Why is this news? Is the restriction a recent development? A BASA deal shouldn't necessarily influence a country's immigration requirements.
Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by poseidon12: 8:57am On Mar 04, 2016
kestolove95:

Did you read the article? Or are you just being silly? How can it make Nigeria great? Do you mind explaining please?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by poseidon12: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2016
RZArecta:

Exactly. Too many dumb people in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Montaque(m): 8:58am On Mar 04, 2016
blackpanda:
OP I think you are mixing two different issues. BASA Agreement and issuance of Visa are 2 different things. Every country has there own policy on issuance of visa to another country, this does not imply discrimination. Try applying for american visa or south african visa and see how difficult it is. Visa policy is completely different from BASA. Nigeria also has their own visa policy too, and it is very stringent for some countries. And while we may not have a national carrier, Arik Air has since been operating unofficially as Nigeria's national carrier. However, there are plans in the works to unveil our official carrier soon.

Mrs okigbo case is regrettable and i believe its something than can be negotiated between the two countries. I think the real problem here was misinformation or lack thereof. Never apply for visa from an airline's website, they might not be able to give specific accurate info since its not only nigerians looking to travel there.

We saw lack of information on the side of the Nigerians representatives in the negotiation of the BASA agreement. When u negotiate, you try to get favor Le terms as much as u can. But the agreement didn't put those in consideration, as Mrs. Okigbo's case can show.
So after the supposed agreement, is the visa terms for Nigerians now favorable? That's the issue

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Fongido(m): 9:02am On Mar 04, 2016
Before the election I listened to one audio by one pastor he warned Nigerians not to vote for Buhari that Islam wants him to be a president so that they can islamise Nigeria but we wouldn't listen and we voted for him. you made a mistake but the almighty God who is merciful will forgive us and will not allow his evil plans to come to pass. mark this day if Buhari dare God and want to islamise Nigeria he'll die before his tenure is over. as many that will be involved when they will travel to seal the deal they will die via plane crash. God is alive. I'm not afraid because I know the God I served

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by poseidon12: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2016
It's time the National Assembly call this man to order and explain to him Nigeria is not his personal property. This man is really taking us back several years. We were beginning to make some progress with OBJ and GEJ.
Buhari will destroy Nigeria if not checked.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nnemuka(f): 9:04am On Mar 04, 2016
They want our money but not us.
Funny enough tomorrow nigerians will go on vacations to all these arab country and spend huge sums of money just like our wakawaka president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 04, 2016
OAFMods:

And you my friend as nothing but a lousy mouth "figuratively" . Diplomatic policy was obviously skewed in favour of Qatar long before Buhari came on the scene. The least he can do is bring some amount of parity with the official deals initiated btw the 2 countries now.

While some of you have chosen to blame Buhari for all the woes prevalent in Nigeria not minding the fact he did not create these problems you should at the other end have the coutesy not to rubbish a deal you are uninformed about and desist from raising meaningless uproar at the slightest given opportunity to wail.
You sound like a fool. Is Nigeria buharis company or family bussiness?
If he does not have an uterior motive, why would he hide details of the agreement he is sighning with all Islamic countries?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by poseidon12: 9:09am On Mar 04, 2016
mashnino:
Smh

Nigerians.. This is just nonsense.. As a nigerian do you think it's all the country in the world you can access from nigeria..

I have always known that you can't go to qatar from Nigeria direct

Normally when you want to do that.. You need to go to dubai or saudi first. And then from there you wont have a problem...

Una just wan spoil name sha.. Me i am happy you can take a straight flight now...

Every country has rules.. Just obey them and stop complaining...

That is the more reason we should not be signing the BASA agreement with them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 04, 2016
when you appear desperate for help, you become venerable to cons,it's a normal physcological action and reaction,our president's body language over the past months has shown confusion and desperation, any country will take advantage of that to broker deals that are more favorable to them even Britain will too,it's something that has been on with past leaders, and our president is no different won't even be surprised if one day we are sold out to the Chinese, until our leaders look inward and make up their minds that the primary objective of governance should be in the interest of the people first before any. thing else,other countries will keep exploiting our economy in the name of bilateral deals be it USA or Quatar

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by persius555(m): 9:14am On Mar 04, 2016
banki:

What exactly do you guys want
Oil prices are low you complain
He implements 50naira stamp duties to generate income you complain
He goes and signs bilateral trade agreement you complain
He wants to borrow from world bank you complain
He wants to borrow from America you complain
He collects money from looters you complain
Ok how does he fund the budget?
How does he keep nigeria running?
He bans importation of things that can be produced in nigeria you complain,
He bans importation of egg chicken palm oil, nigerians respond by increasing the price of egg pure water and chicken!

So I ask what do we actually want
Op pointed out an observation that could have escaped anyone's vigilance. I commend him for doing so. If PMB takes decisions that are not in favor of nigeria, its everyone's duty to point it out so that corrections or reversals are effected right away. This has nothing to do with the citizen's usual bias at every turn the present makes. At least, this observation is objective and i would expect that someone in the cabinet points this anomaly out for the presidency to look into. How do you open your doors to a country that has a clearly spelt out policy that discriminates against your citizens. The president should simply revisit this agreement so these countries dont take us for granted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by bashydemy(m): 9:16am On Mar 04, 2016
RZArecta:
Forget about comprehension here bro, Try to google and make research about qatar in the past, Nigerians flooded that country in the past and give Nigeria a bad name.. Do you think all this is happening in only Qatar? Most countries don't respect Nigeria why? because past leaders are the problems.. They steal money here and go and invest it or put it in their banks. Go to Dubai Nigerians are not respected.. Go to malaysia, china, etc.. When they see a Nigeria man they have second thought about us cos they believe we are too smart and can have a criminal mind... About Qatar visa, they are still issuing it here all you need is a link to get the visa.. She think she will just go online and get visa.. If Qatar are not issuing Nigerians visa, how does her friend get to Doha?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 04, 2016
Bekwarra:
Pathetic

Buharists live some of the most pathetic and deluded lives on earth. They defend anything so long it's coming from their god. They don't weigh issues against commonsense and conscience. So far it's coming from their god, their brains switch off and go on a very long recess, no wonder they call them ZOMBIES. That name is too apt. Meanwhile their god has proved time and over again that he's limited in intelligence and knowledge; he's yet to metamorphose into the 21st Century. National Carrier my foot. Dude's only interested in taking things back to the "Glory Days of the 80s". Well I don't blame him, I blame the zombies chest-beating for a man with a RAM of 520 MB whom cruel fate has foisted on us as our president. Jonathan was bad, this man is terribly worse. They want their country to be respected in the world as one of the emerging powers, but they want someone to present a NEPA bill as certificate in order to rule them. Then Plato who advocated for philosopher kings must be weeping in his grave now. Awon oloriburuku eni adanu. Sai Barber ko Sai hairdresser ni.

Why are you attacking people that have not even commented yet? You people have serious issues o.
Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Travejyke(m): 9:22am On Mar 04, 2016
luvinhubby:
By the time you see & read the ones he signed with U.A.E, you will cry.

Bros have you seen it yourself?if you have then upload it for us to read and protest against it. If not keep quiet!
Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by amodu(m): 9:23am On Mar 04, 2016
Where do you stand

arcnomec:

I think the question you should be asking is,of what essence is it to sign an aviation deal with a country who discriminate in issuance of visa to your citizen.

The article is quite articulating enough to stress out the parasitic agreement our president has gone into without taking the Nigeria factor into cognizance.
Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 04, 2016
I find it amusing when ignorant laymen discuss issues beyond them. Groping in the darkness.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by RZArecta(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2016
bashydemy:
[s]Forget about comprehension here bro, Try to google and make research about qatar in the past, Nigerians flooded that country in the past and give Nigeria a bad name.. Do you think all this is happening in only Qatar? Most countries don't respect Nigeria why? because past leaders are the problems.. They steal money here and go and invest it or put it in their banks. Go to Dubai Nigerians are not respected.. Go to malaysia, china, etc.. When they see a Nigeria man they have second thought about us cos they believe we are too smart and can have a criminal mind... About Qatar visa, they are still issuing it here all you need is a link to get the visa.. She think she will just go online and get visa.. If Qatar are not issuing Nigerians visa, how does her friend get to Doha?[/s]
I prefer to banter with intelligent people

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 04, 2016
It is shanji

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by luvinhubby(m): 9:30am On Mar 04, 2016
Travejyke:

Bros have you seen it yourself?if you have then upload it for us to read and protest against it. If not keep quiet!

And you did not hear that Adeosun & Udoma refused to sign it till Buhari threathened them with sack to sign it?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by iretiland: 9:32am On Mar 04, 2016
Wasn't this Adeniyi the dullard spokesman of ex-prezi Yar'Adua? Didn't they all fail then? He now has brain to scrutinize another administration's way....
Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by opribo(m): 9:35am On Mar 04, 2016
You guys still don't get it. I say by the time these guys are done with you all, you will ask yourself again that question how did we get here.

What else do they know, if Islam is not involved they cannot deal but once it cues on the cover of Islam nothing else matters including national interest.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by Shymm3x: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2016
kenny987:
This is what comes of going cap-in-hand to beg for crumbs as the president has a penchant for doing whilst blinded by religious affinity.

I have always been of the opinion that we have what it takes to get our act right fron within and make our country more attractive for business and investments. Countries and foreign investors with cash to burn and lookin for good profit will come to u! T[b]hat way u negotiate from a position of strength rather than appear completely dependent and at the mercy of those you go around begging.[/b]

Buhari has zero sense of diplomacy and PR so he's a poor salesman, unable to promote the beauty of his country and prospects for viable investments so all the jumping around amounts to zilch or at best, conditions that keep the Nigerian ppl at a a perpetual disadvantage.

How can he sign such a deal when Nigerians cannot be issues visas on decent terms? Did he and his motley crew even do proper research to find out areas of negotiation that favour Nigeria?

Smart arse, how do you negotiate from "a position of power" when dealing with a country of just over 2 million people, but with more proven oil reserves than Nigeria, the 3rd largest proven gas reserves in the world, and a GDP per capital of $145,894 (one of the highest in the world)? Switch your brain cells on and tell me who needs the other the most.

Some of you just post for the sake of posting. Qatar is actually doing Nigeria a favour and they should be ones calling the shots with Nigeria on its knees begging for investment. The country doesn't need Nigeria for anything.

As for the clown, Olusegun Adeniyi and his co-mor0n, Mrs Chioma Okigbo, crying about visa - no stable and rich country would allow Nigerians to travel to their country visa free, unless the country likes scroungers, who will end up snarling-up the whole place.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Questionable Deal With Qatar - Olusegun Adeniyi by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2016
kestolove95:
wetin cow sabi than to chop grass,,,, I pity u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Commissions Ekiti New Ministry Of Finance Complex,names It After Ogunlade / Looting: Release All COVID-19 Palliatives Now, NLC Tells Govts / The Real Winners, Losers Of APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.