Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,606 members, 7,941,336 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Daft Census Taking Idear, I Expect, So Dont Laugh... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daft Census Taking Idear, I Expect, So Dont Laugh... (324 Views)

Picture Of Bovi And Atiku Abubakar Dabbing Will Make You Laugh / Conduct Census In 2018, Senate Tells President Buhari / Nairaland 2015 state of origin Census(Rep Your State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daft Census Taking Idear, I Expect, So Dont Laugh... by Litmus: 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2016
2011, Japan lunched the satellite pictured.

Japan this morning launched a new spy satellite to add to a network it says will enable its military to keep a watch on any given spot on the planet, night and day, no matter the weather. Officials refused to provide details of the radar-equipped satellite's capabilities, but it is understood to able to distinguish objects as small as 1m in size on the ground.

informed by the bold above, was wondering if a Nation could derive a workable impression of population size utilizing satellite capture and then perhaps by use of enhancement technology and computers calculate the amount of people out and about. Oh god, sounds daft, but....but supposing a Nation were to enter into contract with the operators of some powerful American Satellite to take imagery of the nation on a set date when citizens had been told to step outside of their houses, cars and find unobscured place to stand......

such a thing might prove more accurate and cost-effective than traditional door to door and paper....

(1) (Reply)

Why Lagos State Government Should Be Commended For Halting Pilgrimage Sponsorshi / Its High Time We Look Inwards And Blame Ourselves Rather Than Govt / For Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.