Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,975 members, 7,942,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria (14843 Views)

How Long Does It Take For Indian Embassy To Issue Indian Medical Visa / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit / South African Man Who Smoked Malawian Indian Hemp Unclad At The Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by londoner: 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Op...here are some resources you may find useful as an Indian in Nigeria.

http://www.expatarrivals.com/article/interview-with-anvaya-an-indian-expat-living-in-lagos-nigeria
https://www.internations.org/nigeria-expats/indians
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism_in_Nigeria

Apparently there are over 200,000 Indian expats in Nigeria. There are also some Nigerian born Indians same with the Lebanese.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by Pamelayoung: 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
See a racist who's talking, u'd better stay in ur poverty stricken country n don't even attempt coming here.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Thanks for your time in compiling the info @ londoner.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Pamelayoung:
See a racist who's talking, u'd better stay in ur poverty stricken country n don't even attempt coming here.

Poverty stricken? undecided

Kindly watch t.v. more and read news.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by Forwetinnah: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
londoner:
Op to be honest you set the tone for what you experienced here. It is not bad to ask about safety but if you are going to place you should have some respect for the people there.

Nigeria is just like anywhere when it comes to safety. I stayed a month in Abuja recently alone and was fine even though I am a female also. Is there bombing yes, but while I was in Nigeria Paris was bombed, my hometown London has been bombed many times over the years. There are many Indians and other Asians in Nigeria especially Lagos and Abuja. There are also lots of Indian restaurants where you can eat your home food. There are also Bollywood movies too. I find Nigerians to be warm and friendly but they switch if they feel you think they are beneath you.

You are not the only person that has come and asked advice about travelling to Nigeria but they had a respect for Nigerians and Nigeria in their questioning.

If you go to Nigeria you'll enjoy it and be welcomed.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
Forwetinnah:

Thank you

Please where did I show disrespect?
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by chukxie(m): 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
You're welcome to Nigeria. Fear nothing because there are thousands of your countrymen/women living here.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by londoner: 12:15am On Mar 06, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Thanks for your time in compiling the info @ londoner.

No worries hope you find info useful. Even though this thread started off on the wrong foot it can still be steered into being an insightful, useful and educational one for you.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by SupremeDimeji(m): 11:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
India is ur motherland, so where is ur fatherland?
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by xoella: 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
it depends on where u want to stay north south or east ...but considering d fact dat u want to come for sightseeing I would suggest dat u make a research...
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by Chommieblaq(f): 6:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Who are you to give us that title? is your land rape free? WHy deceive yourself.

I joined this forum because Nigeria was the only other rapist nation in the world at par with India. do I thought Ill find some acceptance here. Kindly go and read my intro thread. shooo
Visit Nigeria if u want to, Nigeria is very safe. We have many of your ppl here.

I had many Indians in ma high school, Neha Sharma, Pooja and co.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by Chommieblaq(f): 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
gustav25:
Indiabwoy ....salam namaste

You have just been baptised with the Nigerian spirit
Alot of indians live in Nigeria from Kaduna to Lagos to Enugu all the way down to calabar and no one is using their head for nkwobinkwobi so don't worry ...just avoid the north east before we will watch DEVDAS 2

IF YOU are coming please get me some bluray copies of my name is khan and pk
I watch Indian movies so much that I even imagine myself getting married to SRK. (HAHAHAHAHAH).
He made me cry so much in Kal ho na ho and how can I ever forget Veer Zara, Devdas, before they started acting thrash buh ma name was Khan is a hit!
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by gustav25: 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
Since 2013 srk have been releasing just commercially successful movies but not movies we know him for that captivates heart .....but I have a feeling that his next movie FAN will just be it because an srk+yashraj films combo is just like srk+dharma or srk+bsanlai ......it can never go wrong ....my most anticipated movies this year are fan and dangal by aamir khan.

Srk is the king of bossing hearts of millions both male and female worldwide .....he is the reason I got to know much about india.Before I used to hear from people that India movies are just about dancing but around 2007 when I watched ddlj and tararumpum,my opinion change and I was welcomed into a world of soulful captivating awesome stories translated into movies and I have watched all his movies from dewana to paheli to pardes to veer zaara to hey ram to anjaam to darr to baazigar to yes boss to dilwale of 2015.
He is the No1 movie star in the world as of today and the second richest

I love SRK .......my name is khan is my best movie ever and honestly it deserved an OSCAR for the story and srks superb acting

Sis you are not the only girl ooo....ever his co female actors would love the cherry but he sticks with the woman who was with him before fame
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 8:42am On Mar 08, 2016
SupremeDimeji:
India is ur motherland, so where is ur fatherland?

There is no such thing as a fatherland. It is the mother that gives birth and nurtures everything on it. The people, the plants, the animals , the land must always be a mother.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 8:42am On Mar 08, 2016
xoella:
it depends on where u want to stay north south or east ...but considering d fact dat u want to come for sightseeing I would suggest dat u make a research...

Yes true.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Visit Nigeria if u want to, Nigeria is very safe. We have many of your ppl here.

I had many Indians in ma high school, Neha Sharma, Pooja and co.

Sure will do.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by SupremeDimeji(m): 9:08am On Mar 08, 2016
IndianBwoy:

There is no such thing as a fatherland. It is the mother that gives birth and nurtures everything on it. The people, the plants, the animals , the land must always be a mother.

Dunno that....
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
SRK's days are over. His career is downhill after he made some anti-national comments.

His last movie was a flop coz ppl refused to attend.

Theres a new generation of actors taking over now.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by gustav25: 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
IndianBwoy:
SRK's days are over. His career is downhill after he made some anti-national comments.

His last movie was a flop coz ppl refused to attend.

Theres a new generation of actors taking over now.
Let's face the fact here ....he is suffering because of first,for the past 3 years rohit shetty and Farah developed a stupid story plot and secondly the Hindus are against him same way the will boycott aamir khans dangal come the fall....but he makes his money from the overseas market and I know FAN will be a good film with good scripts Same to same
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
gustav25:

Let's face the fact here ....he is suffering because of first,for the past 3 years rohit shetty and Farah developed a stupid story plot and secondly the Hindus are against him same way the will boycott aamir khans dangal come the fall....but he makes his money from the overseas market and I know FAN will be a good film with good scripts Same to same

We Hindu wont let that bastard up on his feet again. He should thankful to Hindu money for bringing him up where he is.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by nnamdiosu(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Hi its my dream to visit Nigeria since childhood. My top destination. but my parents didn't let me go because they feared for my life. They thought I'd be kidnapped or something like that or else exploded by a bomb.

I wish to visit Nigeria but can I be targeted for my nationality and held at ransom or something like that?

Also most Nigerians hate Indians, even though they like our movies (I hate bollywood btw. rubbish.) or our hair.

hi bro. I apologise if u weren't given a suya me answer. Nigeria is still a safe country (provided u dont visit deep north)
2. Nigerians don't hate Indians. but they might not like them too.

3. you'll not be kidnap.

hope that suffices. ask me more questions if u wish to know more about Nigeria. peace
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
nnamdiosu:

hi bro. I apologise if u weren't given a suya me answer. Nigeria is still a safe country (provided u dont visit deep north)
2. Nigerians don't hate Indians. but they might not like them too.

3. you'll not be kidnap.

hope that suffices. ask me more questions if u wish to know more about Nigeria. peace

How is the food there?

Coz Indian like me cannot eat anything tainted with cow.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by tuzle(m): 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
IndianBwoy:

How is the food there?

y dont u guy eat anything tainted with cow
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
tuzle:
y dont u guy eat anything tainted with cow

Its bad.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by tuzle(m): 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Its bad.
how is it bad?. It isnt bad to us.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by uckennety(m): 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Hi its my dream to visit Nigeria since childhood. My top destination. but my parents didn't let me go because they feared for my life. They thought I'd be kidnapped or something like that or else exploded by a bomb.

I wish to visit Nigeria but can I be targeted for my nationality and held at ransom or something like that?

Also most Nigerians hate Indians, even though they like our movies (I hate bollywood btw. rubbish.) or our hair.
I v indian Frnds as my neigbour yogesh and sumit!ask Em!naija is Fun
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by nnamdiosu(m): 8:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
IndianBwoy:

How is the food there?

yes. I guess ur Hindu right? well we respect peoples choice and preference so we have food for vegetarians etc. the food is good. veryyyyy good. trust me. wink
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 5:52am On Mar 10, 2016
tuzle:
how is it bad?. It isnt bad to us.

Its bad for us. We have nomadic pastoral roots. Also its our totemic guardian.

And one more thing. Beef eating causes cancer. Red meat. And other complication . Its not healthy.

Makes you violent too.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by IndianBwoy(m): 5:52am On Mar 10, 2016
nnamdiosu:

yes. I guess ur Hindu right? well we respect peoples choice and preference so we have food for vegetarians etc. the food is good. veryyyyy good. trust me. wink

Oh alright thats fine then.
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by tuzle(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Its bad for us. We have nomadic pastoral roots. Also its our totemic guardian.

And one more thing. Beef eating causes cancer. Red meat. And other complication . Its not healthy.

Makes you violent too.
and dont get u. Is it dat ur people dont eat meat or dey dont eat only cow meat
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by gustav25: 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hindus don't eat cow and the mostly are vegetarians(thanks Bollywood)because cows are reverend by the hindus and this led to anarchy last year when a Muslim man killed a cow
Re: Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria by player007(m): 11:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
I will strongly advice that you listen to your parent. Cz if you come....... A ma bo e je last na ni o!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UAE: FG Advises Intending Travellers To Be Guided By New Visa Regime / Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares / Arik Air Suspending Operations Due To Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.