Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:13 AM

D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' (742 Views)

Emmanuella Samuel: Comedienne Featured On CNN / Olajumoke Orisaguna Featured On CNN (Photos&Video) / Olajumoke, Ex-Agege Breadseller To Feature On CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' by ebosie11(f): 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2016
Nigerian pop star D’Banj has disclosed that instead of carrying the gun to save the world, he chose the microphone.

The Emergency crooner who is a decade old in the music industry was profiled on CNN African Voices where he made the disclosure.Speaking with Keturah King of CNN,he said.....

‘I was never in one place. I was always moving around with my dad from one barracks to the next. I loved the military, I wanted to save the world, I wanted to be the first black super-hero. But, then instead of carrying the gun to save the world, I carried the microphone.’

He also pointed out that the death of his brother made him discover his music talent and ascribed his stardom to his love for the harmonica.

Commenting on the music industry in Nigeria, the music crooner had this to say:

’10 years ago we had no music industry, but 10 years today every household has a musician. If you are not a daring person you can’t be here o. If you check Forbes today where you have the Beyonces and the Jay-Zs you have to do beyond your singing and performing. You have to be a brand. You have to be a brand enough to sell products that will make relevance’

The Kokomaster also indicated that he is ambitious of an Oscar and 17 Grammys.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/i-carried-microphone-to-save-world-dbanj.html

Re: D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' by dammytosh: 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
Haters still be like his career is over as if their own career ever started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' by opeyemiieblog(m): 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
dbanj baba... I trust u

1 Like

Re: D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' by tayebest(m): 7:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
who your music don help?? undecided
Re: D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' by DrLee(m): 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pple that think this guy's career is over are seriously jonzing
Re: D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' by decatalyst(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Did be just say 'save' with microphone? undecided

Still thinking what he actually meant!

"mogbe" "oshey" "kokolet" "mamalet" etc hasn't saved anyone I can remember. undecided
Re: D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' by Elnino4ladies: 8:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
Eja nla..singin emergency

1 Like

Re: D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
Who him music don save?
He shlda said "I carried a mic to make a living"
Re: D'banj Features On CNN:'Instead Of Gun,I Carried Microphone 2 Save The World' by dammiecool(m): 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
Dumb baba jay will not like dis shocked sad

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why I Have Not Been Visible In The Nigeria Movie Scene – Nollywood Diva, Omotola / The Awesome Things Nigerians Invented / 5 Celebrities Who Hate Linda Ikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.