Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,252 members, 7,887,730 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:58 PM

Hello - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hello (1289 Views)

Hello Everyone... / Hello JULY! / Hello Ladies! Can You Go Out On A Date Without Makeup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello by 06013276dc(f): 5:50am On Mar 05, 2016
Hello nairalanders
Re: Hello by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 05, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
06013276dc:
My Bf n I 've bin dating since 2009. I'm currently serving n he has a masters degree without job. Recently,I noticed his inability to hustle wich has bin unknown to me over the years cos I felt its because he was still a student . To me as a girl who even with the support of my parent has done countless jobs to keep up,I feel it is a big risk devoting my life to him in marriage.
With the way this country is, shld any man still rely on employment.
've advised him on several petty jobs he can do to make money including taking tutorials bt he Jst refuses to take anyone up.

Recently he even got a contract mktin job bt he refused saying its too demanding n I'm lyk at least do it for d experience bt he wouldn't listen.
He claims he is nt lazy n dt tinx ain't Jst working well.I find it hard to believe that cos at his stage he hasn't even earned a penny on his own.
No doubt we both love eachoda bt as a biz person I nid to weigh the risk involved in any decision I take.

Pls I nid your opinion...

cc:lalasticlala, Seun,....

I think you need to have a serious talk with him about you guys future, seven years is quite a long time of investment you know

1 Like

Re: Hello by Mjshexy(f): 6:00am On Mar 05, 2016
Hmm..i think frustration is really hitting hard on him, he probably wants a permanent job that can give him quick money on time. It doesn't mean u should abandon him like that after 7yrs ma, just keep advising him & join him in prayers, he won't be in that condition for life...

1 Like

Re: Hello by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 05, 2016
This is always the mistake of any lady whose been in a relationship for so long,considering uv been together for many years so u have to sacrifice things even it against ur will to save the relationship...

7yrs is too long but ask urself if u can still sustain seeing urself with this guy for another 7yrs for being a jobless coz he is so picky? Most of us started from the bottom unless he was born from a super rich family then job & money are not a problem..

If ur bf won't listen to ur advice, it means he don't value ur opinion...
Re: Hello by AgbenuAnna(f): 6:51am On Mar 05, 2016
7 years seriously?
Re: Hello by Dojupyo(f): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2016
Seven years Like seriously..
Babe you know the truth already, forget the love feeling you have for him..
A time would come when you won't need love for a requirement..
I also believe you don't wanna be in your papa's place for too long...
Seven years is too long to be with a man who ain't ready to get married to you yet... Tell him you ain't leaving him cos he has no job, but you need to settle down cos you ain't getting any younger.. Its only if he's selfish, that he would tell you to stick with him for sometime more, hoping for something good to happen..

Nwanyi do the needful.. Araso?
Re: Hello by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 05, 2016
06013276dc:
My Bf n I 've bin dating since 2009. I'm currently serving n he has a masters degree without job. Recently,I noticed his inability to hustle wich has bin unknown to me over the years cos I felt its because he was still a student . To me as a girl who even with the support of my parent has done countless jobs to keep up,I feel it is a big risk devoting my life to him in marriage.
've advised him on several petty jobs he can do to make money including taking tutorials bt he Jst refuses to take anyone up.

Recently he even got a contract mktin job bt he refused saying its too demanding n I'm lyk at least do it for d experience bt he wouldn't listen.
He claims he is nt lazy n dt tinx ain't Jst working well.I find it hard to believe that cos at his stage he hasn't even earned a penny on his own.
No doubt we both love eachoda bt as a biz person I nid to weigh the risk involved in any decision I take.

Firstly, you really love this guy. Not every girl will stay in this kind of relationship with a man.

The problem is that your boyfriend's expectation is too high and he's not ready to start from 0 level.

Talk to him more and ponder your future with him, if he does not want to change, then you can consider someone else. After all, women have limited time of getting married while men is other way round.
Re: Hello by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 05, 2016
Why you are just realizing this after seven years seriously beats me. Anyways do what you feel is best. None of the people advising you will be in the same house with you and him when you get married (including me) so just do what you feel is best for you. Ciao
Re: Hello by Sunkyphil(m): 7:18am On Mar 05, 2016
truth b told ur guy his lazy I no wat his problem is inferiority complex just because he has MSC he feels he's too big to work in a small organization; make him dey house na money go cum meet am
Re: Hello by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 05, 2016
Do not despise the days of little beginning . . . . So says the Holy Book...... Keep hammering it on his head that he just need to keep WALKING or WORKING as the case is!
Re: Hello by 06013276dc(f): 7:39am On Mar 05, 2016
Hmn
Re: Hello by 06013276dc(f): 7:47am On Mar 05, 2016
I

1 Like

Re: Hello by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 05, 2016
06013276dc:

Hmmmnn...Frm wat 've noticed,i thinks its d way he is bin boughtup- he is Jst too relaxed based on d overcomfortability he gets from his parents,dey ain't rich bt dey 're all dis parents who dnt want dia kids to suffer. He so much values my strength of hustle n wishes he cld be lyk me...bt y cnt he? I dnt knw...cn I consider that as his own shortcomings?
is he d 1st child of his parents
2.is he over 25
Re: Hello by Sunkyphil(m): 8:22am On Mar 05, 2016
06013276dc:

Hmmmnn...Frm wat 've noticed,i thinks its d way he is bin boughtup- he is Jst too relaxed based on d overcomfortability he gets from his parents,dey ain't rich bt dey 're all dis parents who dnt want dia kids to suffer. He so much values my strength of hustle n wishes he cld be lyk me...bt y cnt he? I dnt knw...cn I consider that as his own shortcomings?
dat maybe d cause sha;but remember he is a guy n he can't continue like dat he needs to hustle n look for job
Re: Hello by cozy7(m): 8:23am On Mar 05, 2016
U started by saying he's an MSC holder, as if attaining that is all one needs to be successful. Well, now u no better. Your man is lazy, no doubt. He wants to work in nothing short of an oil company.

My advise is this, if u hv really talked to him n he's not listening, I suggest u threaten him with "leaving", as u rightly said....our economy of today favors hard workers n not stagnant certificate holders.
Re: Hello by CertifiedFreak(m): 8:24am On Mar 05, 2016
You call urself business savvy yet you've wasted 7 years on an "INVESTMENT" that might not yield dividends given the Nigerian situation?

Anyways, you do have to see it from his point of view. Spending donkey years acquiring all those degrees only to end up at a tutorial centre is definitely gonna make anyone's tummy churn. Laziness isn't the bane here, some jobs just sap you of that last ounce of hope you have that things could probably be better.
Re: Hello by 06013276dc(f): 9:04am On Mar 05, 2016
[quote author=bardella1 post=43494395]is he d 1st child of his parents
Re: Hello by 06013276dc(f): 9:12am On Mar 05, 2016
cozy7:
U started by saying he's an MSC holder, as if attaining that is all one needs to be successful. Well, now u no better. Your man is lazy, no doubt. He wants to work in nothing short of an oil company.

My advise is this, if u hv really talked to him n he's not listening, I suggest u threaten him with "leaving", as u rightly said....our economy of today favors hard workers n not stagnant certificate holders.
Re: Hello by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 05, 2016
06013276dc:
Weve didn't school in the same state so lyk much of our 4yrs in university was spent apart. Also,him hustling den wasn't a priority for me cos I felt he was still a student who Jst needed to face his studies.

I see, what about the remaining three years?
Re: Hello by cozy7(m): 10:47am On Mar 05, 2016
06013276dc:

Done dt n we currently on a break...tho he kips saying its nt his fault n I shld manage him for who he is...I'm jst confused if dis is enough reason to leave him forever.
Plz don't be beclouded by luv, u need to look beyond luv n no if u 2 can really survive with his laziness in play. Let him drop pride n pick up anything available. Sorry to say, but jobless pple eat a lot, are u ready to feed him n d kids (to come) 4d rest of your life? Let him wake up to reliability n grab sth while still searching for greener pastures, lots of pple do that (including me). If he's still stagnant, I suggest u look beyond luv n walk away. Its better to marry a crippled than some one who's got legs, but chooses to be idle (no offence plz, just advising)

1 Like

Re: Hello by Histrings08(m): 10:50am On Mar 05, 2016
U guys really need to sit down ND talk... We're in change era, no time for diedie at all... FYI, today is my birthday, fellow nairalanders dash me likes
Re: Hello by OkoAnike(m): 1:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Op i spent plenty time reading thru some of d advice on ur thread... Huummmm

My advice, look before u leap...because If nature turn round to favour his person later in life, what will you say?
Re: Hello by rosalieene(f): 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
06013276dc:

kick his sorry ass jare
Don't waste more years with him. without money, love is nothing
Re: Hello by austine4real(m): 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
My sista u beta do like usain bolt or....

I knw seven years no b small tin o but ur future& dat of kids are @ stake

(1) (Reply)

Mad Man And Woman Spotted kissing Passionately In Abia (photos) / When A Man Says "It Is Okay For Siblings To Have Sex As Long As They Use Con.dom / Can You Rock These Jesus Slippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.