Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,836 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:47 AM

My Source Of Motivation - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Source Of Motivation (659 Views)

Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary / The Best Way To Increase Motivation At Work / Your Plan B Source of Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Source Of Motivation by PenAStory: 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/03/05/my-source-of-motivation-an-interview-with-a-fan-kunbi-black/

FAN: *screams on top of her voice* OMG!!!!! Kunbi Black…Hi!!!!…I’m a super fan!

ME: *blushes* Awwwn! Now you gonna make me cry.

FAN: (laughs) I’m serious joor…are you always like this?

ME: Like how?

FAN: Errrmm…like funny and naughty like this.

ME: Lol! Haba! Babe… I’m human now and I have my ups and downs too. Not every time I’m happy or want to make people same. Sometimes, I just want to be alone and not talk to anybody.

FAN: Hmmm! Interesting! Newaiz I have been meaning to ask you…how do you do all of this…I mean you act, present on radio and on tv, Host events, speak to people and of course produce comedy shows.

ME: *smiles* Na God oh my sister.

FAN: ohhhh….I’m serious joor….what really motivates you?

ME: Sincerely, I was super serious when I mentioned the God-factor but in addition to that, I would say POVERTY!!!

FAN: Poverty

ME: Yes oh my dear! There is a certain level to which hunger will kill you that you automatically become multi-talented.

FAN: *laughs uncontrollably*

ME: I’m for real mehn!!! Simply put, poverty births creativity. It makes you start thinking about the money you cannot afford, the things you desire. You begin to hunger for stardom when on several occasions at different places you are looked on and spoken to anyhow just because you didn’t come in a car or you are not putting on an expensive outfit or accessory. The more you keep facing stuffs like that, the more you begin to hunger for stardom, relevance and success. I long badly to avoid living the kind of life my parents lived. Hence, my creativity was birthed out of my drive to want my father’s maximum achievement become my minimum.

FAN: WOW!!!

ME: Fact!

FAN: I see, now I totally get the angle you are coming from

ME: Yes oh! I’m coming from a place where thinking outside the box isn’t enough. You have to think on top of the box else no food on my plate.

FAN: Thanks for your time. It was great meeting and chatting with you

ME: Ah! No wahala….nah you be my Oga

P.S:- BEING BORN OR SURROUNDED BY POVERTY ISN’T AN EXCUSE FOR FAILURE. I BAILED OUT OF POVERTY THOUGH IT WAS WHAT INSPIRED MY CREATIVITY AND HAS MADE KUNBI BLACK WHO HE IS TODAY, BROUGHT ME THUS FAR AND IS TAKING ME TO THE PROMISE LAND OF COMPLETE SUCCESS, ACHIEVEMENT AND FULFILLMENT.

Source: PenAStory www.penastory.com

(1) (Reply)

Customized Paper Air Freshener (starting With Zero Capital) / PHOTOS: PHCN Staff Seen Using His Hand To Straighten Electrical Wires / Do You Want To Study Abroad Attend Our 1 Day Free Orientation Seminar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.