Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,100 members, 7,942,984 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

Need Web Development Price - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Web Development Price (1248 Views)

We Need Web Designers Urgently / Urgently Need Web Developer! / I Need Web Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Web Development Price by kolitos007: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2009
Please can any one help, I need to find out what the prices are for the following;

1.Web hosting for dynamic website
2.wed design for basic 5 page website
3. wed site with CMS for updating

Thank you
Re: Need Web Development Price by yawatide(f): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2009
1) Hosting price isn't determined by whether you want to have a web site or web app. It depends on bandwidth, storage, etc

2) Price for Web design for 5-page website depends on what kind of site, whether you will need images (if yes, how many), number of email addresses desired, if content is provided by you or the developer and if images are provided by you or the developer, to mention but a few

3) Again, depends on what type of site which in turn determines the level of customization.

In general, for 2 and 3, I give a flat rate, again, depending on type of site. No need stating rates, IMHO, for 5-, 10, 20-page sites as from experience, sooner or later, the number of pages is exceeded and you are left wondering how to charge extra. Besides, if you are talking web apps, a 20-page site could actually consist of say, only 4 or 5 files.

I have a minimum rate for web sites, web apps and CMS sites. That min. rate may then go up based on requirements.

Sorry to go off on a rant but I think it is necessary to state that your request is vague. With these pointers, you can hopefully be more specific.
Re: Need Web Development Price by kolitos007: 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

1) Hosting price isn't determined by whether you want to have a web site or web app. It depends on bandwidth, storage, etc

2) Price for Web design for 5-page website depends on what kind of site, whether you will need images (if yes, how many), number of email addresses desired, if content is provided by you or the developer and if images are provided by you or the developer, to mention but a few

3) Again, depends on what type of site which in turn determines the level of customization.

In general, for 2 and 3, I give a flat rate, again, depending on type of site. No need stating rates, IMHO, for 5-, 10, 20-page sites as from experience, sooner or later, the number of pages is exceeded and you are left wondering how to charge extra. Besides, if you are talking web apps, a 20-page site could actually consist of say, only 4 or 5 files.

I have a minimum rate for web sites, web apps and CMS sites. That min. rate may then go up based on requirements.

Sorry to go off on a rant but I think it is necessary to state that your request is vague. With these pointers, you can hopefully be more specific.

Just a bit confused with this, these are just simple questions, can someone please just give me a rough estimate, if I just want to run a site that is static without using any php or.net codes, I can get that for like £20 - £30, I just want to know how much it will cost for a basic price for that.

When I say a CMS site, it won't matter how many so what's the force with that , see how this website have got there price http://www.stevesims.com/pricing.htm , please can someone just give me basic price, I don't need stories about what and what not say some help will be good

thanks
Re: Need Web Development Price by yawatide(f): 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2009
kolitos, have it your way but even based on the site you reference, IMHO, you are doing the developer(s) a great disservice, and vice versa,  by not being specific.  Looking at that site, I can easily see how a customer can walk away not being satisfied, based on their needs.  I would feel like I am being boxed into a corner.  I am the kind of person who likes personalized service and that is what I give to my clients.  In the end, from experience (cos I have tried this pricing model before), you either cheat yourself or the client.  Either way, someone will get screwed.

I just had a conversation with someone who wanted a site the other day.  He said he wanted a 5-page site.  I said, "what kind of site?".  He said, "something simple". I said, "again, it depends on what kind of site".  In the end, he told me it was for his accounting firm and based on that, I tailored what he will be getting to his answers.  I would rather give the impression that I am a professional and know what I am doing than be a code monkey/order taker.  That Mr. Biggs mentality doesn't go down well with me.

Again, have it your way but I think it will be best for you to state what kind of site you need before asking for price.

Good luck!
Re: Need Web Development Price by kolitos007: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ok right, let me put it this way, I need an idea or a rough estimate of like price range for web hosting per year and a rough estimate of developing a website .

Please can anyone give me like a rough price minimum estimate

Thanks.
Re: Need Web Development Price by yawatide(f): 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2009
Again it depends.  I can give you what I charge on average though  wink

Web site (I don't charge per page): $800
Web app: $1,500
CMS: $2,000
Web hosting: I don't do this per se. what I do though is say I will charge them nothing for the first year and $50 a year after that.

This is how I determine what to charge: I google'd the web once for web design calculators (the ones that give real-time quotes, as opposed to "contact us for free quote).  I fill in the fields, as though I were the client.  Calculator spits out the results and depending on how I feel, I may go up or down on the resulting price.  I repeat the process for at least 2 other sites, then average the 3.  Over time, you get to know what clients are comfortable with and eventually, you have a minimum price based on that. Since all my clients are based on referrals, they pretty much know what to expect before contacting me.

I hope this helps.  Again, these are average prices.
Re: Need Web Development Price by kolitos007: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2009
WOW grin it took about 5 post to get that perfect, that is all I needed, average pricing thanks this helps
Re: Need Web Development Price by yawatide(f): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
If you wanted average pricing, then guess what? You should have said so. Then maybe then, it wouldn't have taken 5 posts. Also, are you honestly going to make a decision based on my response alone? what of others are lower/higher? What if I am lying? wink
Re: Need Web Development Price by kolitos007: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2009
There is no winning with you is there, I think if I jump left you will say why are you just jumping left, if I don't jump left, you will say why is he just standing there. I have not made my final judgement based on your estimate, am still waiting for others to comment.

Obviously you are still the only super geek around grin
Re: Need Web Development Price by yawatide(f): 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2009
Bros, not a matter of winning. I am an "if-then-else" kind of person. No answer to me is cut-and-dry. To me, it all depends. I also don't take people's words for it. I question everything. You have to convince me before I fall for you. Sorry if I appear pest-like, granted I think it is for your own good wink

Geek? Far from it. In fact, I HATE the term. I am just your average olufunmi tongue
Re: Need Web Development Price by kolitos007: 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2009
God, I feel sorry for your Man then smiley but you are not bad when you want to be nice

(1) (Reply)

How do i add A Free Sms Script To My Site So : / Register a .info Domain at N800 / Who Can Design A Wordpress Site Like The Mobile View Of Premiumtimesng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.