Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,695 members, 7,889,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:52 AM

Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview (43672 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Hausa Man's Comment As Buhari Addresses Nigerians In Hausa / President Buhari addresses Nigerians, Says he is deeply Grateful (VIDEO) / Buhari Addresses World Leaders At 3rd India-Africa Forum Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by 2ruink(m): 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
Rosebud90:
But why does Buhari always address national issues while on foreign tours or BBC hausa? what happened to NTA and media chats

because buhari is completely stewpid.
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by omolola15(m): 8:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
jumobi1:
With all due respect for PMB, he could have given a more intelligent and valid response.

Intelligent and valid response like?
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by ODUBEZE: 10:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
aventura:
We've never been blessed with eloquent leaders.
so true
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by ODUBEZE: 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
Rosebud90:
But why does Buhari always address national issues while on foreign tours or BBC hausa? what happened to NTA and media chats
That is because he is only ruling Nigerians in diaspora and he only trusts BBC Hausa also he grew up with it. lol!
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by jonnieoneng: 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Africanman123:
No sitting president will tell you that he wants his country to divide,but let it be clear that if everyone is treated with fairness all these shouts about Biafra will come down.

During GEJ era,SW was seriously marginalise but we never talked of breaking away.We only align properly to kick him out.Igbo go learn.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by tosyne2much(m): 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
zendy:

Stupidity is accepting the slave name a white man gave you without thinking that it is your God given right to decide your own name and destiny.
Nice quote bro cheesy
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by makonikof(m): 11:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
The recent quest fro Biafra is unlike that of the 1960's.
The east is not looing for war but they want Biafra!
Get that into ur thick skul!
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by tosyne2much(m): 11:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
scachy:
I've always known that PMB is a big Joker,very hypocritical, controversial and unreliable ,A man that called for d creation of independence of Palestinian state frm Israel is saying that Biafra is joke.
So some people deserves independence y some don't deserve it?
well Biafrans has d right to self determination and that right supercedes one individual no matter how mighty n highly placed such individual is.

Watch what he said on independence of Palestinian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA4eB-mOToA

So for the fact that he called for the creation of independence in Palestinian automatically makes it ideal for Nigeria to imbibe Biafra? So you mean what works for A should also work for B?

You should be a joker here
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by Sweetrolly(m): 11:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
SUPERPACK:
One buhari One hausa One igbo One yoruba One Dasuki One Kanu One Dokpesi One yam One Goat One economy One Nairaland One Nigeria One Everything . United we stand, Divided we fall.
NIGERIA HAS NEVER BEEN UNITED TALK MORE OF STANDING

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by asiwaju87(m): 11:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
I guess this time around 2million biafrans will poof grin

Using almighty formular or betterstill completing the square method...
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by asiwaju87(m): 11:59pm On Mar 06, 2016
Rosebud90:

Perhaps you've gat no tv or ur tv's gat no NTA so you can see that Presidential chat as always been up and running.

Think before you talk please, don't talk before you think cuz either you like it or not, even if he's not gon come for second term, by HIS grace he's gon end this term cuz that's how we endured Goodluck Scammerthan for 6yrs
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 07, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
dey there dey deceive yourself...the SW aint interested in pulling out of the country,,,IPODs are...if you are counting on what happened in mile 12 n...that is a one -off..and it will be settled very soon.....the SW aint sentimental when dealing with issues like this and they are forgiving ,we know the people who are not!!!
and who are the people if i may ask. SMH
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by babyfaceafrica: 12:15am On Mar 07, 2016
Mcquine:
and who are the people if i may ask. SMH
ipod...happy now?
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by comrChris(m): 12:26am On Mar 07, 2016
the question l keep asking is why all this struggles by Hausa and Yoruba to keep igbos in nigeria? or does it mean nigeria cannot survive without igbos.pls l need answers from Yoruba because l understood they are the one that needs this marriage most
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 07, 2016
babdap:
Bad news for IPOD
good news for u POO's (shiit).
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 07, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
ipod...happy now?
oya clap for yourself POO.
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 07, 2016
Everything mr president said are all lies, from dwirling economy to Bokoharam and Biafra.
Today I bought fuel 140Naira at warri........when he promised to bring it to 40 naira without subsidy.. He said subsidy is Kwaruption, Yet he still pay subsidy... Who is fooling who...After we made fun of Mr Jonathan of cluelessness... Mr buhari told us one naira will be one dollar....my brother..Now $1=N330...
Buhari telling nigerian indirectly not to school abroad, yet his children are schooling in foreign schools and he told us before election he didnt have money to purchase form. Tell me where he got money to send his children to foreign school??
I strongly believe buhari need to resign and enrolled himself to kinda of further studies......like other head of states that ruled Nigeria did. They further their education, gave public speech, wrote books, improve in their personal development......Buhari has failed on that. He was idle on that, only appearing on Bbc hausa to speak hausa... Where in Nigeria after buhari left office to give public speech, symposium, educative forum speech, or write a simple 20 pages of books, where where
I see reasons pple are telling him to produce his waec certificate.......
His pple, hausas-- causing mayhem here and there since he became president. Killing pple, woman and children without mercy. I saw some pictures today on facebook on aguta herdmen killings---- jesus christ!! I was shocked to see a toddler's hand cut off with deep machete cut in his head, corpes litters the bush path...pple killled in their poll of blood. A woman and her child lifelessly lying on bush path. It was an EYE SOAR....What kind of breathing monster that can kill somuch pple without remorse. ....chaaiii.
What does our religion teaches us about killings. ....These herdmen are devils, worst than bokoharams...I mean equal to Bokoharam. ..
No wonder the east are crying for sovereignty state of biafra, cause this killings are not stopping anytime soon. ITS HAS BEEN BEFORE THE CIVIL WAR. There is no sign of this religious bigot stopping killing in the future..Recently, the yorubars are saying no More one Nigeria cause of same kind of illiterate killings in lagos on yorubar land......
THE WORST PART OF IT....MR BUHARI IS KEEPING A BLIND EYE on these killings caused by his pple...So before Mr buhari will leave office 2019 half of Nigeria must have died in the hands of his brothers....Chaiiii.
I WILL SUPPORT BIAFRA ON THIS....The killings are so much to bear....The international community are looking up to us. And everyday hausa will continue killing...why why why why why!!!!!!!.
NIGERIA WHICH WAY......Can splitting the country the solution? Have ponder on it severally and I think CAPITAL "YES".. The killings will stop automatically. ....quote me anywhere.
The USA saw it.....And said Nigeria is a failed state. They will not vomit that..Its really true...
If Biafra 99% Christian dominated state can be achieved peacefully. I WILL SUPPORT IT...No more blood shed.
LETS BE REASONABLE HERE....BUHARI SAID MORE THAN 2MILLIONS NIGERIANS WAS KILLED DURING THE CIVIL WAR........POINT OF CORRECTION....Its "MORE THAN 2MILLION IGBOS WERE SLAUGHTERED".

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by ZombieSlayer: 12:54am On Mar 07, 2016
BFRia will happen whether Buhari likes it or not. Two things are involved, it's either he is alive to witness it or he is dead and and it still happen. He can't northernize the army all he wants and keep killing easterners but what is bigger than nigeria is bigger than it. Passion for a peaceful and prosperous country free from hausa/fulani whose love for violence and abduction of young christian virgins is an insatiable norm. How do i say God punish Buhari in hausa?
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by ZombieSlayer: 12:58am On Mar 07, 2016
jonnieoneng:

During GEJ era,SW was seriously marginalise but we never talked of breaking away.We only align properly to kick him out.Igbo go learn.

Igbo go learn just like you are learning from the suyalization of your people in the heart of mile12. Igbo boys are selling mouka foam to your displaced relatives in IDP camp in ikorodu you are here making noise. mkpi!
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by after1: 1:01am On Mar 07, 2016
ZombieSlayer:

Igbo go learn just like you are learning from the suyalization of your people in the heart of mile12. Igbo boys are selling mouka foam to your displaced relatives in IDP camp in ikorodu you are here making noise. mkpi!

Why not go sell those foam to your people in Enugu, Fulani have raped all women there and killed able young men but you are here mocking your late parents. Those in Ebonyi and Imo will curse you when they see you dont even care about the killings and rape going on there, you have no shame bro.
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by ZombieSlayer: 1:08am On Mar 07, 2016
after1:

Why not go sell those foam to your people in Enugu, Fulani have raped all women there and killed able young men but you are here mocking your late parents. Those in Ebonyi and Imo will curse you when they see you dont even care about the killings and rape going on there, you have no shame bro.

Demand should be directly proportional to supply. The yorubas in ikorodu IDP camp need the mouka foams now more than anybody else. Do you want them to sleep on the hard concrete floors and tarred roads and wake up with back pains unable to work on monday morning? Why you hate your people like this? grin
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by after1: 1:12am On Mar 07, 2016
[s]
ZombieSlayer:

Demand should be directly proportional to supply. The yorubas in ikorodu IDP camp need the mouka foams now more than anybody else. Do you want them to sleep on the hard concrete floors and tarred roads and wake up with back pains unable to work on monday morning? Why you hate your people like this? grin
[/s]

Trash. The women in Enugu are crying for help, those in Ebonyi cant even sleep with 2 eyes. Lmaoooo. Igalas are now running things in Anambra, you people have no shame. Continue to cry on nairaland while Fulani rape your women in Imo, the joke is on you little man.
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 07, 2016
boman2014:
– President Buhari in a fresh interview with foreign media speaks about Nigeria’s problems

– He restated that naira devaluation is against national interests

– The president claimed that he hasn’t failed against Boko Haram

– Buhari addresses Biafra issue

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt61u6q9hn64b.3012398c.jpg[/img]
President Muhammadu Buhari during his last visit to Qatar has given the interview to Al Jazeera.

The Nigerian president has been speaking about the challenges the country is facing now, comprising the naira devaluation, the Boko Haram, anti-corruption crusade, the Biafra issue.
Buhari is seeking support for his fight against corruption and to promote much-needed investment in his country’s ailing economy.

Qatar is the actual president of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and Nigeria is Africa’s largest oil producer.

The low oil prices have a destroying influence on the Nigerian economy, which has long depended on the export of oil.

President Buhari said: “ We were unable to diversify our economy, hence we are much more disadvantaged by the lower oil prices.”

He tells the journalist that he values the institution of OPEC and that “ Nigeria will make the necessary sacrifice to remain in OPEC.”

On naira devaluation, the Nigerian leader of the nation said he would not reconsider his insistence on freezing the currency. President Buhari said as Nigeria “virtually imports everything, from rice to toothpicks”, it cannot afford to devalue its currency.

“If it is against our national interest, why can’t we go against the IMF advice? ” Buhari asks.

Two major Buhari’s promises during the election campaign last year were to eradicate corruption and end the Boko Haram insurgency.

Speaking on the Boko Haram, the president restated that none of local government areas has been occupied by the insurgents, adding that he hasn’t failed against the insurgents

However, the Boko Haram remains active in many areas of Nigeria, seemingly able to strike at will.

Being asked how Buhari is planning to deal with Biafra, the president said: “ At least two millions Nigerians were killed in the Biafra war. And for somebody to wake up, may be they weren’t born. Looking for Biafra after two millions people were
killed, they are joking with the security and Nigeria won’t tolerate Biafra.”

The declaration of the Independent Republic of Biafra in 1967 caused a civil war that resulted in the death of millions and the re-annexation of the republic to Nigeria in 1970.

The administration of President Buhari has always maintainedthat Nigeria’s unity is a priority for the country and that while peaceful pro-Biafran protests are welcome, demanding the
separation of the Biafran territories is against the constitution.

https://www.naij.com/753844-nigeria-wont-tolerate-biafra-buhari-speaks-current-state-country.html

Everything mr president said are all lies, from dwirling economy to Bokoharam and Biafra.
Today I bought fuel 140Naira at warri........when he promised to bring it to 40 naira without subsidy.. He said subsidy is Kwaruption, Yet he still pay subsidy... Who is fooling who...After we made fun of Mr Jonathan of cluelessness... Mr buhari told us one naira will be one dollar....my brother..Now $1=N330...
Buhari telling nigerian indirectly not to school abroad, yet his children are schooling in foreign schools and he told us before election he didnt have money to purchase form. Tell me where he got money to send his children to foreign school??
I strongly believe buhari need to resign and enrolled himself to kinda of further studies......like other head of states that ruled Nigeria did. They further their education, gave public speech, wrote books, improve in their personal development......Buhari has failed on that. He was idle on that, only appearing on Bbc hausa to speak hausa... Where in Nigeria after buhari left office as a head state to give public speech, symposium, educative forum speech, or write a simple 20 pages of books, where where?
I see reasons pple are telling him to produce his waec certificate.......
His pple, hausas-- causing mayhem here and there since he became president. Killing pple, woman and children without mercy. I saw some pictures today on facebook on aguta herdmen killings---- Jesus christ!! I was shocked to see a toddler's hand cut off with deep machete cut in his head, corpes litters the bush path...pple killled in their pool of blood. A woman and her child lifelessly lying on bush path. It was an EYE SOAR....What kind of breathing monster that can kill somuch pple without remorse. ....chaaiii.
What does our religion teaches us about killings. ....These herdmen are devils, worst than bokoharams...I mean equal to Bokoharam. ..
No wonder the east are crying for sovereignty state of biafra, cause this killings are not stopping anytime soon. ITS HAS BEEN BEFORE THE CIVIL WAR. There is no sign of this religious bigot stopping killing in the future..Recently, the yorubars are saying no More one Nigeria cause of same kind of illiterate killings in lagos on yorubar land......
THE WORST PART OF IT....MR BUHARI IS KEEPING A BLIND EYE on these killings caused by his pple...So before Mr buhari will leave office 2019 half of Nigeria must have died in the hands of his brothers....Chaiiii.
I WILL SUPPORT BIAFRA ON THIS....The killings are so much to bear....The international community are looking up to us. And everyday hausa will continue killing...why why why why why!!!!!!!.
NIGERIA WHICH WAY......Can splitting the country the solution? Have ponder on it severally and I think CAPITAL "YES".. The killings will stop automatically. ....quote me anywhere.
The USA saw it.....And said Nigeria is a failed state. They will not vomit that..Its really true...
If Biafra 99% Christian dominated state can be achieved peacefully. I WILL SUPPORT IT...No more blood shed.
LETS BE REASONABLE HERE....BUHARI SAID MORE THAN 2MILLIONS NIGERIANS WAS KILLED DURING THE CIVIL WAR........POINT OF CORRECTION....Its "MORE THAN 2MILLION IGBOS WERE SLAUGHTERED".
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by deb(m): 4:09am On Mar 07, 2016
BlackTechnology:
I hope Yorubas won't shout Odua republic when the price to keep Nigeria One means the repetition of mile 12 all over SW.

They are not as daft as you. They will manage the situation more intelligently as they are currently doing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 07, 2016
Truly I have begun to see why it was easy for Babangida to overthrow buhari so easily in a coup. Why it only took about 4 men to arrest him and nobody fought back for him. He came in riding on popularity then in as he did now but in a few short months then had turned everyone against him . It is the same now so much so that even the diehards who are trying to find reasons to support him are slowly but surely daily turning away from him. Truly a leopard can never change his spots

winterfell007:
Buhari is truly unpresidential with the statement he made. how could threaten an entire region with military just because u want to make a point. As leader u are meant to be a unifying factor even in the face of provocation. truly Buhari is not a leader for the 21st century. the last election showed he wasn't fit for the office of the presidency. Buhari promised to deal with the regions that only gave him 5% of their votes with little or no social amenities, how could a true leader utter such statement before the international community? i felt embarrassed. if you don't like the Igbos and wish to see them dead, must you let the whole world know how vehement and intolerable you are towards them. A true leader is one who attempts in all time the unify the people against ethnic or trivail sentiments. He just fuelled the hate by uttering such callous statement by reminding them of history.

Buhari has forgotten that you can't use the military against citizen just because they agitated for secession. that will be viewed the highest level of irresponsibility by a legitimate government
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by donhils: 5:48am On Mar 07, 2016
With time we'll see how it all goes down. Meanwhile, what does he (Buhari) mean by 'two millions people' ?
If na Patience Jonathan talk this one now everybody for don see am.
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by pho27(f): 8:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Greedy people looking for a greedy country cos of dia selfish interest in d south south region. My dad once told me that anyone who witnessed d Biafra war won't agitate for it today, I guess it's d dead's great great grand children that are bringing it up again cos dey didn't see d pain and look of regrets in d eyes of dia fore fathers before dying. mtweeeee
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by Alwaystruth: 8:24am On Mar 07, 2016
It is only a fool, I repeat, only a fool expected Bubu to say less than the ignorance he displayed in that interview.
No one expected Buhari to say he will allow Biafra to go unless idiots from South West. Freedom is not granted ,it is fought for.
All this gra gra FG is posing with the army and soldiers against Ipob is because only less than 5% of Ibos are asking for Biafra.
If 50% of Igbos home and abroad sincerely ask for Biafra, I don't think the weaponless Nigeria army can stop them. Lesson, for those idiots and Fulani slaves from South West, after Biafran war and other wars in late 60's and 70's, the United nations in 1973 introduced what it called no flight zone during wars, which prohibits governments of countries from using war planes to bomb their citizens as witnessed during Biafra and Nigeria war. On another news for slaves from South West, the ascension of Osibanjo as V.P has not impacted anything positively for a single
ordinary man from South West,except relatives and friends in his social circle. So, keep deceiving yourselves while the Fulani president kills your citizens and other southern citizens at will. keep deceiving yourselves while the Daura president works hard to create grazing fields and expand his kingdom in the name of herding for his Fulani kinsmen. Who doesn't know that the avowed oneness and faith in one Nigeria by the South West is a sign of cowardice as it can not confront his slave masters from the north.
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by kingzizzy: 8:46am On Mar 07, 2016
abiolert:

self determination is a principle of international law and its is best achieved with a non violent means. I think it's a matter of choice Sir .

Have you heard about Biafran agitators killing anybody? On the contrary, they have been largely peaceful despite being illegally detained,tortured and shot at. On the reverse, Buharis very own people are commiting muder,rape,kidnapping etc on a daily basis.

The Aljazeera interview finally exposed Buhari to the world as the charlatant he truly is. If Obama was confronted with video evidence of his security forces shooting at unarmef Americans, he would be jumping to see it. If David Cameron was told that the British forces shot at unarmed Brits, he would demand to see the video. But because Buhari is a highly divisive,uncivilised analogue leader of a bygone era, he declined to watch the crimes being committed by his army. Who is going to take such a man seriously? Even when he was asked why he can't invite the Biafran secessionists for dialogue, he proved once again how bereft he is of leadership qualities by asking 'why should we invite them for dialogue?' . Buhari, by that interview showed that he has no problem with killing his own people and doesn't care about anyone who has a contrary opinion to his. This man called Buhari is not the sort of person that any country that is aspiring to move forward should have as a leader. I have doubt in my mind that Buharis tenure in office will one of the worst in Africa
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by ozoemenaca: 9:48am On Mar 07, 2016
Does he know what he is saying ? He is indeed confused about everything, if he likes let him climb the mountain top and say whatever he likes, the truth is that when the appointed time for people of God to have their freedom from this entity called Nigeria it would be to them like they that dream dreams.
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by Omonigeriarere: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2016
Obipat:
Mumu president.

In the assumption of mumu brain...
Re: Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview by bukqar(m): 11:03am On Mar 07, 2016
Obipat:
Mumu president.
haha d thing pain u be DAT,abeg guy go hug transformer if u call an elderly man like this i guess u can say same to ur dad. dis illiteracy if don't know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recall Mojisola Alli-Macaulay Banner By Amuwo Odofin Residents / Obasanjo & Goodluck Jonathan At 85th Birthday Of Gabriel Igbinedion Thanksgiving / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.