Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,352 members, 7,971,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:30 AM

Stealing By Tax. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stealing By Tax. (546 Views)

Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. / Kogi Tax Collector Kills A Trailer Driver With Plank (Photos) / Nigerian Man Convicted In An Elaborate Tax Fraud Scheme In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stealing By Tax. by monkvirus(m): 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good day nairalanders, please i need your advice.
Please i av a friend who works as a teacher in a private school somewhere in surulere Lagos. She has been working there for over a year now and there has been no increment in her salary but of recently her boss decided to remove #8,000 from her salary, when accosted, she said its was for TAX and that's what the federal government of Nigeria has asked her to remove. Please how many percentage of one's salary should be deducted as TAX? And please how can she report this daylight robbery to the FIRC (FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE) or any other government body responsible for TAXATION? This is just too outrageous because i know of some people work as teachers both in Government and private schools do not have such high percentage removed as TAX from their salaries.

Please i need candid response.

Thanks.
Re: Stealing By Tax. by paulcaesar(m): 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
SEE The Bicycle Washing Machine That Will Clean Your Clothes While You Exercise.

1 Share

Re: Stealing By Tax. by Atk1nson(m): 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
monkvirus:
Good day nairalanders, please i need your advice.
Please i av a friend who works as a teacher in a private school somewhere in surulere Lagos. She has been working there for over a year now and there has been no increment in her salary but of recently her boss decided to remove #8,000 from her salary, when accosted, she said its was for TAX and that's what the federal government of Nigeria has asked her to remove. Please how many percentage of one's salary should be deducted as TAX? And please how can she report this daylight robbery to the FIRC (FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE) or any other government body responsible for TAXATION? This is just too outrageous because i know of some people work as teachers both in Government and private schools do not have such high percentage removed as TAX from their salaries.

Please i need candid response.

Thanks.

She should just simply tell her madam to provide her with her tax clearance card for taxes she has paid or tax credit notes (whichever one is applicable to the tax the madam claimed to have been deducting), that she needs it to apply for some things.
Re: Stealing By Tax. by Atk1nson(m): 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Secondly ur friend & her madam are both guilty by not paying taxes in D past, and the relevant tax authority will be the State Board of internal Revenue
Re: Stealing By Tax. by monkvirus(m): 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
Atk1nson:
Secondly ur friend & her madam are both guilty by not paying taxes in D past, and the relevant tax authority will be the State Board of internal Revenue

Actually her boss has been removing tax from her previous salaries, but not this much, all of a sudden she said that the new tax would be 8k for all staffs.
Re: Stealing By Tax. by monkvirus(m): 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2016
Atk1nson:
Actually her boss has been removing tax from her previous salaries, but not this much, all of a sudden she said that the new tax would be 8k for all staffs.

(1) (Reply)

Insurgency’ll Soon Become History:Buratai / Ritualists Apprehended With Body Parts In Ogun State / Assassination In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.