Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Tribute To Late Nasir (Sokoto State Commr On ICT) From A Former Youth Corper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Late Nasir (Sokoto State Commr On ICT) From A Former Youth Corper (349 Views)

PHOTO: Late Nasir Zarummai An A Selfie With Daughter / Photos: Late Nasir Zarummai In A Selfie With Daughter, More Funeral Photos / Abia St Commr Of Police: Police Won’t Allow MASSOB To Undermine National Securit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To Late Nasir (Sokoto State Commr On ICT) From A Former Youth Corper by CharlesPhc: 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Tribute to Late Nasir (Sokoto State Commissioner on ICT) by a Former Youth Corp member from Port Harcourt who served in Sokoto State during the 2007/2008 Service Year

The news of your demise came to me as a very rude shock.

Sir, I remembered how as a Youth Corp Member serving in Sokoto State in 2007 (immediately after Gov. Wammako was sworn-in as Governor of the State) I was still working on my ICT Community Development Service (CDS) when I got a call from you, as you simply introduced yourself as Nasir and invited me over to your office (formerly World Health Organization (WHO) Office at the State Secretariat) for a brief chat; When I got there, you told me how my project had got the Governor's attention and the Governor had directed you to get in touch with me and make sure I was not lacking in anything I needed to complete the task.

I showed you the timeline of the project and the date of unveiling which in your own words you said “It’s always my pleasure to encourage young men like you who understand what it means to give back to the society without expecting anything in return”

Sir, as we went on together, you did everything possible to bring the Governor to be the Special Guest of Honor on my unveiling ceremony as a way of encouraging me and my work as you had promised and when the Sokoto State NYSC Authorities declined to grant the request for the Governor to grace the occasion, you were undeterred and your presence that day (in your capacity as the SSA to the Governor on ICT) added all the colors and boasted the morale of those Secondary School students you ensured were empowered even though no one knew how you were immensely and extremely instrumental behind the scene. Your passion for the empowerment of young people in Sokoto State through ICT was indeed so inspiring that you would not be forgotten even in death.

Sir, those emails from you even after I’d left Sokoto State were something else and each time I read through them over and over again, I realized the importance of selfless service to humanity. This was why the news of your sudden and untimely demise came to me as a very rude shock which I am yet to come to terms with.

As I write this, I am certain those young men and women from different Secondary Schools in Sokoto State whom you empowered would appreciate the fact that you were their hero and would always live to remember your legacy and the impact you made in their lives.

Adieu Sir..!!! Adieu the lifter of the young generation…!!! Adieu Nasir..!!! May your soul Rest in Peace. Amen

From Mr. Charles
The Youth Corper from Port Harcourt (as I was been called then)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media My Foot!! / Buhari Has Abandoned Governance For Foreign Interest - Fayose / Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.