Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,237 members, 7,887,669 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:07 PM

Job Vacancies And Age Limit Conditions: Its Consequences On Job Seekers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Vacancies And Age Limit Conditions: Its Consequences On Job Seekers (915 Views)

Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business / Why Companies Do Not Reveal Their Names On Job Adverts / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Vacancies And Age Limit Conditions: Its Consequences On Job Seekers by tallfish145(m): 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
I am putting down this piece of writting on the unneccessary barriers employers of labor usually attached to add more frustrations on hungry but serious minded job seekers. My heart is full of pains each time i saw a job advert with age limit attached to it,say 20-26.Meaning if you are nearly 30yrs old,no job for you.This condition is really affecting many energetic and result oriented job seekers out there.My candid advice to employers of labor out there is reconsider hiring people based on age but on their worth

2 Likes

Re: Job Vacancies And Age Limit Conditions: Its Consequences On Job Seekers by laprince(m): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
Its quite annoying. Some would still ask for two to three years of work experience.

This is a major reasons many Nigerians would continue to resort to getting a court coverage to reduce their age?

In the end, the same old people get the same job positions. Its better, the need for age is gradually shoved down. This will make people lie less.
Re: Job Vacancies And Age Limit Conditions: Its Consequences On Job Seekers by izken: 3:46am On Mar 06, 2016
We should rather be more concerned with its consequences on the job itself.
Countries that have experienced boost in manufacturing are those that have jettisoned age restriction to recruitment. It is very easy in advanced countries to see colleagues who have put in years in different fields come together to solve a common problem and it is very interesting. It encourages productivity as one soon learns how to incorporate good practices from other fields; sometimes only age and experience can bring such. While it might be a bit of a risk to have someone who has spent his entire career in engineering head a financial sector, it will be very productive to have him/her climb the ladder of leadership, starting as a trainee no matter his age if his qualification meets recruitment requirements.
The labour union and government must come together and discard this aged and anti growth policy by recruiters.
Re: Job Vacancies And Age Limit Conditions: Its Consequences On Job Seekers by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
Sorry to add folks, but this will always be the case, so long as the supply of labour clearly exceeds it's outright demand by these organizations. Even the government and all the labour groups n laws can't force them to go beyond their budget(which according to them would be hampered) if certain restrictions are not placed on the number of trainees to be accepted annually!

Ohhh how I so long for the day it all goes back to the 70s n early 80s where graduates were actually persuaded to take up these same jobs which are been denied them today!!! Anyways, what do we know, with the continuous agitation for self employment, I'm sure those days of nostalgia will surely come to play in the nearest future...

All is well!
Re: Job Vacancies And Age Limit Conditions: Its Consequences On Job Seekers by obajoey(m): 7:59am On Mar 07, 2016
Please always ignore whatever age you see on the job requirement advert because when God is at work all protocols will be broken..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For In-store Sales Representatives / Apply Now For British High Commission (BHC) Graduate Recruitment In Abuja, 2016 / Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.