Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,123 members, 7,973,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:57 AM

Kennis Music-is This The End? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kennis Music-is This The End? (7727 Views)

Kennis Music: Best Musical Record Label In Nigeria? / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame / 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by sherrif222: 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2009
@sundid i dont think you are a real hiphop head,if u er u ev stayed too long to know that you dont pass a king without giving respect else you get fkd,kennis was claiming the boss in naija but wen they saw the king of naija HIPHOP as at that time the fail to recognise and the street will never 4give dem for that,yes i give dem respect for taking niaja music to the level we are now, yes dem be bros,but bros no mean say the younger ones are stupid,what i exect them to do now is to go into the street and bring up new talents with that they will gain back their confidence, nobody is crucifying them but we are worried that they are loosing their CONFIDENCE AS A HIPHOP EMBLEM.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by iz2much: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2009
I think dey are more focused on sumtin,guess i has sum tin 2 do wit Daar communicatn.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by kok(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2009
I wouldnt say its the end for Kennis Music rather the new present transition train has left them behind.

Truly Kennis Music paved way for nigerian music abroad because they have all the connections and know what it is to make a brand out there but they failed by trying to make the scene a one man thing even they forgot to include innovation in their style which is what has left them behind.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by yang(m): 9:21pm On Jul 25, 2009
I think the industry is all about staying ahead in the game. They lost out in getting new acts in to strengthen the label but they got a lot of media power right now(satelite,radio,Tv).
i just think they would do better focusing on that now than in production its not for them anymore.

www.overtimeafrica.com
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by seyisolu(m): 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2009
r dey really worth being talked about? what exactly is the fraud or misnormality in this Kennis records?
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by KelvinC1(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2009
kennis are d best and still d best. sayz me 08038036200
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Charley3: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2009
Well, All I have to say is that every thing has a time and place, there is enough space!!!
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by sundid(m): 11:29pm On Jul 25, 2009
Sheriff222, i dont want u all 2lose confidence in this KENNIS MUSIC crusade. If u're in d country, i suppose u wld have heard about d KENNIS MUSIC/CENTAGE TALENT HUNT. This talent hunt is long over due, as they are prepared 2give d naija music industry a storm globally. So if u knw u have wat it takes musically 2b calld a KENNIS MUSIC ARTIST. I'll suggest u check them out. That's mine
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by lectureme(m): 11:56pm On Jul 25, 2009
They are still in to existence.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by viewlekan: 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2009
kofiannan:

@Topic,

One thing I love and hate about Nigerians is that they are very critical.

Today they like and applaud you

Tomorrrow they hate and judge you.

Dbanj is the talk of the town. He introduced koko mansion and the same Nigerians wrote him off.

2face is the best. His personal and private life became a source of hatred.

Na so we be.

Sooner than later, we will start hearing hateful messages about Rugged Man

I believe that assertion would be as representative with all peoples.

That is the indicative of the essence of life.You are popular when you making strides and you fall/depreciate  when something/someone  better comes along.The people I really applaud musically are the likes for eg Sunny Ade/jayz who are still  prominent in the face of extreme innovation/competition, it still beats me.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by sley4life(m): 12:07am On Jul 26, 2009
Its the beginning
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by viewlekan: 12:12am On Jul 26, 2009
lecture me:

They are still in to existence.

I dont think anyone is disputing that fact, the issue is that they are not as relevant in the scheme of things as for instance a few years ago, so it could be a logical question to ask if they are going down the drain.

Personally I believe Keke and D1 did a lot for the music industry in Nigeria and achieved far more than their predecessors, but they made  fundamental business errors by takings matters too personal like the issue of Ruggedman,imitating US rap  labels by thinking it was a war rather than using their then comparative advantage and OGBON AGBA to realise that if they had kept it cool and professional ,they virtually had signed over 90% of Nigerian promising acts and would have still monopolised the Nigerian music industry till date( which would have been a bad  thing for the industry, anyway).

I believe that water finds its level , and it has just done that with Kennis Music.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by dayokanu(m): 1:30am On Jul 26, 2009
Simple Nothing lasts forever.

Where are the Badboy records, Deathrow, Murder inc, SosoDef of those days? Change is the only permanent thing.

Dem suppose still get Kenny st Ogungbe and her sorrowful sounds tongue tongue tongue
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by na2day2(m): 3:30am On Jul 26, 2009
@ post
the Lawd has finally answered my prayer, those blood suckers called Kennis' music has finally come to their knees. by the way they still owe me $30 for that stupid concert they held in D-town, not to talk of the fact that i missed my mavs game for that silly show  angry angry angry angry
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by kstrika(m): 4:52am On Jul 26, 2009
na so eh''
notin de happen''
u don see em''' as tins de now''
i no tink sey my kenny's don wipe
as u see me so'' i no send u oH'
but dat 1 no mean sey i dont give a shit eyo
kenny's up you'
come eelde'' which side you dey self? grin
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by palermo: 7:14am On Jul 26, 2009
Yes, every day is for the thieves. but 1 day is for d owner shocked
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by oyinda3(f): 7:44am On Jul 26, 2009
all i know is that i can't stand those two guys keke and d1. i dunno why. they just irritate me for some reason esp. when they had that show on ait
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by bilqiss(f): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2009
i always found them entertaining and innovative myself, they brought in some glamour to the industry, with their U.S. experience. I never missed their AIT jams show, though pple said they shd respect their age, I commend them for being young at heart and still rocking the show. If you're that age I'm sure you'll still want to be relevant to the industry you love so much, ie music.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by stmanpule(m): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2009
i think they are on break
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by bombsquad(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2009
Kenny and id were pumping tufraud idibia in his yanshhh, he played along with it till he got rich and then he backed out, they tried it with kelly hansome a few months ago but homeboy gave a foolish excuse and ran way from the flat they put him in to an undisclosed location, hasnt returned to kennis ever since, Now they have signed J-one, lets see if he plays along with the yansh pumping game, only time would tell my pple
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by chyk91(m): 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2009
i think they are finally finished.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by brtaiwo(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2009
is it because they fail to sign r that we're asking if it is the end? think of something better he may be right any way time will tell
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by oyinda3(f): 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2009
bilqiss:

i always found them entertaining and innovative myself, they brought in some glamour to the industry, with their U.S. experience. I never missed their AIT jams show, though pple said they shd respect their age, I commend them for being young at heart and still rocking the show. If you're that age I'm sure you'll still want to be relevant to the industry you love so much, ie music.

yea they were quite old and doing the young man's business. i guess you can commend them for that.
i guess it was the accent that ticked me off. i loved the songs though i always watched the show grin
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by tots(m): 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2009
PEOPLE!!! dropping d record label thing i think these BIG BROS'S 've done quite a lot for our music industry.D issue with ruggedy was quite unfortunate but that's past waters.Secondly,i believe KENNIS prunned the artiste's on it's label to one 'cos running a rec label in dis part of the world wit d kind of FIREPOWER these music pirates have it'll only be wise to back out of that part of a rec label.Personal issues apart "PROPS TO KENNIS".
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Remii(m): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2009
Why are we like this? always want to celebrate people's downfall, their is a trend where NL are wishing Otedola and Dangote go broke this one again some would almost through party if Kennis music disappear , why do black people have PHD syndrome, na wa o

I think the guys have done great for the entertainment industry and themselves other show let them be and try to contribute your own quota too, enough of bad belle.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Sparkeez(m): 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2009
Keeeep the talking men
this forum has turn a hip hop history research centre
some of us have been silently reading the history of nigeria hip hop
Eldee thanx alot i thought i was the only one who respect and love nijas greatest stars like Ruggedy Baba and 2shotz

The time would still come when they would no that it is not to rap and yap like mode nine with notin for the street
"wetin u don do except rap that u can lyrically do then hall u name" grin grin
"wetin u don contribute a be u just the constitute nuisance trying to make other mc useless" kiss kiss
Ruggedman is truly i teacher.
infact Nigeria Hip pop 101 Lecturer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by dasa: 2:41am On Jul 27, 2009
what you all should know is that, kennis music label is not the core business. it is like the PR and marketing unit of the business. it made money in the past fine. its not making as much now, but it is still relevant to their business.

we dont know the millions they are making organizing events for big companies, facilitating sponsorship deals, arranging artiste bookings, advertising etc.

that they have gone down on the visible part does not mean it has crashed. i'll use one example. segun arrinze doesnot act any more, but it is now that he is reaping more. he is making alot from advertising. he has done countless tv, radio voiceovers.
the real money is in a silent place.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by toladop(m): 5:52am On Jul 27, 2009
I believe Primetime is not doing bad at all. But as for Kennis music, I think they are a bit down. Me thinks this record label issues shuld be reformed in Nigeria.Which record label is doing well?Everybody has his own.Mo Hits has Dbanj & Wande Coal, d rest are irrelevant in d large picture.Storm Records had loads of departures.Dare,2shots,Jazzman Olofin,Ikechukwu(no official confirmation yet).So, Kennis music is still d best ever label & other playas in d industry still respect dem.Primetime Entertainment, i believe shuld be doing well.I see no reason y some ppl shuld be rejoicing dat Kennis is not dat strong atm.
On the Ruggedman & 9ja hiphop issues.Who is Ruggedman outside Nigeria?Mind u, I'm not saying he is not a gud artiste. I also think wot some ppl here are calling 9ja hiphop is d trend of wot i wuld call 'westernised 9ja music'.
I dont believe rap is running d streets in 9ja yet.How many ppl in d streets(lets say slums) wuld give u rap lines?
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by soulfood(m): 8:12am On Jul 27, 2009
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End?
« #7 on: July 16, 2009, 06:00 PM »

I agree it was Ruggedman that proved that you didn't have to be with Kennis to be big but it was 2shot that showed that you could make money without joing them. 2shot changed the music industry by taking his album directly to the piraters and getting them to sell it instead. T.Joe and all the other big Marketers/distributers were all formed off the back of 2shot's genius and innovative move!

@ice zik.
2shot sold his birthright to pirates for a plate of porridge and you call him genius and innovative. A nigerian music cd used to cost between 700 and 1000 naira in 2001. Thanks to your innovative guy and the likes of charly boy, it now sells for 50 naira at alaba. And you call that genius. Man, That's a high level of shortsightedness. Do you have any idea of how much artistes should me making from sales. Most of them depend on shows and brands to survive. T Joe and co are not doing anything diffrent from what the politicians are doing to Nigerians, looting the artistes treasury and giving them peanuts in return.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2009
soulfood:

Re: Kennis Music-is This The End?
« #7 on: July 16, 2009, 06:00 PM »

I agree it was Ruggedman that proved that you didn't have to be with Kennis to be big but it was 2shot that showed that you could make money without joing them. 2shot changed the music industry by taking his album directly to the piraters and getting them to sell it instead. T.Joe and all the other big Marketers/distributers were all formed off the back of 2shot's genius and innovative move!

@ice zik.
2shot sold his birthright to pirates for a plate of porridge and you call him genius and innovative. A nigerian music cd used to cost between 700 and 1000 naira in 2001. Thanks to your innovative guy and the likes of charly boy, it now sells for 50 naira at alaba. And you call that genius. Man, That's a high level of shortsightedness. Do you have any idea of how much artistes should me making from sales. Most of them depend on shows and brands to survive. T Joe and co are not doing anything diffrent from what the politicians are doing to Nigerians, looting the artistes treasury and giving them peanuts in return.

If 2shot hadn't done that, our artises will still be HUNGRY.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2009
Anyway, I believe Kennis will be back, but not as BIG as they used to be.
Re: Kennis Music-is This The End? by zicoisaac: 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2009
Kudos to kennis Music for promoting my favorite artist " tu face" and Nigeria music as a whole
Tu face is now a big boy, at least he started from somewhere: KENNIS MUSIC
Anyway, kennis group keep up the good work and dont rest on your oar.
NIGERIA MUSIC INDUSTRY HAS GROWN EVEN BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pasuma Wonder Vs Saheed Osupa - Who's Currently D King Of Fuji Music? / What Is The True Meaning Of 'swagga' / M.i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.