Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,976 members, 7,903,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching (2779 Views)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 7:07am On Mar 06, 2016
princy80:
what is the goalpost here?

Goalpost here simply means the criteria for salvation and remission of sins.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by adorablepepple(f): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

Address my concerns and interprete the passage.
Some other time dear. Not today! Church things
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 7:21am On Mar 06, 2016
adorablepepple:

Some other time dear. Not today! Church things

Aiit.
Enjoy the day.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by adorablepepple(f): 7:21am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

There was remission of sins by blood sacrifices done by the high priest.
What else would you regard as salvation, if not the remission of sins and being made wholesome and pure....
This is enshrined in the old testament. Clearly written and explained.

This was what was required to be made right with God as at then. Coming down to the new testament, there comes Jesus and the salvific concept of the cross.

Would you then say there hasn't been a change
You are very confused, it's a pity I can't address this issue now. Maybe later.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 7:22am On Mar 06, 2016
adorablepepple:

You are very confused, it's a pity I can't address this issue now. Maybe later.

I'd await your rebuttal.
cool
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by ministeriallist: 7:39am On Mar 06, 2016
losak9111:
if is tithe and offering na every Sunday music in d church
The purpose of every business is profit. So don't get it twisted, tithe is as important as the church itself grin

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by xendra: 7:42am On Mar 06, 2016
losak9111:
I think they must tell us everything in Bible
no need, since you will find it yourself anyway
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by xendra: 7:49am On Mar 06, 2016
hrhobi1:
After Onan's brother Er dies, his father Judah told him to fulfill his duty to his brother by entering into a levirate marriage with his brother's widow Tamar to give her offspring.

Religion professor Tikva Frymer-Kensky has pointed out the economic repercussions of a levirate marriage: any son born to Tamar would be deemed the heir of the deceased Er, and able to claim the firstborn's double share of inheritance. However, if Er were childless, Onan would have inherited as the oldest
surviving son.[3]

When Onan had sex with Tamar, he withdrew before climax[4] and "spilled his seed [or semen] on the ground", since any child born would not legally be considered his heir.[5] The next statement in the bible says that Onan did evil and that God slew him.[6]

Now, if Onan had rejected the idea of sleeping with his brothers wife initially, I think God wouldn't have been angry at him. But he rather enjoyed the sex and ejaculated on the floor to avoid her getting pregnant. His motive was to enjoy the sex and still remain the surviving Son of their father and thereby inheriting everything for himself.

So he tried to play smart, and got slewed by God. Also remember this happened in the first testament, the book of Genesis to be precise.

Peace be unto you.

HRH OBI 1.
Thank you for explaining oo, assuming he even actually wants to know and not just trying to start an argument
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by losak9111(m): 7:50am On Mar 06, 2016
xendra:
no need, since you will find it yourself anyway
no
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by xendra: 8:00am On Mar 06, 2016
lonelydora:

Same here. I will start taking pastors serious when they start preaching from the book of "Songs of Solomon" and Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 (the passage where they told us other options of spending tithe).
ok I understand d book of deut. cos even i have a problem with the idea dat i have to pay my tithe in church wen i know people who i can help with it, and pastors especially in this country don't help the poor and needy. but wat do you want a pastor to teach you in "church" on "Sunday" from d songs of solomon
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by losak9111(m): 8:05am On Mar 06, 2016
How to toast a lady now, joking!
xendra:
ok I understand d book of deut. cos even i have a problem with the idea dat i have to pay my tithe in church wen i know people who i can help with it, and pastors especially in this country don't help the poor and needy. but wat do you want a pastor to teach you in "church" on "Sunday" from d songs of solomon
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by xendra: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2016
losak9111:
How to toast a lady now, joking!
smiley exactly.

1 Like

Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by myfantasies(f): 9:26am On Mar 06, 2016
Goodyshoes:

I fear that you might have misrepresented me by misunderstanding what I meant by fantastic stories.
Simply put..... The Bible, as much as I regard it as a profound collection of wisdom and deep truths, is very much filled with legends and fantastic(apparently magical) concepts which bemuses the rational mind.

Have you studied in detail the Bible??
I did not misrepresent or misunderstood ur qoute, so no need to fear.... Wat i am saying is that alot of us dat goes to church hardly open more dan two verses
D pastors will quote d chapters of the Bible to dere own favor, nd once d members go home dey just dump d Bible till the following sunday, not minding to explore

There are a lot of things we need to learn about the Bible, i have not studied the Bible in details
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Goodyshoes(m): 9:43am On Mar 06, 2016
myfantasies:
I did not misrepresent or misunderstood ur qoute, so no need to fear.... Wat i am saying is that alot of us dat goes to church hardly open more dan two verses
D pastors will quote d chapters of the Bible to dere own favor, nd once d members go home dey just dump d Bible till the following sunday, not minding to explore

There are a lot of things we need to learn about the Bible, i have not studied the Bible in details

Aptly written....
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Brown47: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2016
hrhobi1:
After Onan's brother Er dies, his father Judah told him to fulfill his duty to his brother by entering into a levirate marriage with his brother's widow Tamar to give her offspring.

Religion professor Tikva Frymer-Kensky has pointed out the economic repercussions of a levirate marriage: any son born to Tamar would be deemed the heir of the deceased Er, and able to claim the firstborn's double share of inheritance. However, if Er were childless, Onan would have inherited as the oldest
surviving son.[3]

When Onan had sex with Tamar, he withdrew before climax[4] and "spilled his seed [or semen] on the ground", since any child born would not legally be considered his heir.[5] The next statement in the bible says that Onan did evil and that God slew him.[6]

Now, if Onan had rejected the idea of sleeping with his brothers wife initially, I think God wouldn't have been angry at him. But he rather enjoyed the sex and ejaculated on the floor to avoid her getting pregnant. His motive was to enjoy the sex and still remain the surviving Son of their father and thereby inheriting everything for himself.

So he tried to play smart, and got slewed by God. Also remember this happened in the first testament, the book of Genesis to be precise.

Peace be unto you.

HRH OBI 1.

An omniscient god didn't know what Onan will do later?. If he knows, but still went ahead to continue with this absurd programmed idiocity.
Re: No Pastor Will Tell U This On Sunday During Preaching by Brown47: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2016
hrhobi1:

surviving son.[3]

Peace be unto you.

HRH OBI 1.

An omniscience god didn't know what what Onan will later do? If he knows, but still went ahead to carry out this programmed idiotic display?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Suspends His Nephew For Endorsing Bola Tinubu / Who Is The Messiah? / How Do You See This? Pastor Oyedepo's Wife Kneeling Down To Greet Pastor Adeboye

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.