Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:29 AM

Confession: How I Spent Two Days With Terrorists – OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confession: How I Spent Two Days With Terrorists – OBJ (783 Views)

I Spent Two Hours,10 Minutes Talking To Nnamdi Kanu At Kuje Prison - Kalu / Obasanjo: I Spent Two Days With Taliban Terrorists / Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Confession: How I Spent Two Days With Terrorists – OBJ by Bengist247(m): 6:56am On Mar 06, 2016
Ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo, who turns 79 on March 5, has revealed how he spent two days with some members of Taliban sect.

Former president stated that seeking the best solution to the issue of world insecurity forced him to do this.

Obasanjo was speaking at the 2016 national summit and 4th international colloquium organised by the Centre for Human Security at the sidelines of his birthday programme.

The politician lamented the spread of the insurgency saying that the situation would have been under control if religious leaders had not failed in their responsibility of instilling the right values into their followers.

He said: “I went to Syria when I was president of Nigeria. One of the places I was taken to was a refugee camp where those refugees have been since 1948, nothing has been done to them. How do you want their children to think?

“In Norway, I met some members of the Taliban. We spent two days together. They are in the second echelon of the leadership, I was told the top ones will not come out and when we listened to them, we are bound to say yes, they can get something better than they were getting.
http://www.bengist247.com/2016/03/how-i-spent-two-days-with-terrorists-obj.html?m=0

Re: Confession: How I Spent Two Days With Terrorists – OBJ by tyson99(m): 7:02am On Mar 06, 2016
Well......
Re: Confession: How I Spent Two Days With Terrorists – OBJ by trendphemmy(m): 7:03am On Mar 06, 2016
the world can't satisfy everyone
Re: Confession: How I Spent Two Days With Terrorists – OBJ by djraymy(m): 7:23am On Mar 06, 2016
oya baba come negotiate with boko boys
Re: Confession: How I Spent Two Days With Terrorists – OBJ by Mynd44: 7:28am On Mar 06, 2016

(1)

For Only Sane Nairalanders: Drop The Hate / Race For The White House: Imagine America Elects Donald Trump As Its President. / 69 Year Old Herbalist Who Marries 18-year-old As 57th Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.