Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,713 members, 7,962,297 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

Catholic Bishop Commends Army On Insurgency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Bishop Commends Army On Insurgency (432 Views)

PDP Commends Army For Chibok Girl Rescue, Criticises APC / Group Says Boko Haram Latest Video Authentic, Commends Army’s Onslaught / I Will Sue The Nigerian Army On Behalf Of Man Beaten By Cadets - John Baptist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Bishop Commends Army On Insurgency by holymike47(m): 9:50am On Mar 06, 2016
The Catholic Bishop of Maiduguri, Rt. Rev. Oliver Dashe, has commended the Nigerian Armed Forces for their courage and crushing the Boko Haram insurgents in the North-East.

The Bishop gave the commendation on Saturday in Maiduguri, during a courtesy visit to Brig. Gen. Victor Ezugwu, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 7 Division Nigerian Army.

A statement signed by Col. Mustapha Anka, spokesman of the Division, Dashe noted that the people of area had lost many souls due to the insurgency.

He said the activities of the Boko Haram insurgents had resulted in wanton destruction of lives and property, as well as disruption of socio-economic lives of millions of Nigerians.

The Catholic bishop praised the gallantry of the military for liberating the communities and urged them not to relent in their efforts until peace returns to Borno known as ‘Home of Peace.’

He commended the Army for their professional conduct, saying that their success was as a result of team work and the spirit of togetherness as well as their well coordinated joint effort.

Responding, Ezugwu thanked the bishop for his kindness and prayers, noting that his fatherly prayers have played a noble role in huge successes recorded by the Army.

In a related development, the GOC also received a team of British Army led by Col. Brown.

According to the statement, the visit by British Army was to broaden relationship and re-energise the bilateral cooperation between Nigeria and Britain.

Brown reiterated the willingness of Britain to help Nigeria in the fight against terrorism.

The GOC commended the British Government for its assistance, noting that the Nigerian Armed Forces had enjoyed training and retraining of its personnel for capacity building to crush the Boko Haram insurgents.

Ezugwu stated that the Division is succeeding in the clearance operation in order to make North East and Nigeria secured.

http://www.nairapress.com/2016/03/06/catholic-bishop-commends-army-on-insurgency/

Re: Catholic Bishop Commends Army On Insurgency by tsephanyah(f): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2016
Doozy, yer may God protects them, those who do it for money and if, if there patriotic are ones, I pray they should get sense and be as the first one I mentioned. u may think I'm ipad, or iPod. but I'm inote, believe u me, I don't just believe in one Nigeria, and I'm pessimistic about this country, SW and North will not like my comment,, I don't want u to, I will not get single penny even if u did. so is the angles, I'm exploring that's tells me Nigeria is better off........no nigeria...if u are patriotic, so am I, let's just bury unity and diversity,,,and have our way....
Re: Catholic Bishop Commends Army On Insurgency by JOACHINpedro: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2016
kiss more bullets to their SHOT GUNS,UZI and AK-47.5

(1) (Reply)

Ipob To Buhari : Biafra Won't Tolerate Nigeria . / Kachikwu – We Have Not Unbundled NNPC / Darkness Looming, Temperature Rising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.