Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,088 members, 7,887,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

Why Do Pastors Refrain From Publicly Speaking Against Homosexuality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Refrain From Publicly Speaking Against Homosexuality (379 Views)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pastors Refrain From Publicly Speaking Against Homosexuality by Poliporpor(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Jesus openly taught the word of God and for that he was killed. But, I am so surprised that pastors refrain from speaking out openly on issues that have gained global controversy, like homosexuality. The church used to be the only place where truth was told, but today I wonder what i see. We as Christians would want to hear it from people who we look up to on some issues. Abeg make una help me, Why is it very difficult for pastors to openly air their viewpoints on these issues as they claim their faiths are based on the Scriptures?
Lalasticlala abeg do the needful.
Re: Why Do Pastors Refrain From Publicly Speaking Against Homosexuality by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
Because they are concerned about the size of their congregation and not the quality of the gospel
Re: Why Do Pastors Refrain From Publicly Speaking Against Homosexuality by zzzzy: 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2016
Not all pastors.
Re: Why Do Pastors Refrain From Publicly Speaking Against Homosexuality by AnodaIT(m): 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
Because it is a non issue.
True Pastors should be concerned with grooming Christians in the word and salvation for unbelievers, not engaging in perceived "controversies".
For your info, there is nothing controversial about homo, it is clearly spelt out in the bible, anyone making controversial argument with it is not worth the time
Re: Why Do Pastors Refrain From Publicly Speaking Against Homosexuality by onetrack(m): 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
Adultery doesn't seem to get much attention either. Or keeping the Sabbath holy. Or coveting your neighbor's goods or wife....

(1) (Reply)

Please Educate Me.. / Are You In Christ? / We Are To Reign On Earth With Jesus Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.