Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:43 PM

Is It Right To Greet People This Way? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Right To Greet People This Way? (1325 Views)

Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down / Ukwuani People, This Is For You / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by Barney11: 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hello everyone,I have a lil problem I regret every time it happens.i always greet people first especially the ones am older than,and where I come from they take good morning and others as a big deal,I meant the first to greet,and I'm always a victim cos it is because of the way I was brought up.the first thing you tell a person is to greet and I want to change that cos I can see that my bro-IN-Law I'm 2yr old older is seeing it as a huge respect and results to telling me 'sup,how far and the rest' anytime we speak,even when we see face to face when we visit he does not greet me,he just walk pass or talk straight without any greeting though we are not quarreling.i kinda find it weird,I have told him Buh he just ignored me Buh I think he does it to all his family and he is mummy's boy.sorry for the long post.pls what should I do?
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by phlame(m): 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
Barney11:
Hello everyone,I have a lil problem I regret every time it happens.i always greet people first especially the ones am older than,and where I come from they take good morning and others as a big deal,I meant the first to greet,and I'm always a victim cos it is because of the way I was brought up.the first thing you tell a person is to greet and I want to change that cos I can see that my bro-IN-Law I'm 2yr old older is seeing it as a huge respect and results to telling me 'sup,how far and the rest' anytime we speak,even when we see face to face when we visit he does not greet me,he just walk pass or talk straight without any greeting though we are not quarreling.i kinda find it weird,I have told him Buh he just ignored me Buh I think he does it to all his family and he is mummy's boy.sorry for the long post.pls what should I do?

undecided
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by Barney11: 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2016
phlame:

undecided
So what does that mean pls?
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 08, 2016
Greet only the people who appreciate it and leave the rest. It's the effect of Western civilization on culture. People don't value each other any more.
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by Barney11: 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
Thanks alot
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by TheArchangel(f): 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
Barney11:
Thanks alot
He even asked what's up?
Women and problem are like Siamese twins.
A good morning you didn't mean which is obviously obligatory and a heartfelt "how far....".
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by Barney11: 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
TheArchangel:
He even asked what's up?
Women and problem are like Siamese twins.
A good morning you didn't mean which is obviously obligatory and a heartfelt "how far....".
I don't think how far is goodmorning.
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by TheArchangel(f): 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
Barney11:

I don't think how far is goodmorning.
It may be to him so get use to it. You are only two years older than him and a man for that matter.
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by Barney11: 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
TheArchangel:
It may be to him so get use to it. You are only two years older than him and a man for that matter.
Buh is two years not a big gap?
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by TheArchangel(f): 5:08am On Mar 11, 2016
Barney11:

Buh is two years not a big gap?
NO it is not. It is a mere number. Five years or more and I would've been whooping his arse here for you.
Re: Is It Right To Greet People This Way? by Barney11: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

How I Make My Nigerian Egusi Soup / Exclusive Pictures | Why Katsina Sallah (eid Kabir) Durbar Is Best / Cardinal Rex Lawson: Passions And Pains In Nigeria --Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.