Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,343 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:59 AM

Olubadan: 10 Facts About Oba Saliu Adetunji - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Olubadan: 10 Facts About Oba Saliu Adetunji (1424 Views)

Top 10 Facts You Didn't Know About South America / List 5 Weird Facts About You / 10 Facts About Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olubadan: 10 Facts About Oba Saliu Adetunji by ROYH(m): 11:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
The coronation of Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji (Aje Ogunguniso I) as the new Olubadan of Ibadanland is referred to as the best by many indigenes of Ibadan. The event which held on Friday, 4th March 2016 at Mapo, Ibadan was attended by governors, past governors, president representative, high profile politicians, kings from different parts of Nigeria and many other dignitaries. Many musicians including K1 De Ultimate performed at the event.
Below are ten things (facts) you need to know about him.

1. He was Born on August 26, 1928 to the family of Raji Olayiwola and Suwebat Amope Adetunji in the Alusekere compound, Popoyemoja, Ibadan.
2. He and his brother (Ambali Adetunji) who is 76 years old are the surviving ones among the four children of his mother.
3. He is the eldest of his father’s 17 children.
4. He was a tailor before he veered into marketing of records through late Badejo Okunsaya.
5. He established Babalaje Records at Agarawu, Lagos in 1960. The label marketed Tala 84 and Tala 85 that brought K1 De Ultimate into limelight.
6. He became Mogaji of Alusekere Compound, Popoyemoja, Ibadan in 1976 but he became Jagun Balogun (the first step in his line) in 1978.
7. He became Olubadan through the military (Balogun) line.
8. He is the first Olubadan that received staff of office from an indigene of Ibadan (Ibadan indigene as Oyo state governor).
9. He is the 41st Olubadan of Ibadanland.
10. He has two wives: Olori Kudirat Molade and Olori Rashidat Ololade. Although he has married Alhaja Rafatu and Alhaja Olanrewaju before them, they have passed on.
The steps to the throne for civil (Baale) and military (Balogun) lines are:
1. Otun Olubadan/Balogun of Ibadanland
2. Osi Olubadan/Otun Balogun
3. Ashipa Olubadan/Osi Balogun
4. Ekerin Olubadan/Ashipa Balogun
5. Ekarun-un Olubadan/Ekerin Balogun
6. Abese Olubadan/Ekarun-un Balogun
7. Maye Olubadan/Abese Balogun
8. Ekefa Olubadan/Maye Balogun
9. Agbaakin Olubadan/Ekefa Balogun
10. Aare Alaasa Olubadan/Agbaakin Balogun
11. Ikolaba Olubadan/Aare Alasa Balogun
12. Asaju Olubadan/Ikolaba Balogun
13. Ayingun Olubadan/Asaju Balogun
14. Aare-Ago Olubadan/Ayingun Balogun
15. Laguna Olubadan/Aare-Ago Balogun
16. Oota Olubadan/Laguna Balogun
17. Aregbe-Omo Olubadan/Oota Balogun
18. Gbonkaa Olubadan/Aregbe-Omo Balogun
19. Aare-Onibon Olubadan/Gbonkaa Balogun
20. Bada Olubadan/Aare Onibon Balogun
21. Ajia Olubadan/Bada Balogun
22. Jagun Olubadan/Ajia Balogun
23. Jagun Balogun (balogun line only).
Longlive king!
Longlive Ibadan!
Longlive Oyo state!
Longlive Nigeria!

Xtracted @ http://www.hub201.com/olubadan-10-facts-about-oba-saliu-adetunji/#.VtypdF2t-o8
Re: Olubadan: 10 Facts About Oba Saliu Adetunji by afoobabs(m): 11:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ibadan n le oluyole omo ajegbintan fikarahun forin mu ibadan majamaja tan fi ka ra wa ju leru ibadan omo ajorosun ibi ogun ti bere nan pe n bere ibi ogun parisi ni won pe logunpa. ibadan mesi ogo ibadan ti o le e soro ojulonro aiwaye a ma larun kan sanwo ode toyo ma sose ni teko ija igboro larun ibadan. Hw i wish i know it in full.
Re: Olubadan: 10 Facts About Oba Saliu Adetunji by akinalabi(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2016
Great Ibadan information
Re: Olubadan: 10 Facts About Oba Saliu Adetunji by ClassCaptain(m): 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
akinalabi:
Great Ibadan information

sir, i hereby tender myself to be made a nairabet ambassador

I have a wide range of benefits to offer the company.... A quick check on my profile shld guarantee credibility

and if its music

https://my.notjustok.com/track/18462

good,mature music for all and sundry...

(1) (Reply)

Win Cash In Fun Giveaway / Apply Now! 2016/2017 Agip Scholarships In Nigeria And Overseas / Is Wizkid Good In Bed Or The Ladies Man? See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.