Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,151 members, 7,890,886 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:04 PM

‘I Need Divine Intervention To Stop Drug Trafficking’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘I Need Divine Intervention To Stop Drug Trafficking’ (822 Views)

Ex-lawmaker Gets Seven-year Jail For Drug Trafficking / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) / Malaysia Sentence Nigerian Female Student To Death For Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Need Divine Intervention To Stop Drug Trafficking’ by Recognise: 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2009
- Now we know why most molue/commuter/truck drivers recklessly drive like bats flying out of hell . . .

[size=16pt]‘I need divine intervention to stop drug trafficking’[/size]

IT is only God that can separate me from drug trafficking” that was Malami Umar, 42, an unrepentant drug trafficker as he was being bundled into the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency cells in Minna recently. Malami Umar was first arrested for drug trafficking on July 11, 2007 with a total seizure of 13.1 kilogrammes of the hard drugs.

According to findings, he was arraigned before the Federal High Court in Minna, where the presiding judge sentenced him to one year imprisonment or N70,000 fine. Crime and Security file learnt that Umar was able to pay the fine and was subsequently released only for him to return to the drug trade.

Exactly two years after his first sentence, Umar who had been on the watch list of the NDLEA fell into the trap of the agency and was re-arrested on July 3, 2009 this time with 5.8 kilogramme of cannabis sativa otherwise called Indian hemp.

After his arrest, he reportedly told operatives of the agency that they were only wasting their time as he would soon return to the trade no matter how long he was kept away.

According to the operatives, Umar said he had no other business that he could fall back on adding that at over 40 years of age, he could not start learning other trades.
Mr Haruna Kwetishe State Commander of the NDLEA, who confirmed the arrest of Umar, described him as “an unrepentant drug trafficker who should be kept away from the rest of the society so that he will not transfer his bad habits to the young ones,” Kweatishe said that the suspect would be charged to court soon and that the agency would seek for maximum punishment for him so that he would not return as early as he would wish.

Two divorcees, Aishetu Shehu 42 years and Maina Gado were also arrested at Soba village in the Mashegu Local Government Area of the state for trafficking in hard drugs.

Aishetu Shehu was arrested with 600 grammes of Indian hemp and 100 grammes of diazepam while Maina Gado was picked with 250 grammes of India hemp and 100 grammes of diazepam. Aishetu claimed that it was her former husband that left the hard drugs in her house before they separated, whereas the divorce took place almost two years ago.

As for Maina Gado, an unidentified man gave the N7,000 worth of drugs to sell at N20 a wrap and had sold almost half the consignment before her arrest. Apart from being food vendors, NDLEA operatives said the divorcees were selling the hard drugs to trailer drivers plying the ever busy Mashegu Kontagora highway. The state commander of the NDLEA, Mr. Kwetishe, said the duo would be charged to court soon.

for SOURCE:Click here
Re: ‘I Need Divine Intervention To Stop Drug Trafficking’ by Tudor6(f): 1:01am On Jul 17, 2009
With the killer pot-holes and trigger happy policemen on the roads add to that mix ruthless armed robbers, one needs hard drugs to muster enough courage to survive.
Re: ‘I Need Divine Intervention To Stop Drug Trafficking’ by Tudor6(f): 1:01am On Jul 17, 2009
With the killer pot-holes and trigger happy policemen on the roads add to that mix ruthless armed robbers, one needs hard drugs to muster enough courage to survive.
Re: ‘I Need Divine Intervention To Stop Drug Trafficking’ by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2009
at least he's being honest.

Others are the same way but they pretend they're revolutionaries.

(1) (Reply)

Man Sentenced To Prison For One Month Or An Option Of A Fine For Allegedly Steal / It’s God’s Favour’ —says Teenager Who Leads Older Robbery Gang Members / Winnaira.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.