Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,808 members, 7,915,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 08:22 PM

Abortion Laws And Its Evil - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abortion Laws And Its Evil (556 Views)

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / Girlfriend Of Anambra Politician Gives Birth After Considering Abortion. Photos / Married Mother Of 8 Dies From Abortion Complications, Boyfriend Impregnated Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abortion Laws And Its Evil by PrivateInvestig: 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
NIGERIA. Criminal Code Act.

228. Any person who, with intent to procure miscarriage of a woman whether she is or is not with child, unlawfully administers to her or causes her to take any poison or other noxious thing, or uses any force of any kind, or uses any other means whatever, is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years.

229. Any woman who, with intent to procure her own miscarriage, whether she is or is not with child, unlawfully administers to herself any poison or other noxious thing, or uses any force of any kind, or uses any other means whatever, or permits any such thing or means to be administered or used to her, is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for seven years.

230. Any person who unlawfully supplies to or procures for any person any thing whatever, knowing that it is intended to be unlawfully used to procure the miscarriage of a woman, whether she is or is not with child, is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years.

The above are the laws in Nigeria guarding against abortion and its punishment for involving in the act, abortion here in Nigeria is iilegal and seen as a crime against humanity, i share same thought, well, until now. If Nigeria must win most of the wars it has surrounded itself with, the punitive laws against abortion should be relaxed. In recent times, the Nigerian Army under the leader of COAS, General Buratai released thousands of female hostages from the shackles of Boko haram, and guess what, majority of them were already in the family way, inpregnated by these blood suckers called boko haram, thank God for NEMA officials who have always stood by them for safe delivery of the babies, but one question is, is it really worth all the stress, a woman forcefully raped under terrible conditions, now rescued by the army, forced to keep the pregnancy of a man who murdered her father, destroy her village and used her as a sex slave. Come on, that's not palatable, in the next few decades, these children, most of them may experience some psychological disturbance which may create unrest for the country at that time. Have you ever visited the internally displaced persons camp(IDPs), if no, please try to pay a visit someday, see the condition they live in, the food they eat etc. you will then agree with me that such isn't fair an environment to bring up a new-born.

The abortion criminal act should be revisited, fellow African counties like Tunisia, South-Africa, even Mozambique has legalied abortion under certain circumstances, and instead of our self acclaimed distinguisged senators talking aloof about marrying "made in Nigeria women" let the abortion laws be revisited, i know what may be running through your mind now will be 'the children are innocent' abortion is a sin' abortion is bad' etc. But shockingly, the problem being experienced today in North-east Nigeria is as a result of failed parentage, poverty and illiteracy, too bad the country don't know whats in for it. There are millions of women in the IDPs carrying the babies of the insurgents, most of them don't want to keep it, but because of the stringent laws against abortion, the have left with no choice, recently i came across a photo on the internet where an internally displaced person put to birth, she looked so sad, i bet the child reminded her of the torture she went through in the hand of her captor, his father. Ese Oruru abducted by Yinusa is just fourteen years old, and she is pregnant, now she has to keep it. Well, it is often said we all look but see differently,i stand for the legalisation of abortion in Nigeria under certain circumstances. The Government could pass a law which gives right to only Government owned hospitals to conduct abortions, pregnant victims from rape, war, kidnap and other illegal vice should have a say on whether to keep the pregnancy or not. Believe this will go a long way in helping us over some situations beyond our control. The punitive measures curbing abortion in Nigeria should be relaxed, instead, certain clause should be introduced,so as to save the future today.

Re: Abortion Laws And Its Evil by buchi4action(m): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
angry mmmmm, killing of the innocent unborn is a crime against God and humanity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Dad,are You Scared? / Let's Play Bucket List. Put An X If You Have Done It - It's Fun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.