Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:37 AM

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin (23155 Views)

Pastor David Ekwueme Celebrates Wife Who Agreed To Marry Him When He Had Nothing / Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Reference(m): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2016
lamideee:
My child of cos,not wit the way men are promiscuous these days. Laye hubby,ko jo

Hmmmm......understand your sufferings as a result of your poor choices. That's why I will always advocate women especially to develop themselves before thinking about relationships with men. Elevate your thinking.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by otolinedebby(f): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2016
My husband, cus I trust him for manage n handle finance n others properties responsibly.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by techJ: 8:41am On Mar 08, 2016
My wife is always my next of kin because no matter what happens, she's protected by that and she'll definitely protect her (our) children.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by babyfaceafrica: 8:43am On Mar 08, 2016
itsdavido:
hi guys, pls be informed that next of kin is different from a beneficiary of a deceased estate. the role of a next of kin is to contact and get more information about the principal person in the event of any occurrence. in my current office, my next of kin is different from my beneficiary cos they are two different thing.
you are right,but to avoid story that touches the heart....I will fill the same person for bothand it aint goin to be my wife...could be two different children,could be the same child,as the spirit leads!!
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by babyfaceafrica: 8:45am On Mar 08, 2016
luvbeloved:
It's my first child Naaa but since she's still a kid....i used her mum's number as her number when filling forms...if I die now the woman go remarry sharp sharp o!...am not dying anytime soon thou
lolz
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by chemistry101: 8:46am On Mar 08, 2016
lolaluv1:
There is a case going on now, where the late guy's entitlements are being dragged by the wife, the brother and the dad. All because the guy used his brother as his next of kin and he didn't update his information after getting married.

The late guy's child who he didn't even get to see has been left in the cold. And the more they tussle, the harder it is accessing the cash. So the wife and kid are really not finding it easy.

I would suggest either wife or child be used as next of kin....
Did the late guy used is brother as next of kin in an ONLINE registration or he met a lawyer?
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by globatop: 8:47am On Mar 08, 2016
It is the wisest thing to use one spouse as next of kin, but the infidelity world make one to think twice. All the same, my spouse is my next of kin.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Pavore9: 8:48am On Mar 08, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
that's true,and they were killed by their wives

Even when a man dies from the effects of his unwholesome lifestyle, he was killed by the wife, when a wife dies, she was killed by........?

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by babyfaceafrica: 8:53am On Mar 08, 2016
Pavore9:

Even when a man dies from the effects of his unwholesome lifestyle, he was killed by the wife, when a wife dies, she was killed by........?

her unwholesome lifestyle...two can play the game
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Stanbeto: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2016
#MyWife
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by soonest(f): 8:55am On Mar 08, 2016
I'm my husband's next of kin but my first son is my next of kin
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Pavore9: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
her unwholesome lifestyle...two can play the game

So let us stick to real cause of death than accusing someone who may have no hand in the death.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 08, 2016
PresVA:
All these people saying my child, hope they know an underaged can't access the money? It will still fall back on your spouse. .

My husband is my next of kin.. will only use my children when I'm sharing my assets; probably when they're grown and me & husband are old...

Also, if anything happens to me today, my husband is the best person to handle my money responsibly... what does a kid know?

my kid with my wife as guardian untill they come of age

my beneficiary strictly my kids....
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by martineinstein(m): 8:56am On Mar 08, 2016
It depends on the kind of people that surrounds u... Be it husband, wife, brothers , sisters and parents... If u don't trust your spouse, make your parents your next is kins.. If she already have children for u, make her your next of kin, since your children are also hers... Do not make your sisters/brothers your next of kin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by babyfaceafrica: 8:57am On Mar 08, 2016
Pavore9:

So let us stick to real cause of death than accusing someone who may have no hand in the death.
noted...for me ..kids before spousem..when I mean kids...I mean useful kids...not all this telemundo kids
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by swaggprofessor(m): 8:58am On Mar 08, 2016
onoslove:
Was listening to this programme on air on Saturday. And so many callers called in naming who their next of kin will be with reasons .And there was this hated argument in the circle where I was on who to make your next of kin. This is a very good topical issue, and I decided to bring it to Nairaland, so that we can debate and also get to learn who our next of kin should be with very valid reasons. Will appreciate if the Mod can push it to front page so that this topic can get a wide view.
My wife with a condition that she hands over everything to my child one's he has come of age.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by ojuolu(m): 9:03am On Mar 08, 2016
onoslove:
Was listening to this programme on air on Saturday. And so many callers called in naming who their next of kin will be with reasons .And there was this hated argument in the circle where I was on who to make your next of kin. This is a very good topical issue, and I decided to bring it to Nairaland, so that we can debate and also get to learn who our next of kin should be with very valid reasons. Will appreciate if the Mod can push it to front page so that this topic can get a wide view.
My wife is my next of kin.
And our first son is her next of kin.
We are both his legal guardian.
The reason behind this arrangement is this. I am a man, statistics have it that our life expectancy is shorter compared to that of the opposite sex. My thinking is that if i pass on at anytime, she would be able to take care of the home. If we both pass on Our son will be the next of Kin by default because the direct next of kin for me is no more. If she pass on, my son is her next of kin and i am still the legal guardian. In any case, my prayer is to go before her, albeit in old age, fully ripe... grin.
So there is no controversy. I love her and i believe she will be responsible enough to take care of things after me. She also love her kids so much that i know she will protect them with the last drop of her blood.
My position may look somehow, but that is the structure that i want and is now in place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Pavore9: 9:06am On Mar 08, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
noted...for me ..kids before spousem..when I mean kids...I mean useful kids...not all this telemundo kids

We all have our realities, so everyone is free to make their choice based on them.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by 2goodbobo(m): 9:12am On Mar 08, 2016
Straight up.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Evidence1000(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2016
Timoleon:
my side chick undecided
Lmao! Wetin person no go see for nairaland?
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 08, 2016
eyinjuege:
If anyone is going to make an underaged child next of kin, he or she had better appoint a guardian for such a child. In short, someone you trust has to manage your estate or money for the child.

That's what an attorney is for. I engage, and use one.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Johnrake69: 9:18am On Mar 08, 2016
repogirl:
I am my husbands next of kin, my first daughter is mine, her younger brother is hers and his younger sister is his.

That was how my father planned ours also. Dad> mom>me>younger sis> etc.

Your next of kin is not your beneficiary. Most people confuse the two. Working in financial services really made it clear for me. Your next of kin should be the person to reachout to in your absence. Your next of kin cant gain access to your bank account or investment without a will or letter of administration from the probate office. And its advisable that young adults make their parants or an elderly relation their next of kin And not their sibling.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 08, 2016
Wen i get married am gonna make my hobby my next of kin and my reasons are simply for those who say men can't be trusted.

1) I will marry sum1 i will make my BESTFRIEND.

2) my husband will knw EVERYTHING abt me jst as i will knw all abt him.

3) total submission and love.

For these reasons i can make my husband anything, including my NEXT OF KIN.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Evidence1000(m): 9:25am On Mar 08, 2016
soonest:
I'm my husband's next of kin but my first son is my next of kin
Should I say that you do not trust your husband?
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by senatorken01(m): 9:26am On Mar 08, 2016
All of you saying my first child, what of if your first child is wayward or a spoilt brat or having a non challant attitude. Let's think with our brain not our heart.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Johnrake69: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2016
ojuolu:

My wife is my next of kin.
And our first son is her next of kin.
We are both his legal guardian.
The reason behind this arrangement is this. I am a man, statistics have it that our life expectancy is shorter compared to that of the opposite sex. My thinking is that if i pass on at anytime, she would be able to take care of the home. If we both pass on Our son will be the next of Kin by default because the direct next of kin for me is no more. If she pass on, my son is her next of kin and i am still the legal guardian. In any case, my prayer is to go before her, albeit in old age, fully ripe... grin.
So there is no controversy. I love her and i believe she will be responsible enough to take care of things after me. She also love her kids so much that i know she will protect them with the last drop of her blood.
My position may look somehow, but that is the structure that i want and is now in place.

My brother just make a will. Cos your next of kin cant have access to your estate without a will or letter of administration from the probate office. And going through probate means the government will own a significant portion of your estate And not to talk of the stress your family will go through.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2016
BigElEddy:

You want his wife to kill him abi?
Why are women always asking to be next o kin like they are very sure the man will die first
BigElEddy..it swings both ways + you don't go about announcing who your next of kin is... the part of killing is an exclusive reserve for those that jump into marriage and marry for all the wrong reasons... persons who leave good women to marry Jezebels
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2016
Siena:

Excuse me?! The question here is clear - who would I make my next of kin, and responded - my first child.

I would respectfully ask YOU to make YOUR own choice, without questioning MINE.
sure, by all means have it your way + your submission is subject to questioning as your initial input is in public domain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by ojuolu(m): 9:33am On Mar 08, 2016
Johnrake69:

My brother just make a will. Cos your next of kin cant have access to your estate without a will or letter of administration from the probate office. And going through probate means the government will own a significant portion of your estate And not to talk of the stress your family will go through.
Ok. I really don't have the luxury of a will for now. All investments are jointly own. Properties are in both names. But i think i will go will the advice soonest. I really don't want them to have any issue while i am gone.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by ThreeGEEKS(m): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2016
Why for God's sake will anybody use a child as a next of kin. Have you people forgotten so soon the story of the prodigal son? I just wonder how you expect a child to manage an empire or an estate. Why not make it an adult like your spouse? SMH

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by freecocoa(f): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2016
My husband( if /when I get married) but if not, my elder sister.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2016
NewSheriff:
It's only proper to do so. Should anything happen, my child has to have legal rights to my properties. I expect my wife also to make our first child her next of kin. Not me.

Why should he make his wife his next of kin? How does him making his son his next of kin portray him as a heartless and irresponsible father?
nobody referred to him as heartless or irresponsible...a handful of good men have done what he's asserted leaving a lacuna for in-laws to question the legitimacy of kids the man and his wife may have had all in th bid to disinherit the kids especially if they are minors. You get my drift?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? / I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day / 9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.