Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,835 members, 7,886,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? (1085 Views)

The Many Troubles Of Femi Thomas- Ex-nhis Boss...efcc Declares Him Wanted / Caroline Danjuma’s Shocking Response To Marital Troubles! / Ndlea And Her Many Troubles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by Meredith(f): 5:42am On Nov 06, 2006
My boyfriend lives in nigeria and i live in america and I've been calling him for the past 2 years with no problems, but then for the last 2 weeks everytime I call, it wont go through, i'm just getting this beeping that is like a busy signal only a little faster. I've also tried calling 2 of his siblings and some of his friends and I get the same beeping when I call their phones too. Is anyone else trying to call abroad having this problem? Or know what it is? Help me!
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by Bhola(f): 5:53am On Nov 06, 2006
I have not had the same problem sha. Hmmm, wonder what's happening then.

Is it happening too when he tries to call? That way you know if it's your connection.

All the best.
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by Meredith(f): 8:14am On Nov 06, 2006
I don't know, I haven't gotten any calls from him
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by Bhola(f): 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2006
Hmmm, ok. Don't know what to say again then.

I guess you can use other means of communicating. E-mails, chatting. Maybe there is a logical explanation to all these.

All the best girl.

P.S: I have been in the same situation before. Maybe not directly the same, but similar.
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by Meredith(f): 12:49am On Nov 07, 2006
yeah, it is very strange. both of his email accounts are full cuz he hasn't been online in so long, so i can't email him. letters take at least 2 weeks to get to him, im getting desperate find out what's going on! its so frustrating.

So what was your situation like?

by the way, where in the u.s. do u live?
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by Bhola(f): 12:55am On Nov 07, 2006
Communication wahala. Long distance stuff. It gets really frustrating. Me, I had my bf's password, so I could know when he got my mails, whether he had read it and stuff like that.

But not to put my nose in other people's problem, it seems one sided. I don't know your story and I aint trying to analyze it.

I hope this gets settled out sooner than later. Maybe you can find someone going to Nigeria and have them send it in. Other options, have you tried calling someone else in Nigeria and having them try out his number? It might just be an international wahala. I just called Nigeria today. Infact, I call Nigeria everyday. Also, try sending him a text.

I work in North Dakota, but my permanent address is Dallas, Texas.

All the best.
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by Meredith(f): 6:25am On Nov 07, 2006
i've tried calling other numbers in nigeria, but i get the same beeping noise. i can't figure this out, its so strange.
do u call nigeria on a cell phone? if so, what carrier do you use, cuz mine wont let me call internationally so i use the long line at my house. hey, just a question and if you dont want to its fine of course, but if i gave you his number would you call it just to see if it works for you?
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by kitaun(m): 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2006
Hmmm! Bhola, me i no dey o!
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by kitaun(m): 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2006
Hmmm! Bhola, me i no dey o!
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by Bhola(f): 11:16pm On Nov 07, 2006
Most definitely, Meredith, I'll be glad to help. At least, give you a peace of mind. Believe me, I can relate. My email is beesee12@yahoo.com.

Kitaun, no worries. Nothing fit happen. Just a sista helping anoda sista out. Isn't that what we are supposed to do?
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by kitaun(m): 1:31am On Nov 08, 2006
Anyways i trust u sha, but no corrupt hin mind about hìn bobo o!
Re: International Call Troubles: Anyone Know? by Meredith(f): 3:46am On Nov 08, 2006
bhola, thank you so so much for your help! i hope you get through, tell him to give me a call please!

(1) (Reply)

Your Most Embarrassed Moment In Life / Why Were U Banned? / Edo Chief Judge Slumps, Dies In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.