Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,122 members, 7,890,751 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Cleandesktop Full Version Open Source Released - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Cleandesktop Full Version Open Source Released (2755 Views)

. / My New C# Open Source App Prevents Laptop Background Data Consumption On Windows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cleandesktop Full Version Open Source Released by larisoft: 10:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Full version of CleanDesktop is ready now.
This app, which simply keeps your desktop free of cluttering files, by moving every file to its appropriate folder (e.g. ".jpg" files on your desktop will always be moved to pictures folder "wink has the following features:

1. starts by itself once system boots
2. Allows you to create custom extension
3. ALlows you to send commands to the application through the command line
4. Moves html files together with their resource folders.
5. It is open source and newbies and pros alike are welcome to modify, reuse, and criticize the code. Plus you can look at the code and see there's no shady deal going on behind the scenes...e.g. hidden viruses.

github link:
https://github.com/larisoft/cleanDesktop

app download link:
http://tfellow.com/cleandesktop.zip

cc: oga seunthomas, fincoapps, olumyco, donjayzi, knownpal, Danielthegeek, ,dammytosh, elfico, airsalongcon, diakon, dhtml18, pcguru, airsalangu, guru08 e.t.c.

Thanks everyone!
Re: Cleandesktop Full Version Open Source Released by losprince(m): 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
nice one op
Re: Cleandesktop Full Version Open Source Released by asalimpo(m): 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
op, i downloaded the code and looked at the source.
wanted to test run it but it requires 2.4+ gig dot net framework!!
Why use c# over java?
The jre runtime is way smaller.

I dont know if it may be an issue,
Your code reads arguments from the console and interpretes it to perform an action.
But it doest check if the commands are correct completely.
It ignores case.
what of commands that are padded with whitespace?
e.g
" exit" and "exit" are not the same?
without trimming it first it could crash the program.

1 Like

Re: Cleandesktop Full Version Open Source Released by larisoft: 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
Thanks bro. there is a validate function in the CleanDesktop.cs file:

(command = Console.ReadLine().ToLower().Trim();// trims and eliminates upper case letters

if (command.ToLower().StartsWith("add"wink)
{
if (validate_command(command)) //validates command here
{
add_custom_extension(command);
}
else
{
speak("incorrect command format"wink;
speak("type 'add .extension to folder'"wink;
speak("To add a custom extension mapping type"wink;
speak("e.g."wink;
speak("add .jpg to Pictures"wink;
}
})

You have a strong point with the .net issue. Jar runtime is much smaller, and even cross platform. However, I chose .net because most windows 7+ installations come with .net preinstalled , plus i believe in using a windows tool (C#/.NET) for a windows platform (MS Windows).

I will recompile it now to allow lower versions of .net shaa. I believe that will make it accessible to more computers.
Re: Cleandesktop Full Version Open Source Released by eworm: 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
This will ease learning

(1) (Reply)

The Best E-commerce Platform For Nigeria (opensource) / Is Wordpress Really The Way / Certification Or Skill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.