Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,777 members, 7,938,349 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary (2393 Views)

Drop One English Word Which Will Make People Check Their Dictionary / Which Is The Most Used English Word On Nairaland For 2017? / Any English Examiners? Please Review My Letter Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by manee2(m): 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
Luckyk:
teetotallar
_ am one!_

Ur spelling not too right though.
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by muderkid(m): 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ishikawa grin
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by zicoraads: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
teechudleyy:
Rife
This one is small na undecided

Nelipot
copyleft
Quagmire
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by teechudleyy(f): 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
zicoraads:

Nelipot
copyleft
Quagmire

Lol! quagmire reminds me of my dad in 09 when he called my office during my I.T to tell them I couldnt come to work cos my area don scatter. He was like "hello Mr S. My daughter cannot come to the office today.... the whole area is full of a lot of rigmarole and quagmire. For her safety I have asked her to stay at home"
Choiiii i hear am d next day at work ehn?
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by teechudleyy(f): 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
zicoraads:

Nelipot
copyleft
Quagmire

Nelipot - thats unto some cele things
Copyleft - isnt that licencing or copyright related?
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by zicoraads: 7:46am On Mar 10, 2016
teechudleyy:

Nelipot - thats unto some cele things
Copyleft - isnt that licencing or copyright related?

Lol...Nelipot -Someone who walks around with no shoes.
Copyleft is the direct opposite of Copyright.

Good morning wink
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by teechudleyy(f): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2016
zicoraads:

Lol...Nelipot -Someone who walks around with no shoes.
Copyleft is the direct opposite of Copyright.

Good morning wink

I was right about nelipot. Cele ppl walk around with no shoes tongue

Copyleft being the opposite of copyright cannot be the definition of copyleft.
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by zicoraads: 8:43am On Mar 10, 2016
teechudleyy:

I was right about nelipot. Cele ppl walk around with no shoes tongue

Copyleft being the opposite of copyright cannot be the definition of copyleft.
Why not? Copyright doesn't allow for taking of someone else's work without an express permission from them. While copyleft has no such restriction. You can copy and fire away without asking them for any.
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by teechudleyy(f): 9:13am On Mar 10, 2016
zicoraads:

Why not? Copyright doesn't allow for taking of someone else's work without an express permission from them. While copyleft has nor such restriction. You can copy and fire away without asking them for any.

Lol. Thats d definition i was lookin for.
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 10, 2016
teechudleyy:

Lol. Thats d definition i was lookin for.
I want to send a private message to you about writing. How do I go about it?
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by teechudleyy(f): 9:46am On Mar 10, 2016
Stealthideals24:

I want to send a private message to you about writing. How do I go about it?

I alrey replied you. Expecting ur reply to my reply
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2016
teechudleyy:

I alrey replied you. Expecting ur reply to my reply
Just replied u.

1 Like

Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by hpk(m): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2016
Septugenarian
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by PaulWillbliz(m): 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2016
I, HEY, Mmh, Tch, WOAH, Aiit.... smiley
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by Brezil(m): 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
Lemme try mine... Erinaceous, Jentakular
Oya what's the meaning
Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by Comanche(f): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2016
The meaning of some words just amaze me.I am a logophile.Chew on these words. Zoanthropy,sasquatch,flibbertigibbet,Logodaedaly,vivisepulture,cymotrichuos,oeuvre,bellwether,ambidextrous,edentulous,soliterraneous,dilettante.

1 Like

Re: Write Any English Word That Will Force Someone To Look For A Dictionary by Luckyk(f): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
manee2:
_ am one!_

Ur spelling not too right though.
oops thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilorin Remedial Programme / Dear Nairalanders:misuse Of The Word "TOUT", It Is LOUT Not TOUT / AAUA Admission List (merit/1st Batch) 2015/2016 Is Out!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.