Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

‘my Family Forced Me To Sign Sony Music Deal’ – Davido - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘my Family Forced Me To Sign Sony Music Deal’ – Davido (1029 Views)

Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" / Tekno Seals N1.2Billion Sony Music Deal In Grand Style [PICS] / Yomi Fabiyi: How Nollywood Actress Forced Me To Divorce My Wife Publicly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘my Family Forced Me To Sign Sony Music Deal’ – Davido by Erave: 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
Multiple award winning sensation, Davido became a topic of interest few weeks ago after he penned a mouthwatering multi million naira deal with international music label, Sony Music Entertainment. The deal which solidly puts the ‘Aye’ crooner on the global map and also allows him rub shoulders with music heavyweights from different parts of the world will help him create, distribute and market his music at world class level.
Signed at the Sony Music Entertainment headquarters in New York City in January 2016, the 2 album deal is a recording and distribution deal which will allow for the publishing and global distribution of intellectual materials from the ‘Skelewu’ crooner.
Speaking with ERAVE, Davido who expressed his delight in signing with Sony Music Entertainment disclosed that he was convinced by his family members to sign the deal. “Everyone said I could do this, but my own thinking with regard to Sony was that ‘why would I sign to a label when I had already worked so well in Africa to build a brand?”
“I was skeptical about the deal but my dad, sisters and other members of the family pressured me into looking at the deal. I didn’t even talk to Kamal (his manager) for 2 weeks because I wanted to be sure it was the right thing to do. I told them I just wanted to drop my album because it was ready. Afterwards, they (Sony) told me they were not interested in Africa. They said I can have that (Africa) and do whatever I want with it. About eight months ago, I then said since I still had my Africa I had no problem signing the deal,” he added.
On how he secured the deal, Davido who retains the right to his music and performances revealed that he consulted with renowned entertainment lawyer, Joel Katz who had represented global stars such as late Michael Jackson, Ludacris, Justin Timberlake and more before opting to put pen to paper. “He explained to me that I should look at the bigger picture. I owe my licenses and masters 100 per cent.”
On the role of Efe Ogbeni, an executive with Sony/ATV who is also going to be the Executive producer for his upcoming album, Davido said, “we grew .... read more here: http://eraveng.com/2016/03/08/my-family-forced-me-to-sign-sony-music-deal-davido/

cc @lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: ‘my Family Forced Me To Sign Sony Music Deal’ – Davido by goldbim(f): 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
I laugh in swahili... grin grin.Who does nt like a mouth watering deal??my family sha..*if I hear*
Re: ‘my Family Forced Me To Sign Sony Music Deal’ – Davido by sirthisthickkal: 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
that explains the wack song with meekmill.
Re: ‘my Family Forced Me To Sign Sony Music Deal’ – Davido by Ahmed0336(m): 8:57pm On Mar 08, 2016
sirthisthickkal:
that explains the wack song with meekmill.
Pure water no need advert yet e dey sell pass ice-cream.
Re: ‘my Family Forced Me To Sign Sony Music Deal’ – Davido by sirthisthickkal: 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
Ahmed0336:
Pure water no need advert yet e dey sell pass ice-cream.
na so o,the song no even reach any top chart...wasted song,wasted money.
Re: ‘my Family Forced Me To Sign Sony Music Deal’ – Davido by cruzita(f): 9:12pm On Mar 08, 2016
undecided undecided your family forced u as if its not what u wanted before mtcheeewq
Re: ‘my Family Forced Me To Sign Sony Music Deal’ – Davido by Nymbols1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Siamese Twins Born In Ibadan... / Ice Prince Quits Chocolate City / Entertainer Noble Igwe & His Baby Love Is Now Officially Married - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.