Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,985 members, 7,906,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 02:40 PM

Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon (1952 Views)

Top Shareholders In Africa's Phone Market. / The New Look Nokia 3310 Is Hitting The Phone Market Soon.pic / Itel Mobile Set To Take Over The Android Phone Market With Its New OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by JonesPW(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2016
Classic Nokia will return, will it take us back to the good old times?

Nokia phones have been out of our sights for a while since Microsoft bought its mobile business in 2014. The terms of trade claimed that Nokia shouldn't set foot in the mobile device market. And the terms will end in the second half of the year. According to the Jianya Wang, the president of Nokia China region, Nokia is likely going to return to the mobile market this year. Furthermore, they made a decade plan in order to continue their legendary accomplishment.

Majority of the people who were born in 80s and older have used Nokia at least once. If you didn't, you must have heard of the classic Nokia ring tone. (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7kLNJWTDYA)

Blind typing during the class and finals, texting lovers, those were the good old days, right?

When the phone was thrown out the window by the teacher, you find the phone was still playing the music. It had solid quality and it's budget friendly.

There were the times you could easily find a repair shop to get your Nokia fixed without sending back to the dealers.

Sometimes you don't realize how good the good old days were until they're gone. I'm not a person who like reminiscent, but when I do, it's because of Nokia. The Nokia phones has the outstanding quality but cheap, long lasting battery life and convenient customer service.

However, the world is changing fast, especially, in the smartphone industry. Brands and manufactories release new product every month. Hardware and design are getting similar. And according to the Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker from IDC,( http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp) the market share of Android OS reaches 82.8% by the end of 2015Q2, Windows Phone dropped to 2.6% because of the lack of compatibility. Furthermore, the profit is getting transparent and shrinking.

Besides, there are more quality and cheap smartphone brands from China hitting on the market. Oukitel K10000 is one of the example. The phone features weekly lasting battery life of 10000mAh, solid quality and good performance. And it only cost $200. The Oukitel K10000 is currently on sale only from 99 dollars. From the price point and overall design, Oukitel fans said that Oukitel is the Chinese Nokia.

Nokia as a tech giant has its advantages that other brands are not able to compete. First of all, it's the brand awareness. It will get attentions from the world quickly and easily stands out from the rest. Secondly, Nokia has its technology advantages because of the important patents they own. The profit in 2015 is increased by 102% comparing to 2014. And the money come from their 2G/3G/4G patents. Last but not least, they have good relationship with the Telecommunication operators, which is an essential advantage for European and American market. If they could position their product right and keep their product competitive, it would be a nice way to kick off the return.

Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by daphid25(m): 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
Smh, dem no dey podium again
Tecno and co don chance them.
Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by winnijaf(f): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2016
It'll be Hard for them to Break into the Market & Dominate Like they Once did. Products Like Tecno have taken over, Really Slugging it Out with The Likes of iPhone & Samsung.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by Cliveglobal1(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2016
daphid25:

Abi na, Tecno Ti Take Over.

Check Out their Forum www.bbs.tecno-mobile.com
Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by Nwokoji1: 7:14am On Mar 12, 2016
It'll be Good to see Nokia back In the Game, Meanwhile I'm currently enjoying my New TECNO Phantom 5.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by JonesPW(m): 3:59am On Mar 21, 2016
I am looking forwards to Nokia's coming back too, my first phone is Nokia, I think it can back to the market successfully. smiley
Nwokoji1:
It'll be Good to see Nokia back In the Game, Meanwhile I'm currently enjoying my New TECNO Phantom 5.

Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by kolexepana: 6:24am On Mar 21, 2016
Nwokoji1:

Show Off!
Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by jheed: 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
daphid25:

abi oo tecno n.a. the boss for Nigeria now
Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by teelaweee(m): 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
kolexepana:

Show Off!
abi n.a. he won make we know say he get phantom 5 for house grin
Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by kolexepana: 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
teelaweee:
abi n.a. he won make we know say he get phantom 5 for house grin
God go do my own too even if na Boom j8..
Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by JonesPW(m): 8:09am On Apr 06, 2016
winnijaf:
It'll be Hard for them to Break into the Market & Dominate Like they Once did. Products Like Tecno have taken over, Really Slugging it Out with The Likes of iPhone & Samsung.

I am agree with you. Though Nokia can attract some users that we said royalty customers when coming back to phone market, but it can't beat Apple, Samsung, Huawei etc.
Re: Nokia Will Go Back To The Phone Market Soon by JonesPW(m): 4:05am On Apr 29, 2016
The K10000 is 159.99 EUR at ebay.

(1) (Reply)

Is Glo Switching Off Their Network Intentionally / Help!!! Between The New Tecno K7 And..... / Original Infinix Note 2 4g Lte 9k Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.