Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,715 members, 7,889,274 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:30 AM

Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). (1125 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Pope Benedict To Resign / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by banom(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2009
Pope Benedict XVI has broken his wrist after slipping in the bath while on holiday in northern Italy, a Vatican spokesman has said. Skip related content

He slipped in his bath this morning. He was taken to hospital for check-ups. It's nothing serious," Father Federico Lombardi said.

The German-born Catholic leader celebrated mass and even had breakfast before going for treatment, the spokesman added.

The 82-year-old walked into hospital himself in the city of Aosta.

He was treated for a "slight fracture to his right wrist", the Vatican said.

Doctors at the Umberto Parini hospital in Aosta have put the pontiff's injured wrist in a cast.

Benedict has been on holiday at a chalet in the village of Les Combes in the Valle d'Aosta region near the French border since Monday.

His predecessor, John Paul II, also spent several summers at Les Combes.

But while John Paul liked to hike, Pope Benedict reportedly spends most of his time inside the chalet overlooking Mount Blanc.

Benedict has had no notable health problems since becoming pope in April 2005.

Source:http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090717/twl-pope-breaks-wrist-after-slipping-in-3fd0ae9.html
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Bobbyaf(m): 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2009
And seeing how they call themselves God I wonder if he can heal himself. Surely God can heal, right? grin
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Monicaa: 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2009
Bobbyaf:

And seeing how they call themselves God I wonder if he can heal himself. Surely God can heal, right? grin

Who says the pope or catholics call themselves "God"?
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by JaguaNana: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2009
[color=#990000][/color] Sorry, I cant help a bit of pun here : what happened to the in-fall-ibilty of the Pope? grin grin grin grin
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Bobbyaf(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2009
@ Monicaa

Who says the pope or catholics call themselves "God"?

You didn't know that? wink
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Lady2(f): 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2009
Bobbyaf:

@ Monicaa

You didn't know that? wink

You're assuming she's ignorant. Answer her question. Where do the Pope and Catholics call themselves God?
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by No2Atheism(m): 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2009
JaguaNana:

[color=#990000][/color] Sorry, I cant help a bit of pun here : what happened to the [b]in-fall-ibilty [/b]of the Pope? grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin don't mind them, it seems the bones did not remember that the pope was supposed to be some sort of Super-human or something, wat a load of hogwash, catholics just like muslims are doomed to their fooly unless the Creator specially decides to save them.

Cus the truth is that no matter wat, some of them would rather choose to die than believe what the bible says that is contrary to what the Roman Catholic Church says, cry cry cry which is quite sad if it be considered.
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Lady2(f): 2:33am On Jul 18, 2009
No2Atheism:

grin grin grin grin don't mind them, it seems the bones did not remember that the pope was supposed to be some sort of Super-human or something, wat a load of hogwash, catholics just like muslims are doomed to their fooly unless the Creator specially decides to save them.

Cus the truth is that no matter wat, some of them would rather choose to die than believe what the bible says that is contrary to what the Roman Catholic Church says, cry cry cry which is quite sad if it be considered.

Um I'm sorry can you please show me and explain to me how Catholics believe that the Pope is a super-human, please?
Make sure you back up your statements darling. It's not good to lie.
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Bobbyaf(m): 6:49am On Jul 18, 2009
@ Lady

Um I'm sorry can you please show me and explain to me how Catholics believe that the Pope is a super-human, please? Make sure you back up your statements darling. It's not good to lie.

Do you really desire to go there? grin grin grin
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Tudor6(f): 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2009
No2Atheism:

Cus the truth is that no matter wat, some of them would rather choose to die than believe what the bible says that is contrary to what the Roman Catholic Church says,  cry cry cry which is quite sad if it be considered.
You just arrogate to yourself the tag of being the only right and righteous slave of jesus. . . . . .this is the height of delusion!. . . i laugh in tongues! grin grin grin
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Bobbyaf(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2009
@ Tudor

And whose slave are you might I ask? God's or Satan's? Think before you answer.
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Lady2(f): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2009
Bobbyaf:

@ Lady

Do you really desire to go there? grin grin grin

Yes darling I do, and please make sure what you present actually has something to do with the question asked.
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Bobbyaf(m): 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2009
Yes darling I do, and please make sure what you present actually has something to do with the question asked.

You asked for it so don't blame me when the facts stare you in the face. For your sake I hope you will see it for what it is without the usual excuses, and cover up.

John 17:11 records Jesus praying , " And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

Only God is holy, yet the popes have taken on that title that only belongs to God. Jesus also said "call no man Father, for there is one Father which is in heaven"

"The Pope is not simply the representative of Jesus Christ. On the contrary, he is Jesus Christ Himself, under the veil of the flesh, and who by means of a being common to humanity continues His ministry amongst men , Does the Pope speak? It is Jesus Christ Who is speaking. Does he teach? It is Jesus Christ Who teaches. Does he confer grace or pronounce an anathema? It is Jesus Christ Himself Who is pronouncing the anathema and conferring the grace. Hence consequently, when one speaks of the Pope, it is not necessary to examine, but to obey: there must be no limiting the bounds of the command, in order to suit the purpose of the individual whose obedience is demanded: there must be no cavilling at the declared will of the Pope, and so invest it with quite another than that which he has put upon it: no preconceived opinions must be brought to bear upon it: no rights must be set up against the rights of the Holy Father to teach and command; his decisions are not to be criticized, or his ordinances disputed. Therefore by Divine ordination, all, no matter how august the person may be — whether he wear a crown or be invested with the purple, or be clothed in the sacred vestments: all must be subject to Him Who has had all things put under Him." - Evangelical Christendom, January 1, 1895, pg. 15

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous".

"The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth, by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth." Quoted in the New York Catechism.

Should I go on Lady? grin

I wonder if you're going to once again ask of me for references? They are all there even if they are from way back when.
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Lady2(f): 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2009
You asked for it so don't blame me when the facts stare you in the face. For your sake I hope you will see it for what it is without the usual excuses, and cover up

So if I show how you misinterpret scripture and misunderstand the writings of the Church or misquote the Church you won't even bother reading it. You will only say I am trying to cover up? So what should I do, leave you to your faults? I think not.

John 17:11 records Jesus praying , " And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

Only God is holy, yet the popes have taken on that title that only belongs to God. Jesus also said "call no man Father, for there is one Father which is in heaven"

God is not the only one that is holy, there are several others that are called Holy in the Bible

Exodus 3

5 And he said: Come not nigh hither, put off the shoes from thy feet: for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground

Even the ground is called holy.

Exodus 12

16 The first day shall be holy and solemn, and the seventh day shall be kept with the like solemnity: you shall do no work in them, except those things that belong to eating.

A day is called holy

Exodus 19

6 And you shall be to me a priestly kingdom, and a holy nation. Those are the words thou shalt speak to the children of Israel.

Israel is holy, since Israel is the foreshadowing of the Church, the Church is holy

Exodus 22

31 You shall be holy men to me: the flesh that beasts have tasted of before, you shall not eat, but shall cast it to the dogs
The people will be holy

Acts Of Apostles 10

22 Who said: Cornelius, a centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and having good testimony from all the nation of the Jews, received an answer of an holy angel, to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee

The angel is called holy

"call no man Father, for there is one Father which is in heaven"

Jesus means that no one should be elevated to the level of God.

But calling someone Father is not wrong and is very scriptural.

Acts 7:2; 22:1,1 John 2:13 - elders of the Church are called "fathers."

1 Cor. 4:15 - Paul writes, "I became your father in Christ Jesus." why would Paul call himself father of the people when Jesus commanded that no man shall be called father, is Paul breaking that commadment? I think not.

1 John 2:1,13,14 - John calls the elders of the Church "fathers." Is John disobeying Jesus? Absolutely not

There's so much more so honey check your interpretation again.

"The Pope is not simply the representative of Jesus Christ. On the contrary, he is Jesus Christ Himself, under the veil of the flesh, and who by means of a being common to humanity continues His ministry amongst men , Does the Pope speak? It is Jesus Christ Who is speaking. Does he teach? It is Jesus Christ Who teaches. Does he confer grace or pronounce an anathema? It is Jesus Christ Himself Who is pronouncing the anathema and conferring the grace. Hence consequently, when one speaks of the Pope, it is not necessary to examine, but to obey: there must be no limiting the bounds of the command, in order to suit the purpose of the individual whose obedience is demanded: there must be no cavilling at the declared will of the Pope, and so invest it with quite another than that which he has put upon it: no preconceived opinions must be brought to bear upon it: no rights must be set up against the rights of the Holy Father to teach and command; his decisions are not to be criticized, or his ordinances disputed. Therefore by Divine ordination, all, no matter how august the person may be — whether he wear a crown or be invested with the purple, or be clothed in the sacred vestments: all must be subject to Him Who has had all things put under Him." - Evangelical Christendom, January 1, 1895, pg. 15

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous".

"The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth, by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth." Quoted in the New York Catechism.

Should I go on Lady?

I wonder if you're going to once again ask of me for references? They are all there even if they are from way back when

And once again you misunderstand the saying and you fail to remember that the english language has evolved from then so the way it was understood is different from the way we would understand it now.

But still if I were living at that time, I would agree with all that is said.

Why?
Because I understand the role of the Pope as Vicar of Christ. Which ultimately is the role of the Prime minister. Look at the Davidic Kingdom that Christ sits on the throne of. There is a prime minister and the prime minister has the power of the King as if he and the King are the same. WIth the ring given to the prime minister by the King any decree by the prime minister cannot be revoked even by the King himself. Therefore at that time the Prime minister is acting upon the authority of the King as if he were the King himself. So the Prime minister in speaking ex-cathedra is the King himself.

This takes us back to the Bible where we see Peter being given the Keys to the Kingdom of heaven and whatever he binds on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever he looses shall be loosed in heaven. We also see the prophecy of this in Isaiah 22 where the Prime minister is given the Keys to the Kingdom of David and when he shuts no one shall open and when he opens no one shall shut.

So try not to be so deceitful eh.
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by PERVERT9: 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2009
na wa o cherebum fighting c.a.c

cele fighting baptist

pentecostal fighting catholics

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,if religion no scatter nigeria nothing else will not even the millitants cry cry
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by No2Atheism(m): 11:24pm On Jul 18, 2009
~Lady~:

Um I'm sorry can you please show me and explain to me how Catholics believe that the Pope is a super-human, please?
Make sure you back up your statements darling. It's not good to lie.

@bobbyaf has answered you according, infact i could not have done it better with those answers grin. . .by the way hope the[b] in-fall-ible [/b]roman popish leader did not break to many in-fall-ible bones grin

And finally, at lady would you change that picture now i no wan see semeramis, abi u no wan make see dey see ur face again (do not even think about returning that old red dress picture, it is so 1960 . . . instead show something more recent - something that a roman catholic priest can use to commit sexual perversions and then sweep it under the carpet grin)
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by bindex(m): 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2009
Why is the pope in the hospital depending on surgery to heal his broken wrist when all he needs to do is pray to jesus and the magic will be done.
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by Lady2(f): 12:36am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

@bobbyaf has answered you according, infact i could not have done it better with those answers grin. . .by the way hope the[b] in-fall-ible [/b]roman popish leader did not break to many in-fall-ible bones grin

And finally, at lady would you change that picture now i no wan see semeramis, abi u no wan make see dey see ur face again (do not even think about returning that old red dress picture, it is so 1960 . . . instead show something more recent - something that a roman catholic priest can use to commit sexual perversions and then sweep it under the carpet grin)

And you really expect me to have respect for you. Infact you really expect ANYONE to respect you and your opinions.
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by 49cents(m): 8:49am On Feb 04, 2010
HELLO LADY I WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT YOU; MY CONTACT IS rooowland@yahoo.com
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Feb 04, 2010
Is There Another Christ?

Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by RiffRaff: 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2010
Why didnt our lady of Fatima pick him up like she help his predecesor(when john paul was shot, he said our lady of Fatima guided d Bullet away from d spot dat wil kill him)
why take him 2 d hospital, he surely should b able 2 heal himself,
Re: Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised). by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2010
God, SMITE THEM!!! angry , , , , , ,

, . he is cooking up something for you tongue

(1) (Reply)

Is Prayer Overrated? / Can Mortals Truly Be Fitting Ambassadors Of God? / Before And After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.