Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,471 members, 7,932,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 09:12 AM

How To Prepare Fresh Fish(tilapia) Soup (omi Obe) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Fresh Fish(tilapia) Soup (omi Obe) (11604 Views)

Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / Recipe: How To Prepare Obe 'ila Alasepo'; Okra Soup / How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Fresh Fish(tilapia) Soup (omi Obe) by bettytee(f): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
HOW TO PREPARE FRESH FISH {TILAPIA} SOUP (OMI OBE) http://bettytee..com/2016/02/how-to-prepare-fresh-fish-tilapia-soup.html
Re: How To Prepare Fresh Fish(tilapia) Soup (omi Obe) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
bettytee:
HOW TO PREPARE FRESH FISH {TILAPIA} SOUP (OMI OBE) http://bettytee..com/2016/02/how-to-prepare-fresh-fish-tilapia-soup.html

angry

On this Saturday morning I woke up thinking what soup to prepare aside form the common and regular soups. I decide to cook this rich and tasty soup for a change, and believe me it's worth it.
Fresh fish soup is delicious and nutritious. It is simple to prepare but note that fish soup is of a more watery consistency than meat/chicken soup. That is why the Yoruba people called it omi obe.
4 medium size fresh tilapia fish
2 large red bell peppers
4 scotch bonnet peppers/ habanero
6 tomatoes
1 medium red onion
3 cloves garlic
Ginger (size of garlic cloves)
1/2 cup palm oil
2 maggi cubes
1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
1. Rinse, remove the scales and clean fish in water. Once thoroughly cleaned of any fish gunk, drain & sprinkle salt over fish. Make sure you work salt into fish. Set the fish aside for 30mins.
2. Blend the bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, scotch bonnet peppers, garlic and ginger along with one cup water. Blend thoroughly till liquefied.
3. Heat oils in pot till smoking hot (literally). Add blended mix carefully. Cover and let cook over medium heat for 45 minutes (check and add 1 cup water every 15-20 minutes, if this is not done, your soup consistency will be too thick).
4. When is about 30 minute add the maggi cubes boiling pepper. Stir and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add fish, let cook another 10-15 minutes till fish starts to flake, taste for salt, to know if you need to add little salt to taste. Reduce the heat and cook for another 5mins. Turn off heat.
Fish soup is normally served with white rice or eaten with okra ewedu soup and eba. I prefer it with rice and plantain/dodo.
Re: How To Prepare Fresh Fish(tilapia) Soup (omi Obe) by aariwa(m): 2:07am On Mar 19, 2016
coollabman:

angry

On this Saturday morning I woke up thinking what soup to prepare aside form the common and regular soups. I decide to cook this rich and tasty soup for a change, and believe me it's worth it.
Fresh fish soup is delicious and nutritious. It is simple to prepare but note that fish soup is of a more watery consistency than meat/chicken soup. That is why the Yoruba people called it omi obe.
4 medium size fresh tilapia fish
2 large red bell peppers
4 scotch bonnet peppers/ habanero
6 tomatoes
1 medium red onion
3 cloves garlic
Ginger (size of garlic cloves)
1/2 cup palm oil
2 maggi cubes
1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
1. Rinse, remove the scales and clean fish in water. Once thoroughly cleaned of any fish gunk, drain & sprinkle salt over fish. Make sure you work salt into fish. Set the fish aside for 30mins.
2. Blend the bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, scotch bonnet peppers, garlic and ginger along with one cup water. Blend thoroughly till liquefied.
3. Heat oils in pot till smoking hot (literally). Add blended mix carefully. Cover and let cook over medium heat for 45 minutes (check and add 1 cup water every 15-20 minutes, if this is not done, your soup consistency will be too thick).
4. When is about 30 minute add the maggi cubes boiling pepper. Stir and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add fish, let cook another 10-15 minutes till fish starts to flake, taste for salt, to know if you need to add little salt to taste. Reduce the heat and cook for another 5mins. Turn off heat.
Fish soup is normally served with white rice or eaten with okra ewedu soup and eba. I prefer it with rice and plantain/dodo.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Corn Being Sold For N50? / How Can I Prepare Amala? / Know Your Kitchen Utensils Original Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.