Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

The Islamaphobic Media - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Islamaphobic Media (491 Views)

The Islamaphobic Media (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Islamaphobic Media by personal59: 11:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
It is against the letter and spirit of Islam to be despondent. The current horrible tide of Islamaphobia and biasness of the media are not new. But we should remember that it is in the very nature of falsehood to vaporize when truth takes its true shape. The very weapons of Islamaphobia shall once again become its tools for returning souls to Allah.
Were pastor Akanji Oluwaseun, Emmanuel and their accomplice who abducted schoolgirls in Ikorodu Muslims, what do you think the headlines will be by now? ‘Boko Haram shifts base to South West’, ‘Muslims Kidnappers at it again’, ‘Ikorodu girls kidnapped by Muslim terrorists’, ‘new tactics of the Muslim terrorist’; etc. Already we have been told he is a fake pastor. Perhaps, we will be properly guided if we can have the list of all fake pastors so that when they kidnap or kill next time, we will not be surprise! Thank God, they are not Muslims.
When one pastor, in Osun state, organized members to attack a church in the regalia of Muslims, he said it was a drama, it went into cooler. When one Christian law student in UI entered the mosque on a Friday to shout Jesus while the faithful were praying it went into the cooler; when a Christian principal flogged a Junior girl 43 strokes, no media deem it fit to give it coverage because it is a Muslim girl!
You will not see any Muslim attacking or attributing the actions of Reverend King, the molester and murderer, who even killed a member of his church to Christianity. There are several other cases by some so called-pastors raping, embezzling, do we say Christianity sends them? No, it is their human propensity that must be condemned by all human beings.
Muslims hate no one as we all have right to our religion by law. But why can’t our so-called counterparts allow peace to reign. When Sani Yerima married one young lady, it was the talk of the town, there are thousands of such happenings where no media is turning search light; when Sanusi Lamido married too it was the talk of the town.
But history has it that King Richard II (1400 AD) married a 7yr old girl, Henry VIII (1500 AD) married a 6yr old, the Catholic Encyclopedia says” Mary the mother of Jesus was 12 when she married 99 old Joseph”; and the Bible says “but save for yourselves every GIRL who has never slept with a man” (Numbers 31:17-18); examples abound but a seasoned historian simply knows that many socio-climatic factors determine marriages across climes and times.
What makes Ese/Yunusa’s case so special? How many of the so-called religionists are its true adherents? A lot of such happen all the time but makes no headlines but because for whatever reason he is a Kano Muslim boy from the Sanusi Lamido’s enclave, the news must go sensational. I ask what exactly is the national gain in hypocritically blowing the issue out of proportion. Thank God, the Muslim scholars have spoken on the issue. It is clearly one of those media manipulations. I am very sure if the boy is from the Eastern or western part, it may not make any news.
One who lives in a glass house should not throw stone at others. A lot of terrible and criminal acts and rituals are being perpetrated by some so-called pastors or church leaders, locally and internationally, we hear, we read, we see on YouTube. People forget that the greatest gift of the global village is information. We read about breast sucking and ritual pastors, etc, and our media are either silent or explain it away as ‘fake pastors, devilish man of God’, etc.
President Buhari’s trip to Saudi Arabia and even entering the Kabah is tilted to mean that he wants to Islamise Nigeria; whereas former president Jonathan’s several trips to Israel was a prayer for the country and no any Christian coloration was attached. Students of history know the strategic divisive role Israel plays in the world; the arms deal during Jonathan cum those involved was never linked with Christianity; were it to happen during Buhari, the media would have captioned as ” Buhari prepares for Jihad buying armament..”.
Let us always treat issues based on their context and condemn evil no matter the perpetrator whether Imam or Reverend, Pope or Sultan, evil is evil, we should make our thorough investigation and research and should not tilt towards injustice. I am afraid that in the near future, if there are no sanctions on this kind of bias reporting, the media may plunge this nation into ethno-religious war. No nation goes into such and come back to normalcy easily.
These attacks, biases will breed nothing but widening of gaps of intolerance. The tide is already changing. An instance is how youths have engaged the Lagos state government on the issue of Hijaab even to the level of Appeal court. These coming youths are more informed and aware of how their fathers suffered in the hands of Christian missionaries when they had to change their names from Rasheed to Richard as an example. Some of them attended public schools where enmity against Islam is not hidden.
It is really high time Muslims returned and lived by the ideals of Islam. They should be consistent in their practice of Islam. The well-to-do and the few politicians should know that Allah will take them to account in the hereafter. One of the greatest services our rich men can render to Islam in the modern times is to invest more on media to enlighten and counter attacks on Islam. Let our Ramadan media patronage be around the year. There may perhaps be the need to boycott media platforms that are acrimonious to Islam.
Adeniyi O.Z. (PhD)
Re: The Islamaphobic Media by kestolove95(m): 12:06am On Mar 10, 2016
D media never supported anytin good...so I don't send dem..na only me go dey ma grave so ma leav ma life accordin to Allah's wish
Re: The Islamaphobic Media by Kagarko(m): 12:23am On Mar 10, 2016
Mall Jazakumur Rahman bil jannah.
Re: The Islamaphobic Media by ndcide(m): 2:36am On Mar 10, 2016
personal59:
It is against the letter and spirit of Islam to be despondent. The current horrible tide of Islamaphobia and biasness of the media are not new. But we should remember that it is in the very nature of falsehood to vaporize when truth takes its true shape. The very weapons of Islamaphobia shall once again become its tools for returning souls to Allah.
Were pastor Akanji Oluwaseun, Emmanuel and their accomplice who abducted schoolgirls in Ikorodu Muslims, what do you think the headlines will be by now? ‘Boko Haram shifts base to South West’, ‘Muslims Kidnappers at it again’, ‘Ikorodu girls kidnapped by Muslim terrorists’, ‘new tactics of the Muslim terrorist’; etc. Already we have been told he is a fake pastor. Perhaps, we will be properly guided if we can have the list of all fake pastors so that when they kidnap or kill next time, we will not be surprise! Thank God, they are not Muslims.
When one pastor, in Osun state, organized members to attack a church in the regalia of Muslims, he said it was a drama, it went into cooler. When one Christian law student in UI entered the mosque on a Friday to shout Jesus while the faithful were praying it went into the cooler; when a Christian principal flogged a Junior girl 43 strokes, no media deem it fit to give it coverage because it is a Muslim girl!
You will not see any Muslim attacking or attributing the actions of Reverend King, the molester and murderer, who even killed a member of his church to Christianity. There are several other cases by some so called-pastors raping, embezzling, do we say Christianity sends them? No, it is their human propensity that must be condemned by all human beings.
Muslims hate no one as we all have right to our religion by law. But why can’t our so-called counterparts allow peace to reign. When Sani Yerima married one young lady, it was the talk of the town, there are thousands of such happenings where no media is turning search light; when Sanusi Lamido married too it was the talk of the town.
But history has it that King Richard II (1400 AD) married a 7yr old girl, Henry VIII (1500 AD) married a 6yr old, the Catholic Encyclopedia says” Mary the mother of Jesus was 12 when she married 99 old Joseph”; and the Bible says “but save for yourselves every GIRL who has never slept with a man” (Numbers 31:17-18); examples abound but a seasoned historian simply knows that many socio-climatic factors determine marriages across climes and times.
What makes Ese/Yunusa’s case so special? How many of the so-called religionists are its true adherents? A lot of such happen all the time but makes no headlines but because for whatever reason he is a Kano Muslim boy from the Sanusi Lamido’s enclave, the news must go sensational. I ask what exactly is the national gain in hypocritically blowing the issue out of proportion. Thank God, the Muslim scholars have spoken on the issue. It is clearly one of those media manipulations. I am very sure if the boy is from the Eastern or western part, it may not make any news.
One who lives in a glass house should not throw stone at others. A lot of terrible and criminal acts and rituals are being perpetrated by some so-called pastors or church leaders, locally and internationally, we hear, we read, we see on YouTube. People forget that the greatest gift of the global village is information. We read about breast sucking and ritual pastors, etc, and our media are either silent or explain it away as ‘fake pastors, devilish man of God’, etc.
President Buhari’s trip to Saudi Arabia and even entering the Kabah is tilted to mean that he wants to Islamise Nigeria; whereas former president Jonathan’s several trips to Israel was a prayer for the country and no any Christian coloration was attached. Students of history know the strategic divisive role Israel plays in the world; the arms deal during Jonathan cum those involved was never linked with Christianity; were it to happen during Buhari, the media would have captioned as ” Buhari prepares for Jihad buying armament..”.
Let us always treat issues based on their context and condemn evil no matter the perpetrator whether Imam or Reverend, Pope or Sultan, evil is evil, we should make our thorough investigation and research and should not tilt towards injustice. I am afraid that in the near future, if there are no sanctions on this kind of bias reporting, the media may plunge this nation into ethno-religious war. No nation goes into such and come back to normalcy easily.
These attacks, biases will breed nothing but widening of gaps of intolerance. The tide is already changing. An instance is how youths have engaged the Lagos state government on the issue of Hijaab even to the level of Appeal court. These coming youths are more informed and aware of how their fathers suffered in the hands of Christian missionaries when they had to change their names from Rasheed to Richard as an example. Some of them attended public schools where enmity against Islam is not hidden.
It is really high time Muslims returned and lived by the ideals of Islam. They should be consistent in their practice of Islam. The well-to-do and the few politicians should know that Allah will take them to account in the hereafter. One of the greatest services our rich men can render to Islam in the modern times is to invest more on media to enlighten and counter attacks on Islam. Let our Ramadan media patronage be around the year. There may perhaps be the need to boycott media platforms that are acrimonious to Islam.
Adeniyi O.Z. (PhD)

This crap is coming from the depths of ignorance.
No wonder the writer is playing religion.
Jesus christ said follow me and not any religion. Anyone who is not following Jesus is not of him even if you call the person a pastor. Jesus is the standard. I invite the writer and @op to come to Jesus. He himself said he is the only way to God.

If the @op and writer have received Jesus, they'll know the signs of the time and understand things. But let me not be confrontational.

Note that the devil wants to turn the heart of men away from God. Therefore their is an attack on your beliefs. (both Christians and Muslims). The enemy wants people to live without recourse to God almighty. You can see it all over.

Maybe that's why your Islam is being attacked. but Jesus told us about the attacks, the wolf in sheep clothing, the false brethren and false prophets, that the massage will be I'll spoken of, that people will get themselves teachers having etching ears, preaching heresy. Jesus told us all these things and much more. that's why his followers are not agitated or having the opinions of this writeup. Jesus also told us what to do.

On the other hand, are the evils being brazenly perpetuated in the name of Islam, not Quranic?
Both in Nigeria and all over the world, is it not the same? Do they not hate and kill others.

Years back, a beauty pagent was to be hosted in Nigeria. Some Christians had their reservations about it and committed it to God in prayers. The Islamic went on a killing spree. A cartoon was made on Europe, the Islamic in Nigeria went on a killing spree, they never spoke a word about boko haram when Christians were being killed, until it got twisted and some Islamic faithfuls were being killed. We can go on and on and on. The fact is there all over the world. So the so called media attack have a cause. The perception is already there.

Suggestions
-rather than attack Christians in this kind of writing, preach the message of love

-Rather than comparisons, purge the Muslim adherence of the desire to kill for Islamic reasons.

-openly condemn anything evil done in the name of Islam. Note I didn't say by Muslims.

-Stop supporting the evils of yerima and yinusa and the others with Islam. When you do, and defend evil with Islam, what then do you want people to believe. Be honest. Who is defending Rev King with Christianity. NOBODY.

The followers of Jesus will not defend iniquity irrespective of who did it... I'm not referring to politics here.

Most importantly Come to Jesus Christ. He is the only way, the truth and the life No man comes to the Father except through him.

God bless you in Jesus name.
Re: The Islamaphobic Media by personal59: 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
ndcide:

This crap is coming from the depths of ignorance.
No wonder the writer is playing religion.
Jesus christ said follow me and not any religion. Anyone who is not following Jesus is not of him even if you call the person a pastor. Jesus is the standard. I invite the writer and @op to come to Jesus. He himself said he is the only way to God.

If the @op and writer have received Jesus, they'll know the signs of the time and understand things. But let me not be confrontational.

Note that the devil wants to turn the heart of men away from God. Therefore their is an attack on your beliefs. (both Christians and Muslims). The enemy wants people to live without recourse to God almighty. You can see it all over.

Maybe that's why your Islam is being attacked. but Jesus told us about the attacks, the wolf in sheep clothing, the false brethren and false prophets, that the massage will be I'll spoken of, that people will get themselves teachers having etching ears, preaching heresy. Jesus told us all these things and much more. that's why his followers are not agitated or having the opinions of this writeup. Jesus also told us what to do.

On the other hand, are the evils being brazenly perpetuated in the name of Islam, not Quranic?
Both in Nigeria and all over the world, is it not the same? Do they not hate and kill others.

Years back, a beauty pagent was to be hosted in Nigeria. Some Christians had their reservations about it and committed it to God in prayers. The Islamic went on a killing spree. A cartoon was made on Europe, the Islamic in Nigeria went on a killing spree, they never spoke a word about boko haram when Christians were being killed, until it got twisted and some Islamic faithfuls were being killed. We can go on and on and on. The fact is there all over the world. So the so called media attack have a cause. The perception is already there.

Suggestions
-rather than attack Christians in this kind of writing, preach the message of love

-Rather than comparisons, purge the Muslim adherence of the desire to kill for Islamic reasons.

-openly condemn anything evil done in the name of Islam. Note I didn't say by Muslims.

-Stop supporting the evils of yerima and yinusa and the others with Islam. When you do, and defend evil with Islam, what then do you want people to believe. Be honest. Who is defending Rev King with Christianity. NOBODY.

The followers of Jesus will not defend iniquity irrespective of who did it... I'm not referring to politics here.

Most importantly Come to Jesus Christ. He is the only way, the truth and the life No man comes to the Father except through him.

God bless you in Jesus name.

Brother with al due respect I don't ask u to preach for m abt prophet ISA (jesus) I knw him already bt can u point out those who defend those atrocities u mention mind u even the so corrupt nigeria politician av supporters even reverend king u mention has his own supporters so what re we saying, all dis terrorist av sponsors and der sponsor will support dem we just av to b factual and real if we keep tagging ppl base on less dan 1perct behavior nd still expect love to tk over den we are fooling ourselves, u portray ursef as an enemy nd want m to smile with u haba!

On d issue of beauty peagent imagine during ramadan in an islamic dominated state nd u expect it to work out brother don't b bias am not northernern though am a muslim brother let us be sincere with each other I see it as an insult on dem ah ah just like someone who rent an apartment in a church den turn his room to a brothel (free for all) nd u expect d church not to return his fund dat same day brother b sincere to ur self

I av nothing to talk abt it again with u

Thanks for ur time

(1) (Reply)

# / NLC Shuts Down Jos Electricity Distribution Company For Non-compliance / Nigeria Drops Out Of Top 15 In Africa From World 3rd Fastest Growing Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.