Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US (1004 Views)

How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours / Facebook Owner Mark Zuckerberg Reacts To President Trump Policy. / Facebook Restores Account Of Amonia Rita Stewart, Lady Who Wrote Mark Zuckerberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by micronut(m): 12:10am On Mar 10, 2016
Mark Zuckerberg writes...
18 hrs · Palo Alto, CA, United States ·

Today I joined 60 technology leaders in supporting President Obama’s executive actions to prevent undocumented immigrant children from being deported.

As I travel around the world, I see many nations turning inwards. I hear growing voices for building walls and distancing people labeled as "other". Whether it's refugees, undocumented immigrants or underrepresented minorities, I hope we have the wisdom to understand that the best path forward is always to bring people together, not divide them.
I hope we find the compassion and courage to give everyone a fair shot, to treat everyone with respect and dignity, and do what we can to make this world better for all people -- not just people who look like us or live near us.

A few years ago I taught a class on entrepreneurship at a local middle school. Some of my best students were undocumented. Because of that, they weren't sure if they would be able to go to college. These are smart and hardworking kids who could grow up to be leaders in their communities and in the world. But despite having lived in the US for as long as they can remember, they could be denied the chance to participate fully in the life of our country and reach their potential.

We are a nation of immigrants. We are one world. And we are all connected. We must have the humanity to welcome in these children and to bring people together -- and that's what we told the Supreme Court today.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10102699276150751&id=4

See Comments Below...

Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by micronut(m): 12:17am On Mar 10, 2016
Lalasticlala, seun, ishlove, OAM4J and Mynd44.
Please let's push this to front page please, this is an inspiring peace from Mark Zukerberg.
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Cutehector(m): 12:20am On Mar 10, 2016
I really admire his simplicity...
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by stchinedu: 12:40am On Mar 10, 2016
Epic!!!

This is what our leaders, politicians and religious alike, should be advocating...but they are busy 'fighting for the best spot in the society'. How many of our religious leaders have come out to condemn injustice and marginalisation in a strong term? How many of the leaders we 'voted' into power is fighting for equality? The only time you see some form of 'seriousness' in them is when they are debating on personal allocation. The religious leaders on the other hand, tell their members to 'carry their cross in faith' and they will never lift a finger to carry one...They make the same members to carry it for them while they live in opulence...After all, they are the 'mediator' between man and God.

Bad governance, tribalism, sectionalism, injustice, terrorism in full and in disguise (like the fulanis Killing and destroying communities) etc, are all hemorrhaging our country and no one seems to care. Why? We are now a country of 'survival of the fittest'.

The only time our leaders show concern is when they are directly hit. Outside this, it's the usual story that will fade with time.

...and to had to the frustration, the mods will not move it to the front page...since it is not about 'ómó on búrédí' or some 'bra less' or 'pant less' celebrities.

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 10, 2016
wait firs...lemme jxt book space..
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by RevDesm0ndJuju: 1:02am On Mar 10, 2016
Rich Arab Gulf sheiks own over 40% of Facebook

This turncoat jew has been tacitly censoring reportage of Islamic violence to protect his investors.

He is anti Trump because it will affect his shekel flow

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Nobody: 2:44am On Mar 10, 2016
RevDesm0ndJuju:
Rich Arab Gulf sheiks own over 40% of Facebook

This turncoat jew has been tacitly censoring reportage of Islamic violence to protect his investors.

He is anti Trump because it will affect his shekel flow
turncoat jew? Come on bro. Mark got compassion
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Nobody: 3:07am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by SoNature(m): 4:12am On Mar 10, 2016
DaveAnte1:
Mark has Compassion,and so do I .,an. Why does Mark lock his house door ? Why don't Mark leave his doors open and also share his food and wife with intruders? A line has to be drawn . If the American border becomes porous then the United states will be a third world shiithole like Guatamala,Cuba,Peru,Haiti,etc. Will you then be happy? Why can't those nations build an organized society for their citizens? Overpopulation in any given society breeds third world symptoms . Plus ,if every nation develop their society,then there'll be no Visa restrictions just like there are no visa restriction for all developed nations .
15 million undocumented(illegal) immigrants is a strain on the United states. I believe that Canada,New Zealand are much more liveable countries than the United states due to lower and sustainable population.
You see,I understand that millions around the world desire to migrate to a develop nation especially the United states,but in Life there's always going to be dependent people trying to weigh you down with their demands .You can not help everyone .
Sugar invites ants ,and then what happens when it becomes over crowded ?it's all gone . what next?
Final Verdict :Allow the illegals that are already here to stay , but make sure it never happens again. Increase border security and curb illegal immigration .

Much as I don't know you in person, but reading your comments here, I'm not wrong to say you are as horrible as Donald Trump. U.S is not called a world super power for nothing! In my assessment, these so-called immigrants don't just milk America dry but also add value and pay taxes to America.

Obama released recently that unemployment rate in the U.S stood at 4.9% yet you are still complaining. Here you are giving us lecture about how the leaders of these immigrants' home countries must develop themselves and their people. *Laughs* Have you any idea to what it means to have an authoritarian regime? I guess not. This is because US has passed that stage. We are one world - we are a people, and what happens to the eyes must matter to the nose because we are connected.

I join Pope Francis in saying that Donald Trump is not a Christian. This is because his views on humanity are not just shocking but condemnable.
Americans may be feeling special today, but they should understand that this world power thing is rotational. I strongly believe that if many of these immigrants are sent packing, the people and economy of America will be negatively affected. This is because population is somehow a blessing in disguise. Yes, if you doubt me ask China - the likely next world power.

Have a heart if your opinion really matter, please.
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Nobody: 4:22am On Mar 10, 2016
In Trump's voice, since Mark Z. says he is an immigrant, Ama deport him too.grin

This is a good #commonsense# talk. Kudos bro Mark.
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Nobody: 4:27am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Phame: 4:30am On Mar 10, 2016
Brilliant!
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by SoNature(m): 5:16am On Mar 10, 2016
DaveAnte1:
I had a friend who would play "that's what friends are for "before begging me for favour. illegal immigrants intruded a nation's territory,and now it's time to deport and you suddenly realize that we are all connected and should love one another? Why didn't you read the passage"thou shall not steal or trespass " before sneaking through the back door.

Please stop ranting here. Just like Zukerberg, I have made my point, period!
Re: Must Read: Facebook Owner Mark Zukerberg Wrote A Heart Touching Piece On US by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 10, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Before Your Start A News Blog In Nigeria Read This / Please Review My New Blog's Design / Tatafonaija Has Been Hacked Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.