Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,267 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:35 PM

President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" (3052 Views)

Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo / "Buhari Has Anaemia", Femi Williams, Professor Of Medicine / Buhari Has Betrayed Youths By Assembling Analogue Ministers – LP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 10, 2016
Buhari has unbundled the NNPC into 7 operating units. They're the Upstream unit; Downstream unit; Refinery unit; Gas/Power unit; Ventures; Finance & Accounting; and Executive Head, Corporate Planning and Services. . Bello Rabiu is CEO of Upstream Company; Henry Ikem-Onih for Downstream; Anibor Kragha for Refineries; Saidu Mohammed for Gas and Power Plant; Babatunde Adeniran for Ventures; Isiaka Abdulrasaq for Finance & Accounting; and Isa Inuwa for Executive Head, Corporate Planning and Services. All appointments take immediate effect. . Ibeh Kachikwu said there would be no job loss as a result of the unbundling. . Meanwhile, oil workers under the aegis of Pengassan and Nupeng said they were not consulted before the decision to unbundle NNPC was taken, hence it is unacceptable to them. They have therefore embarked on an industrial action that is bound to hamper power and fuel supply across the country. . In a related development, the Senate has begun the process of probing the decision to unbundle the 39yr old NNPC. They said the decision is illegal as the government did not consult with the National Assembly to repeal the laws that set up the organisation. . Some lawyers, however, disagree, saying that what has happened is merely a structural reorganisation of the company, that the company still exist and also does the enabling laws that set it up. . What I see in this issue is that President Buhari has by this action carried out a massive onslaught on the cabal that use to hold down our oil sector and they're trying to fight back by activating their structure in the unions and National Assembly. When you look at the fact that the oil workers will not lose money, won't lose jobs, but will only lose corruption then you begin to understand their argument against the restructuring. Everybody is now talking about consultation as if what the president has done is wrong for the country. The moment you try to consult them then they sense weakness and try to use it against you. But thank God we have Buhari, he serves them right. Their argument is weak and there is nothing they can do. The sufferings on Nigerians would be temporal, but the people need to stand with Buhari because he's stepped on some very powerful toes to do this for the poor people of Nigeria. No other president had the balls to make this type of moves.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 10, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by DaBullIT(m): 7:58am On Mar 10, 2016
The split will block some leakages , allow more transparency and efficiency

each head of department will be responsible for any problems arising in his department , not the GIANT NNPC

but most importantly , this will reduce whatever resources NNPC has been claiming ,

Good one Buhari ,

The effect won't be seen now , and wailers are not happy

But in the end , people will still come to pray for Buhari

11 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by DONSMITH123(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2016
hian...
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Acidosis(m): 8:23am On Mar 10, 2016
What's the percentage of Nigerians who live and breathe on Unbundling?

We rely on fuel. Make it available, that's all.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by modath(f): 8:28am On Mar 10, 2016
The union executives didn't even inform their members they were embarking on strike & also didn't when they called it off .... They didn't want their garri & bread tampered with so they quickly tried to push Kachikwu to a corner , he is a smart cookie...

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by malton: 8:33am On Mar 10, 2016
Thanks, OP for making me see this from a different perspective. And if the union bodies did embark on strike without consulting with the workers, then, it's safe to think that there are interests they are trying to protect--which of course, isn't national! Anything for a better structure!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Obipat(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2016
No light, no fuel, no money. is Buhari human being at all?
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by BaddieKay(f): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2016
Obipat:
he has all u mentioned above so he doesn't give a F* His human
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Obiodunukwe: 8:49am On Mar 10, 2016
Obipat:

This man, you are over 30 and yet you behave like a toddler. Grow up and be a man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by slyng(m): 8:53am On Mar 10, 2016
I repeat ... U will neva see them on thread like this. Sebi u know them?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by wisov(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2016
Natl assembly slowing d growth of nigeria 1999
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by BeClever: 9:02am On Mar 10, 2016
I surport this UNBUNDLING with all my heart..

If this is what the dullard has been on since he came into power.. We won't have been calling his name left , right and center.

The PDP and APC monsters and other non partisan monsters in this country are the one who won't like this..

Igbos love this move.. Cos NNPC was like a hive for Yoruba and Hausa cockroaches..

Kachikwu is playing the perfect game for us.. Let it roll!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Vyolet(f): 9:04am On Mar 10, 2016
Bundle or unbundled or whatever the word is, I don't care.
All I want is to get fuel at normal price anytime I need it.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by chukslawrence(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2016
Link
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Babacele: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2016
wisov:
Natl assembly slowing d growth of nigeria 1999
n that is y Saraki must gooo

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by seunajia: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2016
I think the president did the right thing. Breaking down NNPC into operating units will enable accountability as each unit may be required to draw its own budget.

Moreover, these operating units should be ran like commercial corporations, so that the emphasis is on efficiency and profitability. A fair amount of deadwood can be pruned too.

Kudos Kachikwu!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by diasporaman(m): 9:12am On Mar 10, 2016
I hope it will not be counter productive
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by goodgate: 9:21am On Mar 10, 2016
slyng:
I repeat ... U will neva see them on thread like this. Sebi u know them?
They lack that intellectual capacity to hold informed discussions and arguements.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Obipat(m): 9:23am On Mar 10, 2016
Obiodunukwe:

This man, you are over 30 and yet you behave like a toddler. Grow up and be a man

I have beards
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Obipat(m): 9:24am On Mar 10, 2016
BaddieKay:
he has all u mentioned above so he doesn't give a F* His human
God will punish Buhari
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 10, 2016
I am browsing [Police parade 35 robbery suspects, others in Enugu]. Have a look at it! http://ebonyi.citynewsline.com.ng/news/police-parade-35-robbery-suspects-others-in-enugu
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 10, 2016
[Police parade 35 robbery suspects, others in Enugu]. Have a look at it! http://ebonyi.citynewsline.com.ng/news/police-parade-35-robbery-suspects-others-in-enugu
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 10, 2016
Nicely done by buhari... But he shd get unemployed graduates off the streets too ni
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by BaddieKay(f): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2016
Obipat:
God will punish Buhari
cheesy
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Nbote(m): 9:43am On Mar 10, 2016
I no even understand dis ppl again. Kachikwu claimed it wasn't unbundling but reorganization because these various arms /sectors of the NNPC had always been there.
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by kniru: 10:01am On Mar 10, 2016
ok oo
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:12am On Mar 10, 2016
#I never regret NOT voting for GEJ but I regret not Understanding the true Meaning of Change#

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by Obipat(m): 10:46am On Mar 10, 2016
BaddieKay:
cheesy
beautiful damsel
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by nykolaax(m): 10:48am On Mar 10, 2016
Nbote:
I no even understand dis ppl again. Kachikwu claimed it wasn't unbundling but reorganization because these various arms /sectors of the NNPC had always been there.
me too.....so i thought.....just like DPR, those arms are dere but has nt stop dem cabals from doing runz
Re: President Buhari Has Done The "Impossible" by chacoonder(m): 11:12am On Mar 10, 2016
I believe we are heading to tge right direction, after unbundling it then he can now dismantle it totally. Good job PMB

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed : The Sars Commander Who Unleashed Violence During Rivers Rerun / Kanu Is A Nobody In International Affairs / Anambra Guber: Dr Nwoye Will Transform Anambra.. Billionaire Arthur Eze (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.