Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,620 members, 7,941,388 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? (971 Views)

I Will Ask For Mohammed Salah's Shirt On Saturday - Eden Hazard / Chelsea Eden Hazard Reveals Truth About Conte And Morinho / Are Samir Nasri's Best Days Behind Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by larrytorch(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
No one could have predicted it. Player of the Year by a mile last season, the next season for Eden Hazard was meant for him to capitalise on such excellent form and lead Chelsea to the latter stages of the Champions League. He has failed miserably, and the club have suffered as a result. On numerous occasions last season, he took the game by the scruff of the neck, displaying the guile and magic the top players always possess. But only God knows what happened to the 25 year old Belgium international during the summer. Chelsea rejected a bid of £70m from PSG for his signature, but the Blues will take that amount now without batting an eyelid. The team, on the whole hand lost form, but as the best player, your normal levels aren't supposed to drop, rather you use your performances to motivate your ailing colleagues.

Last season, Jose said he was better than Cristiano Ronaldo. Few will laugh at that comment right now. He has been shambolic and his attitude has not been exemplary. Chelsea just have to count their losses in the summer and sell him. The player fell-out with Mourinho at the tail end of the Portuguese's spell at Stamford Bridge, with the manager struggling to comprehend his damning loss of form.

Against PSG on Wednesday night, he did little to impress Laurent Blanc, as he has been flirting openly with Les Parisians in recent months, and the presence of Angel Di Maria at the club could mean the club may have no need for him anymore. He also swapped shirts with the Argentine at half-time, seemingly not knowing the gravity of what was at stakes in the match. His sullen attitude, lack of drive all show a man who has lost the plot and is willing to leave the club.

He won't be short of suitors but a player who has 0 goals in 26 league appearances isn't the kind of player an elite team will want to spend upwards of £70m on.

The grass isn't always greener out there, Eden.

By Ademola Kadiri
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by 3kay945(m): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
I tire o, some stars don't just shine long

1 Like

Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by Eddygourdo(m): 4:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
He was ran aground by the special one. The physical stress of the premier league is enormous. Look at the two slavers of last season, who played virtually every game, both are suffering now. I mean hazard and matic. Hazard is still a great player and if given sufficient rest or possibly a better ace to share the burden. He will do extremely well. Am a united fan though, so objective
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by larrytorch(m): 4:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
Eddygourdo:
He was ran aground by the special one. The physical stress of the premier league is enormous. Look at the two slavers of last season, who played virtually every game, both are suffering now. I mean hazard and matic. Hazard is still a great player and if given sufficient rest or possibly a better ace to share the burden. He will do extremely well. Am a united fan though, so objective

buf he's got Willian... I believe he is juz being non challant
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by Spongia1(m): 4:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Eden Hazard is a football genius. But, perhaps Stamford bridge isn't the stage for him to display his brilliance any more. Even genuises have flaws
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by larrytorch(m): 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
Spongia1:
Eden Hazard is a football genius. But, perhaps Stamford bridge isn't the stage for him to display his brilliance any more. Even genuises have flaws

What of Messi and Ronaldo? Hazard probably was juz overrated though his critical role in chelsea winning the title can not be played down
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by Ekiranojo: 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
3 out of every 5 paper business cards given to you ends in a waste bin,
Raise your corporate identity with METAL cards, a BOLD but yet not an extravagant choice.
It Enhances Brand image perception
Makes a good First impression
Classy and more durable than paper cards
Highlights your innovative and creative skills.
Order now PIN 5COD19D4, 08025845562 @EkiranOlawale

Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by fF01(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hazard?! Hazard!?!? Hazard?!?!? Boy! dnt even knw whr 2 start, Hazard ezz one gud lad bur lacks d willingness 2 get 2 d top"balon d'Or kinda or Messi Ronaldo level" He does ezz tin nd just leave d rest, ''lyk mi o le waku'' hez nor dah kinda player dah would tak d bull by d horn nd say i must b dis i must b dat. Like ezz scared of competition or somtin, am sorry 2 say bur if dis guy eventually move 2 madrid, he would end up on d bench except ofcuz he changes his attitude.
Am a Chelsea Fan, i lyk d dude bur look at him dis season, hez been awful. Even before naw i use 2 av a problem wit him in d final third. He dribbles very well bur dey rarely result 2 somtin, hez assists nd Goals ar below par 4 a dribbler of such magnitude. Look at Neymar, dat's wat mak Players dez days, doz final balls. Give Assist or Score, it's more dan just Creating chances these days. So i believe only Hazard can help Hazard, he nids a change of attitude cuz he gat d talent 2 b d best!
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by larrytorch(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
fF01:
Hazard?! Hazard!?!? Hazard?!?!? Boy! dnt even knw whr 2 start, Hazard ezz one gud lad bur lacks d willingness 2 get 2 d top"balon d'Or kinda or Messi Ronaldo level" He does ezz tin nd just leave d rest, ''lyk mi o le waku'' hez nor dah kinda player dah would tak d bull by d horn nd say i must b dis i must b dat. Like ezz scared of competition or somtin, am sorry 2 say bur if dis guy eventually move 2 madrid, he would end up on d bench except ofcuz he changes his attitude.
Am a Chelsea Fan, i lyk d dude bur look at him dis season, hez been awful. Even before naw i use 2 av a problem wit him in d final third. He dribbles very well bur dey rarely result 2 somtin, hez assists nd Goals ar below par 4 a dribbler of such magnitude. Look at Neymar, dat's wat mak Players dez days, doz final balls. Give Assist or Score, it's more dan just Creating chances these days. So i believe only Hazard can help Hazard, he nids a change of attitude cuz he gat d talent 2 b d best!

U made a point and I agree with it.

1 Like

Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by fF01(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
larrytorch:

U made a point and I agree with it.
Yezzir! Bur y ezz d thread dry na? Cuz dis ezz anoda serious issue dah i fell very concerned bout as a blue fan. Mak one of dis mods shift d mata go FP mak e 4 no lost. Aside my concern 4 d guy, let him even pick form b4 season end so atleast we sell him for a reasonable fee in d summer.
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by larrytorch(m): 9:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
fF01:

Yezzir! Bur y ezz d thread dry na? Cuz dis ezz anoda serious issue dah i fell very concerned bout as a blue fan. Mak one of dis mods shift d mata go FP mak e 4 no lost. Aside my concern 4 d guy, let him even pick form b4 season end so atleast we sell him for a reasonable fee in d summer.

I don't know the criteria in which the mods use to move topics to FP.
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by Flexherbal(m): 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
Everything has time. May his time has paused till next season.
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by larrytorch(m): 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
Flexherbal:
Everything has time. May his time has paused till next season.

or maybe not
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by Eddygourdo(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
larrytorch:

buf he's got Willian... I believe he is juz being non challant
even Willian isn't performing as he ought to. He is a far better player than he plays. With his ability he should have better end product. Willian himself needs to play to his potential.
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by larrytorch(m): 11:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
Eddygourdo:
even Willian isn't performing as he ought to. He is a far better player than he plays. With his ability he should have better end product. Willian himself needs to play to his potential.

I believe wats affecting Willian is the morale of team... U cud recall that early dz season, he was the only player in chelsea dat was playing well and afterwards his game dropped as he cud av bin affected by the feeling that he is alone.
Re: Are Hazard's Best Days Behind Him ? by Eddygourdo(m): 7:51am On Mar 11, 2016
larrytorch:

I believe wats affecting Willian is the morale of team... U cud recall that early dz season, he was the only player in chelsea dat was playing well and afterwards his game dropped as he cud av bin affected by the feeling that he is alone.
that's very true. But even at his best this season, he could even do more. To me Willian is more talented than hazard. He runs, stronger, good dribbles, free kicks, set piece. Etc but never really applies himself in the final third to shoot or assist. The general team disposition killed his morale anyway. But conte needs to make him the star of the team. Thus he would Improve his influence in the final third. He is a very good player. Wished my team got him

(1) (Reply)

Poor Chelsea Signings, Emenalo Under Fire / Jose Mourinho & Pep Guardiola Hug & Make Up At Manchester Derby / Man City Confirm Iheanacho Is Their Youngest Player To Score In Manchester Derby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.