Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,833 members, 7,945,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) (52606 Views)

How Do I Become An IGCSE Certified Teacher? / Moment Students Realized That Their Teacher Was Watching Them Cheat On A Test / See What This Teacher Was Spotted Carrying In Class(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by musicwriter(m): 7:49am On Mar 11, 2016
Localamos:

So we should develop over 300 text books for chemistry ro cater for the various languages we have in Nigeria. Same for Geography, History and all the other subjects?

Id like to see Ababio in efik! grin

It was actually that way before our unfortunate contact with Europe, unless you argue there was nothing like education before we met Europeans. If so, you have to explain to me how knowledge acquisition happened before then.

There's nothing difficult about having text books in our various languages. It's a question of translating them. That's the way it is in Europe!. No European country speaks the same language, neither as a language of instruction in schools nor for communication, except Belgium that partly speak French and German.

Guess what?. Belgium does exactly that. Text books come in German (for the north) and French (for the South).

Map of Europe by language
[img]http://marcia.iqm.unicamp.br/Europe-hedscitec.png[/img]

Map of Europe.
[img]http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/contemporarymaps/world/europe/europe4c.jpg[/img]

Why would European colonial powers give you English and French as official language for education in Africa, while themselves speak their various languages in school?.

Africans open your eyes!!.

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by brunofarad(m): 7:51am On Mar 11, 2016
That guy don high grin
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by gbemijames: 7:54am On Mar 11, 2016
thesicilian:
I don't really blame the teacher as much as I blame the person who hired her. When you say 'certified' what did you actually mean? Certified from which institution? And who in his right mind would hire a somebody to teach/handle his child without the necessary interviews and background checks?
And to think that he's still 'planning to' fire her!

God bless you bug. You just said whats on my mind.
How on earld would you employ a teacher without necessary interviews and assesment?..
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Goldenheart(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:
You've never seen anything yet!. If you know what's going on in the sciences, like; chemistry, physics, you'll cry.

Recently, someone here on Nairaland posted a thread the other day lamenting on how teachers he hired to write the JAMB exams for him failed the exam. LOL!!. A teacher failing his own subject!!. What else do we need to know education in Africa is a big joke?.

This's why we need to revert back to our natural way of learning, i.e studying in our native languages. Asians in the eighties discovered the problem with western education and they made a U-turn, took their destiny in their own hands, and reverted back to their natural way of learning. And since Malaysians, Indonesians, Thai, e.t.c made this decision their fortunes changed, and they sped fast towards development leaving us behind.

Western education isn't made for your own good. It was created at the late 1800 century when colonial powers were under pressure from the African people to leave Africa. But, before leaving, they figured out that if they left us without teaching us their languages they'll not have any means of exploiting us in absentia. Therefore, they made sure they installed their model of education all over Africa, forcing the African people and making it a point for every African school to adopt English or French as a compulsory subject in schools (Rome previously used this as a strategy for destroying culture during their hay days in Europe). When the language of a people is destroyed, their culture will also be destroyed over some hundreds or thousands of years. Get it?. Meaning that our native languages would go into extinction over a hundred or thousands years, and we'll practically become foreigners in our land!!. This way they'll constantly create brainwashed Euro-Afro hybrid elites (neither European nor African in mindset) who act as a conduit for further exploitation of Africa. This's like training a puppy (dog) to behave exactly how you want it to behave.

Ultimately, what western education brings to a people are; first: destruction of language, second: destruction of culture, third: intellectual slavery, fourth: poverty.

The only way we can have true education and development in Africa is to abandon western education and create our own model of education. Same way we abandoned Hollywood movies in the early 90's and created our own movie industry (Nollywood). Yes, we can!!. By the way, the ''wood'' in Nollywood itself is a signature of intellectual slavery, a product of western education.

I grew up researching this topic (pedagogy) without even realizing what I was doing, cause I was born in a library. I've spent years researching this stuff, and literally shed tears the day I realized I' am an educated fool. Then, I began to debrainwash myself.

If I have my way and get a record label that believe in my type of music, I'll change the way education happen in Africa.

Western education is a scam!!!!. It wasn't created for our own good!.

For details, see the part 1 and 2 of this link http://www.africason.com/2015/10/intellectual-slavery-most-dangerous.html

Boko Haram's Ideology.

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by HaneefahRN(f): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2016
Omo ,see writing! This one too will tell students their writing ain't legible o. I don't need to read it b4 I know it's hogwash
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Nnemuka(f): 7:56am On Mar 11, 2016
Nigeria education is a mess...
i will never advice anyone who can afford training their wards abroad to settle for less here in Nigeria. Scarcity of no scarcity of fx.

Imagine a country with a cattle rearer as president. tufiakwa
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 7:56am On Mar 11, 2016
Re-read ur comment, b4 judging.
princemillla:
I shake my head for some if this teachers mehn.

You are the best teacher to your wards
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by shachris02: 7:56am On Mar 11, 2016
people don't comment with reason. The scattered sentence was given for students to make a story out of them. check the paragraph after that for the correct story.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by musicwriter(m): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2016
Goldenheart:

Boko Haram's Ideology.

You have no idea of what's being said. And, I've been preaching this long before boko haram.

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Achorise: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2016
I celebrate him, cos in Nigeria he will still contest for a political position, and will still win based on body language. And some bigots will come here and defend him.And put the entire nation into dilemma.

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by chatwithbotv(m): 8:02am On Mar 11, 2016
princemillla:

You are the best teacher to your wards
It is 'these' teachers. I shake my head too for ur teacher

2 Likes

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by freecocoa(f): 8:02am On Mar 11, 2016
This one good na. grin

The person who hired her didn't have her interviewed I guess.

Seriously though, some people who call themselves teachers are the 'dumbest' people ever.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Acidosis(m): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2016
No certified teacher would teach 3 sessions a week for 1 month at N12,000.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by slap1(m): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2016
Three sessions, 12k per month gets you just that. No harm done.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by harsysky(m): 8:06am On Mar 11, 2016
I don't blame the teachers , I blame the school. They wana make profit through cost cutting thereby employing quack teachers they would pay 7500-15000 a month. The teacher is even trying; he/she teaches more than the school paid for.

I HATE SCHOOLS with PASSION!
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Caliph69: 8:07am On Mar 11, 2016
princemillla:
I wonder who's guiltier...you or the teacher
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by OboOlora(f): 8:07am On Mar 11, 2016
Buharee finished from this school cheesy
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by ndeyeauwa: 8:10am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:
You've never seen anything yet!. If you know what's going on in the sciences, like; chemistry, physics, you'll cry.

Recently, someone here on Nairaland posted a thread the other day lamenting on how teachers he hired to write the JAMB exams for him failed the exam. LOL!!. A teacher failing his own subject!!. What else do we need to know education in Africa is a big joke?.

This's why we need to revert back to our natural way of learning, i.e studying in our native languages. Asians in the eighties discovered the problem with western education and they made a U-turn, took their destiny in their own hands, and reverted back to their natural way of learning. And since Malaysians, Indonesians, Thai, e.t.c made this decision their fortunes changed, and they sped fast towards development leaving us behind.

Western education isn't made for your own good. It was created at the late 1800 century when colonial powers were under pressure from the African people to leave Africa. But, before leaving, they figured out that if they left us without teaching us their languages they'll not have any means of exploiting us in absentia. Therefore, they made sure they installed their model of education all over Africa, forcing the African people and making it a point for every African school to adopt English or French as a compulsory subject in schools (Rome previously used this as a strategy for destroying culture during their hay days in Europe). When the language of a people is destroyed, their culture will also be destroyed over some hundreds or thousands of years. Get it?. Meaning that our native languages would go into extinction over a hundred or thousands years, and we'll practically become foreigners in our land!!. This way they'll constantly create brainwashed Euro-Afro hybrid elites (neither European nor African in mindset) who act as a conduit for further exploitation of Africa. This's like training a puppy (dog) to behave exactly how you want it to behave.

Ultimately, what western education brings to a people are; first: destruction of language, second: destruction of culture, third: intellectual slavery, fourth: poverty.

The only way we can have true education and development in Africa is to abandon western education and create our own model of education. Same way we abandoned Hollywood movies in the early 90's and created our own movie industry (Nollywood). Yes, we can!!. By the way, the ''wood'' in Nollywood itself is a signature of intellectual slavery, a product of western education.

I grew up researching this topic (pedagogy) without even realizing what I was doing, cause I was born in a library. I've spent years researching this stuff, and literally shed tears the day I realized I' am an educated fool. Then, I began to debrainwash myself.

If I have my way and get a record label that believe in my type of music, I'll change the way education happen in Africa.

Western education is a scam!!!!. It wasn't created for our own good!.

For details, see the part 1 and 2 of this link http://www.africason.com/2015/10/intellectual-slavery-most-dangerous.html

One Billion Likes!!!!!!!
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Diamond69(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2016
I don"t believe the teacher wrote this, it must have been one the pupils fooling around after school. I remember when we used to play teacher and students back then in primary school. i believe it must be the case here judging from the hand writing.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by musicwriter(m): 8:13am On Mar 11, 2016
ndeyeauwa:

One Billion Likes!!!!!!!

Thanks. And, if you have the time go read the given link (part 1 and 2) for in depth explanation.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Johnnoo(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2016
Mscheeeeeew

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by karleone(m): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2016
Adonbilivit. Pishure of the teacher or OP is lying.
That is a child's writing jor.
Op, why will you want to damage the reputation of our dear teachers amidst the sacrifices they make on daily basis?
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by mrphysics(m): 8:22am On Mar 11, 2016
pwettiejay:
The teacher needs to be flogged!

Flogged? What is it was a set up by her kids. What is they just decided to change some words, you know kids like making caricature of things. You may not have experienced teaching a kid something and he or she goes home to tell the parents you taught him or her the wrong thing.

Just trying to think differently and from another view point as others.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by mrphysics(m): 8:22am On Mar 11, 2016
pwettiejay:
The teacher needs to be flogged!

Flogged? What is it was a set up by her kids. What is they just decided to change some words, you know kids like making caricature of things. You may not have experienced teaching a kid something and he or she goes home to tell the parents you taught him or her the wrong thing.

Just trying to think differently and from another view point
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Eberex(m): 8:23am On Mar 11, 2016
What do you expect for 12k a month?
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by linearity: 8:25am On Mar 11, 2016
Pishure of the teacher writing it, with her "certified" certificate that you alluded to, beside him/her, else I donbiliv it.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Awaja(m): 8:29am On Mar 11, 2016
Maybe the same teacher taught some of this present politicians that can't "spoke"good English.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Awaja(m): 8:29am On Mar 11, 2016
Maybe the same teacher taught some of this present politicians that can't "spoke"good English.
No names abeg#
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by 4nobody4every1: 8:30am On Mar 11, 2016
Na wao grin grin
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Hasselbaink: 8:32am On Mar 11, 2016
You don't need anybody to tell you to TOLD her to go cheesy grin
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by odeyinugbolahan(m): 8:35am On Mar 11, 2016
The employer self suppose to be sanctioned by ministry of education cos if you claimed to employed a certified teacher and you pays him/her just 12k monthly! Definately you are one of the master of modern day slavery moreover dint you interview him/her If there was an interview session before d employment then you and the interviewer should be be put behind bars for impacting rubbish into the innocent pupils and denting their future...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Depressed Man Sets His Bsc And NYSC Certificates On Fire / Afe Babalola University Ado-ekiti In Pictures / University Of Uyo Orientation On Fire Extinguishing Goes Wrong (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.