Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,634 members, 7,901,953 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:13 PM

10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians (1595 Views)

Dino Melaye's Blue Shorts NYSC Outfit Got Him Blasted By Nigerians (Photo) / Fayose At Orange FM: Photos And Statements Made / Dr Danfulani's Arrest : See Previous Inciteful Posts By El- Rufai (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by igbokwesampson(m): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
The Nigerian political class and elites out of desperation, regularly over heat the polity with careless utterances and comments that are capable of dividing the nation.
These comments are usually before major elections when the stakes are usually high for who gets what in politics.
Rightly so, these comments were condemned by many political observers, analysts and commentators because of their inciting nature, divisive tendencies and also violent tone.
Most careless and inciting statements are made in political campaign grounds

Enjoy.....

1. Before the 2007 general elections, former president Olusegun Obasanjo while addressing Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members in Abeokuta, Ogun state, on February 10, 2007 said: ”It is left to you to ensure that we elect credible and committed leaders. I commend those of you in the PDP for your efforts so far. I will campaign. This election is a do-or-die affair for me and the PDP. This coming election is a matter of life and death for PDP and Nigeria.”

2. President Muhammadu Buhari while addressing his supporters in the defunct Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) on May 14, 2012 said: ”If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.”

3. Reacting to Buhari’s threat, Asari Dokubo while speaking to Channels Television on September 8, 2013 said:
”2015 is already a settled matter. Goodluck Jonathan would be President in 2015. Whether they contest or they don’t. If they say the blood of the dogs and the baboons will be soaked in the streets, or salt water in the streets, we will help them in blood in the streets.”
4. Former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, while reacting to former president Goodluck Jonathan’s decision to contest the 2011 elections against what he termed the ”zoning policy of the PDP” said: ”Those who make peaceful change impossible will make violent change inevitable.”

5. Alhaji Kaita Lawal, a close associate of Atiku added his voice to the agitation then in a rather threatening tone. He said: ”The North is determined, if it happens, to make the country ungovernable for President Jonathan or any other southerner who finds his way to the seat of power on the platform of the PDP against the principle of the party’s zoning policy.”
6. Senator Shehu Sani, then a civil rights activist in Kaduna, also said: ” President Goodluck Jonathan should not contemplate contesting the 2011 presidential election. Any attempt by him to contest amounts to incitement and a recipe for political instability.”
7. Minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, who was the director general of the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign before the 2015 election said: ”If the 2015 elections are rigged, the party will not recognize the outcome and will go ahead and form a parallel government.”

8. Chief Ralph Uwazurike, leader of the MASSOB, before the 2015 elections, told his supporters: ‘ ‘No Igbo man will become president in Nigeria because the Igbo have no agenda for 2015; Igbos are going nowhere because they have no agenda. The Hausas have agenda, The Yorubas have agenda and even the South south have agenda; that is why they have produced the current president, but the Igbo have none, hence they are going nowhere…nobody has been given pwer free of charge, you must go for power.”

9. Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of IPOB and director of Radio Biafra in far away America in 2015 said: ”We need guns and bullets from you people in America…..on the 22nd of this month something will happen it’s called the blood moon…, in 1967 before the war started there was a blood moon as well and there is blood moon this year because after this year we are going to be free no matter what happens because if we don’t get Biafra, everybody will have to DIE, as simple as that”.

10. Kingsley Kuku, head of the presidential amnesty programme in Jonathan’s government told the US State Department led by the deputy assistant secretary of state (Bureau of African Affairs), Donald Teitelbaum in America, before the 2015 elections: ”There would be dire consequences in the Niger Delta, should Goodluck Jonathan fail to secure a fresh term in 2015. It is only a Jonathan presidency that can guarantee continued peace and energy security in the Niger Delta”.

source:
https://www.naij.com/758371-10-political-statements-shook-nigeria-foundation-since-1999.html

Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by Pheals(f): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy .... Laughing matter tongue
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by Flexherbal(m): 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
These politicians are always looking for gullible youth that will help them achieve their selfish aim.
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by JewelRegi(f): 10:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
Nigerians it's time to have common sense, nobody should instigate u to fight for their selfish reasons.

There is no democracy in Nigeria wht we have is dem-do-crazy[color=#990000][/color] government of selected people by selected people to defraud the masses
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by Blackfire(m): 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
Have u received your 5k?
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by Swissheart(f): 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
No 9 is...... ... #dunno#
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by igbokwesampson(m): 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pheals:
cheesy cheesy cheesy .... Laughing matter tongue

spacebooker, i sight you
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by igbokwesampson(m): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Blackfire:
Have u received your 5k?

not yet sir, plz where are the recieving points as i desperately needs to fuel my Generator
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by Blackfire(m): 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
igbokwesampson:

not yet sir, plz where are the recieving points as i desperately needs to fuel my Generator

citizen's bank
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by Flashh: 11:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
Some are disappointed not seeing Jonathan.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by dearsly(m): 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
as 4 me and my household, we will only serve d lord and take only his words serious!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by okuneddie(m): 1:11am On Mar 11, 2016
if u take politicians serious then u are not serious urself they are all the same.....even though we have the good ones among them but the bad eggs won't let them do what's right...as someone said earlier me with my house will serve the Lord
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 1:28am On Mar 11, 2016
Dogs and Baboon will soak in Blood and they have been soaking in Blood since that day

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by Vicadonis(m): 1:36am On Mar 11, 2016
dogs and baboons
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by igbokwesampson(m): 5:59am On Mar 11, 2016
Thanks boss, guess i will check this morning .
Blackfire:

citizen's bank
Thanks boss, guess i will check this morning .
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by realestworld(m): 6:00am On Mar 11, 2016
I blame the citizens of this country for this.
You wont see any of this idiots children fight for their parents, but they will still give their foolish followers peanut to help them accomplish their evil desire
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by igbokwesampson(m): 6:13am On Mar 11, 2016
realestworld:
I blame the citizens of this country for this.
You wont see any of this idiots children fight for their parents, but they will still give their foolish followers peanut to help them accomplish their evil desire
you got a point brother, imagine the current situation in Rivers State.
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by realestworld(m): 6:19am On Mar 11, 2016
igbokwesampson post: you got a point brother, imagine the current situation in Rivers State.

all their children na frnds abroad and we dey kill ourselves for here.
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by mightyhazel: 6:48am On Mar 11, 2016
We got no leaders in Nigeria,only jobbers!
Imagine what our supposed leaders say in public and at press conferences

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by ThankGodEdeh(m): 7:04am On Mar 11, 2016
The common man go just Carry am for head. These people don't care about us at all.
Re: 10 Most Inciteful Statements Made By Nigerians by seunny4lif(m): 7:28am On Mar 11, 2016
grin
All mouth no action

(1) (Reply)

The Slave Prisons Of The Sokoto Caliphate / Sahara Reporters Publishes Alleged Tinubu Foreign Accounts On Facebook Page / Tinubu Corruption Profile: How He Illegally Cornered 371.1 Billion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.