Stats: 3,197,224 members, 7,964,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:54 AM

5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop (43956 Views)

Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Some Nigerians Need To Drop / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop (2) (3) (4)

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by delightf(f): 9:56am On Mar 11, 2016
nbright:
Igbo's like Yoruba's are very tribalistic
If they re were did you belong to,is when u try toplay other wise with igbo man that's when u ll no ur right nd left
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by SHAIBULIAR: 9:58am On Mar 11, 2016
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by bamite(m): 9:58am On Mar 11, 2016
kettykin:

Is it me that is mixing things up or you that has fails to understand that behind the stereotyping of igbos lies the worst form of hypocrisy that will make hypocrites twinge with fear even with clearly explained instances. Again I am emphasising to you that behind the stereotyping of igbos lies the worst form hypocrisy driven by false patriotism, someone accusing igbos of doing anything for money but closes his eyes to the blatant lootocracy going on in his states and the numerous ritual forests and gardens all littered in his front yard is the height and width of hypocrisy.
If not for complex issues, i see no reason why you lots should feel the need to keep drumming up sentiments over your tribe. There are many other tribes in nigeria living their lives peacefully, but you igbos just can't deal. It's pathetic really.

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Johnsown1(m): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2016
Pls op do u just wake up and start typing rubbish
How can u say that Igbos no thing of but biznes, or that igbo women are light skined. The only tin u wrote here is IGBO are hustlers and there are almost everywhere. Proudly igbo
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by delightf(f): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2016
Ohaneze NDi akam di na Elu

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Rekeb: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2016
menesheh:
Igbos, most hated people in Nigeria by mofo who don't actually know them.

The question is WHY?
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Roses1(f): 10:02am On Mar 11, 2016
did ur ibo sweet love dump u for someone with brain?

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by hensben(m): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2016
South south/niger delta is the best place to live in Nigeria. They are the Nigerians not those three useless tribes.

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by pacoson: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2016
I blame Igbo's that doesn't want to leave that there dirty Lagos for them
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by nijabazaar: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2016
blackpanda:
Abeggi, everybody knows Igbos are slaves to money. Yes, there are a few exceptions but generally a typical igbo man will do anything, absolutely anything and everything, to acquire wealth! grin
including your wealth....Minion.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by delightf(f): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2016
bamite:
If not for complex issues, i see no reason why you lots should feel the need to keep drumming up sentiments over your tribe. There are many other tribes in nigeria living their lives peacefully, but you igbos just can't deal. It's pathetic really.
Taaa close that ur mouth wat did u no u re saying,did you no anything about igbos
Wat other tribe re u saying we re talking abt d 3roots of nigeria Igbo hausa nd yoruba
Yoruba nd hausa dislkie igbos,nd someone said we don't no anything if nt business, who toldhim that,don't you no is an insult to d ohaneze NDi IGBO,him that nos everyting were is him now,you pple shuld talk to igbos with some respect if biafra shuld come now hausa nd yorubas ll still nt be in peace we re too much,when you don't no d history of igbos just close ur mouth,this one now u re saying isthe one u jst hear from gossip ooo so respect the igbo

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by odomanis: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Pls do not confuse issues. All tribes have stereotypes about then, but it is not an excuse for disintegration. So stop spreading hate. The fact that igbos love money, doesnt mean we hate them. They are our brothers and sisters, and infact their love of money can be a plus for the nation. They may love money, but they are also industrious, hardworking, courageous and provide jobs for nigeria's teeming youths.

Nigeria is here to stay!

And you don't love money, right ? Anyway, as you have professed to hate money, may money hate you too. may it never come anywhere close to you. Oya say Amen !

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by nijabazaar: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2016
xxxangel:
Any place you do not find an igbo man please .... .... RUN.!!!!! !

yes oo, cos that place devoid of an Igbo is likely any of these places....

Mars.
Somalia,
Kurdistan
Aghanistan
Northern Mali
On a probe to pluto,
Antartica

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by charlesditro: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2016
23Tunde45:
Igbo again
obviously U can't speak for everyone so I conclude that U personally are nobody.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by delightf(f): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2016
nijabazaar:

including your wealth....Minion.
we re nt slave to. Money, a yoruba man killed his own son cus of money,don't u ever say we re slave tomoney,we re nt.y is yoruba women going from bed to bed even after marriage isit cuz of paper,
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by nbright: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2016
delightf:

If they re were did you belong to,is when u try toplay other wise with igbo man that's when u ll no ur right nd left
I know you guys might find it difficult to believe, but what I say is the truth

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Octaves(m): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2016
yoruba ppl love money as much as igbos, they are just a bit lazier and less ambitious

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by victorazy(m): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Pls do not confuse issues. All tribes have stereotypes about then, but it is not an excuse for disintegration. So stop spreading hate. The fact that igbos love money, doesnt mean we hate them. They are our brothers and sisters, and infact their love of money can be a plus for the nation. They may love money, but they are also industrious, hardworking, courageous and provide jobs for nigeria's teeming youths.

Nigeria is here to stay!

We don't need ur patronage sire.
In Wylef's voice "we don't want no peace, we don't want equal rite but Biafra"

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by flokii: 10:16am On Mar 11, 2016
they should quit 'hating' on others abeg.. no one has time to stereotype anybody

how do you expect to show hate towards people you go to for business & shelter and expect them to love you unconditionally..

plus they have this bad attitude of conversing in their language when they wnt to keep malice and stuffs like that

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by nijabazaar: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2016
kettykin:

The problem in this case does not seem to be igbos but the other tribes who despite this ugly trait of igbos will go ahead to spill the last drop of their inferior hypocritical blood in order to make sure igbos are in the same country with them.

My take is that if someone is accused of being a money worshipper by someone who feels he is not then both parties are at liberty to get away from each other.

Any thing besides this is at best a cover up for hypocrisy and false patriotism. The same Nigerians accused Ghanaians of wrecking their country and organized a Ghana must go campaign. Today it is the igbos you accuse of doing all to make money that is organizing their igbos must leave Nigeria campaign, then I tell you the problem is with you.

Thank you my friend....Nigera let my people GO.....how is it so hard for the Nigeria peoples to understand.

You dont sleep int the same bed with a Mad dirty man, you try whatever to make him leave ur house....

And whenever u have a thread with the noun Igbo, lots of people are sign on, including invisible guests....majority are part of that section in Nigeria where the soup is loose and floating in lipids.....yeah id just paint a stereotype, stick it on me!

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by EmekaBlue(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2016
This article is igbofrans in ur biz district...#ThatsAll
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 11, 2016
Igbos are not popular in Nigeria, they are notorious. Quote me anywhere

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Uncletony(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2016
blackpanda:
Abeggi, everybody knows Igbos are slaves to money. Yes, there are a few exceptions but generally a typical igbo man will do anything, absolutely anything and everything, to acquire wealth! grin

Same way ewedu eaters are slaves to hausa/fulani!
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by mart2k(m): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2016
xxxangel:
Any place you do not find an igbo man please .... .... RUN.!!!!! !
Tell me which place Ibos dey wey u no go find Yorubas there. Just mention one both in Nigeria n outside Nigeria

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by ooshinibos: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2016
sorry , cannot drop these stereotypes , its not a bad thing at all, I love my ibos ...
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by gretblue: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2016
One love ❤ keeps us together.
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Johnsown1(m): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2016
hensben:
South south/niger delta is the best place to live in Nigeria. They are the Nigerians not those thpree useless tribes.
Are you okay at all, did u understand what the discussion is all about or u just want to write sometin
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by victorazy(m): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2016
odomanis:

And you don't love money, right ? Anyway, as you have professed to hate money, may money hate you too. may it never come anywhere close to you. Oya say Amen !
grin grin grin oboy u wicketh
Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Naija9090: 10:22am On Mar 11, 2016
YelloweWest:
Is monalisa chinda igbo?

She is not
She is ikwerre from Rivers state

Go and tell her she not Igbo, and see how she will slap that divisive yoruba in you. I heard one the other day say Okonjo Iweala is not Igbo...she is from SS. LOL!

Ikwerre is Igbo...same language. I understand Ikwerre Igbo than Ebonyi Igbo. Get it!

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by glossy6(f): 10:22am On Mar 11, 2016
blackpanda:

So all those other tribes that get involved in crimes are Igbos abi?

Kontinue dey deceive yourself

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by bamite(m): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2016
delightf:

Taaa close that ur mouth wat did u no u re saying,did you no anything about igbos
Wat other tribe re u saying we re talking abt d 3roots of nigeria Igbo hausa nd yoruba
Yoruba nd hausa dislkie igbos,nd someone said we don't no anything if nt business, who toldhim that,don't you no is an insult to d ohaneze NDi IGBO,him that nos everyting were is him now,you pple shuld talk to igbos with some respect if biafra shuld come now hausa nd yorubas ll still nt be in peace we re too much,when you don't no d history of igbos just close ur mouth,this one now u re saying isthe one u jst hear from gossip ooo so respect the igbo
Lol.. Funny child. What you're suffering from is severe inferiority complex, just like the rest of your tribal folks. What do you even know about biafra that makes you think you have an opinion?

Re: 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop by Igodometusalah: 10:27am On Mar 11, 2016
All Igbos are lightskin? That's some bullish.it mehn. Anybody who thinks all Igbos have lightskin needs their heads examined.

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) / African Script / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian