Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,630 members, 7,941,425 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

Build-up To Reruns In Rivers State; Politics Without Violence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Build-up To Reruns In Rivers State; Politics Without Violence (325 Views)

Strong Harmony In Oyo State Politics / A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) / Meet The Oldest Woman In Obio Akpor, LGA Rivers State. She Is 134 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Build-up To Reruns In Rivers State; Politics Without Violence by KABINET: 5:49am On Mar 11, 2016
Politics should not be a do or die affair; rather, politics should be taken for what it is – service to the people. Political service is a noble task that should require some high degree of intellectualism, and not even an iota of hooliganism. Seeking opportunities for political service should be as honorable as possible. Therefore, we should begin to do issue-based politics, politics of ideology. It is against this backdrop that I am deeply concerned for decency and peace in the forthcoming National Assembly rerun in Rivers State. Nothing should warrant destruction of lives and properties in the process. Nobody’s ambition should be worth the blood of anybody. Politics is the theory and practice of convincing and influencing people; now, do you convince me by killing me? Or do you influence me after you have killed me? We have to be tolerant, because political tolerance is panacea for electoral violence especially in this part of the country.

Kingsley Onwuka

University of Port Harcourt
Re: Build-up To Reruns In Rivers State; Politics Without Violence by HungerBAD: 5:52am On Mar 11, 2016
Even if everybody says no blood..

Wike must take Blood.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Sexist Impeachment: Matters Arising Http:///1tw18jr / 4 Areas To Focus On When Choosing A Hosting Company / Fitted Bed Rooms Ayr UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.