Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,176 members, 7,880,667 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:38 AM

Things You Need To Know About 'interim Joint Matriculation Board' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things You Need To Know About 'interim Joint Matriculation Board' (1050 Views)

Female CRUTECH Student Dies 2 Weeks After Matriculation (Photo) / Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination - Ijmbe / Must Read: [IJMB] All You Need To Know About Interim Joint Matriculation Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Need To Know About 'interim Joint Matriculation Board' by sylvar02(m): 9:42am On Mar 11, 2016
After surfing the net a couple of while myself and after making inquiries from people about this so called I.J.M.B programme before going there myself, I've decided to try as much as possible to shed more light on the 'faqs' concerning IJMB.

A whole lot of Nigerians got introduced to this programme by somebody who's got little or no knowledge of the programme at all. While some even when they know the truth, will not tell as what matters to them is their business as usual.

Have you been wondering what's IJMB all about? Then just sit back and should incase what you really want to know is not mentioned in this post? kindly use the comment box!

1. What does IJMB mean?

IJMB means INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD! with the final exam INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION.

2. What and what are the requirements for IJMB registration?

Ijmb registration does not require much, just your IQ, Your five O'level credits in either WAEC or NECO! And should in case your O'level result is not complete then you can write IJMB O'level also.

3. Is IJMB like normal 100 level?

Yes since the programme is meant to cover your hundred level in any University then you can say it's more like hundred level. Just that the programme is just two semesters and you won't be receiving lectures in main campus as your lectures centers are located in the town.

4. Is IJMB like JAMB?

IJMB is not like JAMB, the only similarity between ijmb and jamb is that they're both been used for admission processing. Else IJMB is advanced and you'll be taught what 100 level students are being taught. Just that you will be receiving lectures on three core subjects and then GNS! Assuming your core subjects are "PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and A'LEVEL MATHEMATICS" and you add GNS making for. But meanwhile the subjects during examination which will exclude GNS are yet being divided into two or three each. i.e you have MATHS 101, MATHS 102, MATHS 103.... CHEM 101, CHEM 102, CHEM 103( alternative to practical) and so with physics.

5 How does IJMB work?

IJMB unlike jamb uses points that range from 5 depending on your grade in each of your three core subjects! Assuming you have A grades in all like your PHYSICS A, CHEMISTRY A, MATHEMATICS A then you have 5 points each with extra one point making 16points which is the highest in IJMB. As far as you don't any "F" grade then automatically you'll be given extra one point.

6. IJMB points with grades

A = 5 points
B = 4 points
C = 3 points
D = 2 points
E = 1 point
F = 0 point

NOTE:

If you have 2 Fs then you'll not be admitted into any university.
If you have 1 F you will not be given any extra point.
If you have 3 As you'll be given automatic admission without post utme to Amadu Bello University Zaria
Your mock exam in your center carries 30% of your final exam so it's really important to participate.

7. When and when can one still register for IJMB

It's never too late to register for IJMB, it all depends on your IQ. I've seen guys register for the programme in January and They actually made their points but it's advisable to register as early as possible.

http://www.lucasbeta.com/2016/03/ijmb-things-you-need-to-know-about.html
Re: Things You Need To Know About 'interim Joint Matriculation Board' by sylvar02(m): 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2016
Re: Things You Need To Know About 'interim Joint Matriculation Board' by coolkattt: 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
Can I register by next month DAT us April? Pls I need reply
Re: Things You Need To Know About 'interim Joint Matriculation Board' by sylvar02(m): 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
coolkattt:
Can I register by next month DAT us April? Pls I need reply

sure u can register. Just lemme know when you're ready.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Winners For The UNIBEN 2015/2016 SUG Elections!!! / Is World Bank /moribund Scholarship 2016 A Scam??? / Mass Dismissal/sack At Landmark University, Omu-aran.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.