Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,085 members, 7,880,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:17 PM

An Anomaly Called Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Anomaly Called Nigeria. (675 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: ''Why I Called Nigeria A Zoo, Threaten War'' / Did You Notice This Anomaly???? / 12.0 Earthquake Anomaly Off West Coast Of Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Anomaly Called Nigeria. by immadosumn: 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2009
Sadly, Nigeria from its conception remains an anomaly. It was conceived as an afterthought, built solely for the economic reality of the day as it relates to the colonizing Brits and their tainted enterprise. Just a brief recap - Lord Lugard (Lord? why?) amalgamated the north and south protectorates in 1914, and our fate was sealed. sad

Think about it for a sec,  The Brits needed to overcome their bureaucratic bottlenecks of doing commerce between both independent protectorates, with the groundnuts and other grains from Sokoto having easy access to the ports in Lagos Colony being at the forefront of the decision to build the first rail line via Ogbomosho to Lagos. Hence this humongous entity was created.

There's no way in hell you could have expected much from an infant country of mostly Africans that were recently introduced to a foreign type of governance ala western democracy in 1960, and teaming with a population running into scores of millions right out of the gate and yet saddled with centuries old ethnic strife and nepotism. Those devious Brits knew this fact and yet, gladly and callously, created Nigeria to fail.

Take the corruption, our dopey elite class and the virtual lack of the rule of law out of the equation and you are still left with an anomaly, sadly. Nigeria is a tainted child from birth and sadly, will have to be destroyed first before she can even have any remote chance at life as most of us that have been privileged to see the world outside Nigeria, have come to know.

I love Nigeria, will always do, but the first opportunity I had, I got rid of that tainted green passport and I thank God I never subjected my kids to being saddled with them either. Until we have the guts to take back the place, destroy it and rebuild it again, in small, functioning wholes, then I'm sorry, everything else is beside the point.

Until we take Nigeria back from the neocolonialist multinational firms doing business in Nigeria, alongside our own preppy-dopey elites and ruling class, break it down in small bits that are manageable according to our capacity for comprehension and get it working for us all, we will sadly remain an anomaly.

(1) (Reply)

Iwu Learn From Mauritania's Election Chief / Fg Reverses Warri Pti Upgrade / Jtf, Ateke Trade Accusations Over Attack On Soboma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.