Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,165 members, 7,946,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27593 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by dROC1: 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2009
waleski:

who else wuld he spend the money on if not his gf?

his family nko?
mother, brother, sisters and younger ones, damn! they're not even married.
family comes first for me till we are man and wife, she could even leave you a couple of months down the line even with your "allowance" but family will always be family.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Like Warren Buffet? Roman Abramovich(owner of Chelsea Football Club)?

like almost any male millionaire that like spreading money on girls. They had a video of a American football player who showered strippers with $100,000 in one night. now tell me whats the big deal about the allowance? I surely didnt tell my friend to give back the 5,000; the man gave it to her happily. some men like doing it, but i dont envy it, it feels better when u earn things urself wink

Listen to song Fancy -The Dream
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
platinumnk:

like almost any male millionaire that like spreading money on girls. They had a video of a American football player who showered strippers with $100,000 in one night. now tell me whats the big deal about the allowance? I surely didnt tell my friend to give back the 5,000; the man gave it to her happily. some men like doing it, but i dont envy it, it feels better when u earn things urself wink

$100K on a stripper per night. If I analyze that correctly, it means he paid for the entertainment he received. That he overpaid is left to him for a final decision. He thought that was how much he'd part with for the fun he had. So tell me, paying an allowance to a girlfriend, as what? I'm not flying in the face of buying gifts whether expensive or cheap, paying for some of her stuffs while you feel you can; but make it an obligation for a guy? Hell nah! Like you said, it feels good for a woman to have her own thing. . . . I respect them a lot.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by uzohenry: 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
I don't think its compulsary but of course ,absolutely necessary .If we pretend not to understand the importance of money in a relationship then we may be unmindfully stepping into troubled water.its like asking if a car needs money for maintenance cos they are like every other assets that require maintenance.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by vikkieb: 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ theseeker, i see ure really seeking, cos this site has even been left to you. the educationist! grin why dont you just go ahead and do watever you like with your poor gurl friend and leave this topic to rest? its really geting boring with your name reappearing every now and then. theseeker theseeker theseeker theseeker, aba! am just one naughty gurl like that who never demands any allowance from any fuckin guy cool but i feel its ok to give not only to your lover but to anyone in need. gurl friends dont av to demand an allowance, but guys must learn to be responsible too. so my final judgement! gurls stop demanding for an allowance!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
SHUT UP! Did I talk to you? Must you mention my name? Nonsense. Don't get me started! Rubbish! grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by bluespice(f): 11:17pm On Jul 21, 2009
worris goin on here?
who's attacking ma bwai ehn?
angry
tongue
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by waleski(m): 11:18pm On Jul 21, 2009
the thing is the girl shuld not make collecting of money compulsory.men want an independent woman who they av 2 even beg 2 collect gifts like my gf,it gives the girl self-worth and an air of dignity.wen the girl wants an allowace or wage it shows she is an elebi.hw was she coping b4 u came along.she has 2 learn 2 find her own way.we are in an ecomomic recession 4 cryin out loud, who needs another burden. undoubtedly the guy shuld give occasonal gifts and stuff but not paying the girl or the girl demanding a fee.it shuld sound demeaning and in the end people wuld say men wicked and uncaring.why wont they, it is hw u present urself that u wuld be addressed.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by vikkieb: 11:19pm On Jul 21, 2009
@theseeker, oh boy!!! u n i know you cant shut nobody up here cos we'r not on the same server wink. nyway am so sorry i didnt know u were talking to yourself when you refered to my post. Am off!aint got no tyme some stuffs lyk dis.i shuld be checking the Autos section lemme see if theres any tear rubber for sale need to change my car u know tongue tongue
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by touchmeder: 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2009
i really dont understand what the fuss is about!!!!!! i dont think there's anything wrong if a girl asks for allowance from her man!!!!!! i mean comm'n!!!!!

no! not for being his girlfriend! but for taking care of her needs!!!!!! wats wrong with that?

this is what i was referring to earlier on.  undecided To the average Nigerian girl this is the norm. very sad
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by N101: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
touchmeder:

i really dont understand what the fuss is about!!!!!! i dont think there's anything wrong if a girl asks for allowance from her man!!!!!! i mean comm'n!!!!!

no! not for being his girlfriend! but for taking care of her needs!!!!!! wats wrong with that?

this is what i was referring to earlier on.  undecided To the average Nigerian girl this is the norm. very sad
If she wants her "needs taken care of" she should get a job.

A man is under no obligation to support a woman who is not his fiancee or wife and who he is simply in a relationship with. 

Any woman who relies on a man "taking care of her needs" is always going to find herself going from relationship to relationship in order to have her "needs" met.  Is that the better alternative, a serial "supported" girlfriend?

At some point she's going to want to be respected - this isn't the way to do it.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by baslone: 12:05am On Jul 22, 2009
Whether she gets a job,rich or not, no amount of money
is ever enough for a girl. Nevertheless, a man has gats
to pay his dues and most do.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 12:15am On Jul 22, 2009
platinumnk:

[glow=purple,2,300]And the men posting, do u think ure better than the super rich men out there? How many girls are hitched up to celebrities just to that the celeb would pay for everything? If u got it flaunt it, if not, dont date the girl grin

I know this girl, who is very beautiful, only child, parents got money blah blah and is spoiled to the brim, not to mention her parents give her everything, but I dont think she has bought anything from her own money in her life, her bf gives her everything, including an allowance.  i go to her closet, everything she pulls out is what he bought her. And they been in a relationship like this for 5 years and plan on getting married.

My point is, the guy obviously like to treat her like that, and she is happy with it. Though it isnt my cup of tea, I repeat, it itsnt my cup of tea, some people are fine with it.
[/glow]

ole, thief, barawo, arm robber, gold digger! angry angry eh what else? undecided undecided undecided

platinumnk:

the strippers are getting paid, they are working for the money, u become a stripper and we will shower u will money, nonsense! angry angry

bluespice:

worris goin on here?
who's attacking ma bwai ehn?
angry
tongue

iya, dont even think i am going to give u any allowance oo angry angry angry
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spindomer: 1:19am On Jul 22, 2009
Nop, nop,
do i look like her father,
@ topic, no way jare,
@TheSeeker , ( 100% correct)!
@sugabelle, ( -101% wrong)
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Magz(m): 1:50am On Jul 22, 2009
I don't think I would give my woman an allowance. It is an age-old rule that a man is not to give money to a woman EVER, unless it is your mother, grandmother or similar elder. Doing so is extremely detrimental to a relation.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by amannivere(m): 2:04am On Jul 22, 2009
true story brethren, a gf of 6months left her guy because she needed 20K and he could not provide it on the day he promised, he pleaded for 2more days saying he had spent all his money on his accidented truck which was undergoing repairs, she simply packed her bags, took the phone she gave him and left his house, not after insulting up to his dead parents in the grave,
this same guy spent N8k the previous week buying just undies for her cos she said she needed a change, infact he is Mr lover original.
See my people, love is giving of oneself,and money seems to be d easiest extension of the self, but then some folks are just plain prodigal, A girl who demands money from a guy puts a claim to her man's time or life, she is demanding what she sees as hers. Really if you say you re her boyfriend,it means u accept her right to your ownership, if she can call ur 'kini' her own, then y cant she claim ur money to be hers too, afterall doesnt ur money belong to u? and do u not belong to her?how can she own ur frienship without d money, haba,
if you get money,give the baabe.if you no get,go borrow,if u no fit borrow,beg her and tell her you still love her with a dry pocket.if she doesnt listen,let her go cos she is a hired killer and not a girlfriend. What if like in the case of my friend she refuses to go?well my friend's gf is claiming 170k as a parting settlement for 6months of sex and one abortion, you go fear fear.well that is what you call hired killer + domestic prostitute = she doesnt say thank you when you send her N400 recharge card cos its too small + she has many politicians and military men as 'uncles'  + she says stuff like "you cant foot my bill"during an argument+she has over 30pairs of shoes and gets a new one cos she likes the color, grin,
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Outstrip(f): 2:42am On Jul 22, 2009
I would be embarrased to even as a man for money. If he can make money why can't I.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Magz(m): 3:17am On Jul 22, 2009
Outstrip, you are a pretty fine lady, based on your profile pic.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 4:04am On Jul 22, 2009
Magz:

Outstrip, you are a pretty fine lady, based on your profile pic.

based on which profile pic? that pic wey dey milky and e no even dey clear, abeg u neva talk wetin dey ur mind, she don marry bros. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Magz(m): 4:23am On Jul 22, 2009
LOL. She looks pretty, man.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 5:44am On Jul 22, 2009
Magz:

LOL. She looks pretty, man.

speak 4 urself sir
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by slimfine(f): 7:30am On Jul 22, 2009
where can I find a guy that would give me allowance? I don't think they exist in the US grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by AloyEmeka9: 7:39am On Jul 22, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Yeah right, on occasions our men should buy us things for example, BIRTHDAYS, CHRISTMAS, EASTER, CHRISTENING CEREMONIES, WEDDINGS, sometime important functions etc, that's normal - not demanding a monthly salary from his very small wage that's absurd and defeats the idea of two people in-love. Unless if you don't love each other then re-classify your relationship as CASUAL in other words:  anything goes but be prepared for the implications of that!!

This girlfriend we are talking about, why can't she find a job, do any job no matter how small it pays and save her dignity instead of pretentiously selling sex to the guy whilst claiming to be a GIRLFRIEND that's wrong. Better show yourself up as a POLE and TABEL dancer rather than pretending to be what you are not 'AN INNOCENT, NICE GIRL' that has not not been touched by any man except him cool cool grin grin grin grin.  At least, the guy would know exactly where he stands, what he's getting and where to find you when next he needs you probably, on the POLE TABLE as simple as that - eeezy pee eeezy.
[/b]
ok cheesy cheesy
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 8:07am On Jul 22, 2009
amannivere:

true story brethren, a gf of 6months left her guy because she needed 20K and he could not provide it on the day he promised, he pleaded for 2more days saying he had spent all his money on his accidented truck which was undergoing repairs, she simply packed her bags, took the phone she gave him and left his house, not after insulting up to his dead parents in the grave,
this same guy spent N8k the previous week buying just undies for her cos she said she needed a change, infact he is Mr lover original.
See my people, love is giving of oneself,and money seems to be d easiest extension of the self, but then some folks are just plain prodigal, [b]A girl who demands money from a guy puts a claim to her man's time or life, she is demanding what she sees as hers. Really if you say you re her boyfriend,it means u accept her right to your ownership, if she can call ur 'kini' her own, then y cant she claim ur money to be hers too, afterall doesnt ur money belong to u? and do u not belong to her?how can she own ur frienship without d money, haba,
if you get money,give the baabe.if you no get,go borrow,if u no fit borrow,beg her and tell her you still love her with a dry pocke[/b]t.if she doesnt listen,let her go cos she is a hired killer and not a girlfriend. What if like in the case of my friend she refuses to go?well my friend's gf is claiming 170k as a parting settlement for 6months of sex and one abortion, you go fear fear.well that is what you call hired killer + domestic prostitute = she doesnt say thank you when you send her N400 recharge card cos its too small + she has many politicians and military men as 'uncles'  + she says stuff like "you cant foot my bill"during an argument+she has over 30pairs of shoes and gets a new one cos she likes the color, grin,
Your friend's story is funny. He was involved with a prostitute but an in-house prostitute. As for those things you said, a woman doesn't own me and I don't own her. There's a difference in belonging and owning. We belong to each other but neither owns the other. Heck, your parent don't even own you. You are always on your own. No one controls you unless you make your decision. You own a toy that's why you do whatever you want with it. You own a dog so you command it. Do you get it now? So if she doesn't own a guy, how does she own the money? This is M.O.N.E.Y. we're talking about here . . . spend it wisely or it'll leave you in a flash.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2009
vikkieb:

@theseeker, oh boy!!! u n i know you cant shut nobody up here cos we'r not on the same server wink. nyway am so sorry i didnt know u were talking to yourself when you refered to my post. Am off!aint got no tyme some stuffs lyk dis.i shuld be checking the Autos section lemme see if theres any tear rubber for sale need to change my car u know tongue tongue
Oh yes, you can shut up to my posts or go blind to them. And who told you I have a poor girlfriend anyways? Next time when you want to open spread your itchy fingers and type, watch what you type. Remember a key word, "caution". You need yourself a new car online? Hahaha, shows how loaded you are. Why don't you just walk into a shop and buy it? Birdbrain.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 8:32am On Jul 22, 2009
slimfine:

where can I find a guy that would give me allowance? I don't think they exist in the US grin

i will give u allowance after u given allowance too
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by seyenko(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2009
A gal friend needs to have some allowance even if she's working. Women like money so they equate having their bfs money in their kitty to love
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by galatico(m): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2009
What? Pay my Girl friend allowance that's bullshit, Although that's what most Girls do these days they tend to look at and see how much you can give them, before they go into a relationship without the money they will just flee, Money isn't love, rather the feeling is what matters,
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2009
seyenko:

A gal friend needs to have some allowance even if she's working. Women like money so they equate having their bfs money in their kitty to love

then pack ur load and run from such women
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by chibaby5(f): 10:12am On Jul 22, 2009
@topic

Nope! ! !! dnt even lyk guyz spendin money on me. . . . .nahhhhhhhh. . .
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by otunoba1(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2009
chi-baby:

@topic

uhmmm !!! chi-baby, no be lie 9ja gurl

@ the seeker, must say u've gat great analytical skills, can i get ur mail addy, gat issues 'll lyk u to help with, hit me bak. 9ce 1
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2009
chi-baby:

@topic

story! na 2day!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerians Describe Their Exes With A Nigerian Food (Video) / Lady Reveals Why She Married Her Old White Husband, People React / 'Why Men Have Every Right To Cheat On Their Women' – Nigerian Man (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.