Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,777 members, 7,879,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:15 PM

Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance (4200 Views)

Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) / Luggage Charge Leaves Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airport / Attn: Canadian Student Visa Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by gammaroe: 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2009
hi nairalanders,

i am hoping you can help advise here, i am travelling with airfrance next month and on the ticket coupon indicates that a total of 32kg from two baggages is the free allowance.

my question is if anyone in the house has any ideal of what it costs for extra kilos, because my things just might exceed 32 kg a little,

then another is this: does the hand luggage count differently, also the handbag?

please advise extensively, even answers for which i havent asked questions.

thanks, i anticipate your trustworthy answers and advices.
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by kadman(m): 12:02am On Jul 19, 2009
Hi no it's not a total os 32KG,it is 32KG from each box which makes it a total o 64KG, the extra fee is £40. . If coming from UK

Yes,hand luaggage is seprate but a max of 12KG, it can be very heavy,but should not be bulky as it must fit into prototype container they will show you.

I love Air France !
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 19, 2009
You didn't say where you are going but generally from Lagos to Europe in economy class, it's  2 baggage items of maximum 23 kg each

If an item weighs between 23 kg and 32 kg (don't think any major airline will allow you exceed 32kg even if you are are willing to pay), a one-off charge of 50USD will be applied to each bag  between 23kg and 32kg.

23kg is same as 50 Ibs

You could check their website for more info
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by gammaroe: 7:48am On Jul 19, 2009
Thanks kadman, Thanks wwheelz. God bless u. I'm going to london. But i'll call them if the call goes through.

I tried them before coming on nairaland,

But i really hope it's 32kg each ooo, besides the hand luggage which can be 12kg.

God bless you both. Thank you!
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by raylabel: 9:08am On Jul 19, 2009
Point of correction:

1. An economy class passenger is entitled to two luggages of 23kg each while a business or first class passenger is entitled to 2 luggages of 32kg each.

2. All passengers are allowed entry into the plane with luggage not exceeding 12kg and must not be bulky. eg. laptops etc

3. As an economy passenger if either of your luggage weighs between 23kg and 32kg, you will be charged 50 euros flat fee for the excess.

4. If your luggage weighs above 32kg, you WILL PAY 30euros per extra kilogramme.
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 19, 2009
Why are we all quick to assume everybody travels economy class.
The guys is probably on business class which is why the ticket coupon says 32kg.
People get pepper for naija nahhhh
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 19, 2009
@poster, you have to answer a few questions:

first is are you traveling business and second is where do you travel from?
if you fly business the weight allowance is greater than economy so you are in luck BUT depending on where you traveling from, it could be a PIECE CONCEPT or WEIGHT CONCEPT.
PIECE CONCEPT: you can take 2baggages each weighing the allowed 32kg
[b]WEIGHT CONCEPT: [/b]you can take as many baggages as you wish as long as the total weight dont go over the allowed 32kg.

also remember that if you are a "fequence plus" card holder (blue or red) then you will have some more flexibilty for the allowance and excess luggage.

check on your ticket to make sure of which one it is. it should either say PC or WC.
also you have to look at what the weight allowance is on the longer route so if you have a Manchester-Paris-Lagos flight, you have to look at what the weight allowance is on the PARIS to LAGOS ticket not the Manchester to Paris

as for the excess luggage, the fee is astronomical and you should probably send it by DHL/EMS as it cost way cheaper like that than as excess luggage.
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by gammaroe: 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2009
@all,

i'm travelling on economy class oo. il call their office tmr to be very sure cuz i definitely see an indicated 32kg, and that i'm allowed 2 baggages, what i do not know is if both baggages must amount to 32kg.

and then, do they just charge for excess luggage as a whole or per each added kg?

thanks for your answers, il at least know the many questions to ask whoever i speak to tommorrow because i'm getting different answers but i appreciate it nonetheless!!!

thanks
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 20, 2009
gammaroe:

@all,
i'm travelling on economy class oo. il call their office tmr to be very sure cuz i definitely see an indicated 32kg, and that i'm allowed 2 baggages, what i do not know is if both baggages must amount to 32kg.
and then, do they just charge for excess luggage as a whole or per each added kg?
thanks for your answers, il at least know the many questions to ask whoever i speak to tommorrow because i'm getting different answers but i appreciate it nonetheless!!!
thanks

excess luggage is PER EXTRA KILO so if the rate is 30$ like a previous poster said then 10kilos extra would be 300$ (definitely a rip off).
you didnt say where you are traveling from? coming from the US the weight allowance is different than coming from Europe.
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by kadman(m): 11:50am On Jul 21, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

excess luggage is PER EXTRA KILO so if the rate is 30$ like a previous poster said then 10kilos extra would be 300$ (definitely a rip off).
you didnt say where you are traveling from? coming from the US the weight allowance is different than coming from Europe.

With Air France,I can confirm that is NOT true
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2009
kadman:

With Air France,I can confirm that is NOT true

can you be more specific in what you are talking about, i made 2 statements?
Re: Attn: Extra Luggage With Airfrance by Oloks(m): 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2009
Not saying it in bad faith,

But at times it is always better to get the correct information yourself, where available

The least you can do is either to visit Airfrance website site or at most give them a call, hence you will get the correct information. Not just depending on conflicting info,

Make it a habit, it helps at times

(1) (Reply)

Canada Vs America Or Uk / Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport / Heartbreaking: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.