Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,091 members, 7,896,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:04 PM

Abeg Make Una Help Me Judge This Matter - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abeg Make Una Help Me Judge This Matter (609 Views)

You Will Feel Secured And A Proud Client Of Our Company No Matter Your Budget / My People Una Don Hear Say.... Aluminium Roof Tiles Lovers Make Una Chop Knuckle / Hehehe!! Better Don Land Una Doormot (pics Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abeg Make Una Help Me Judge This Matter by lantres000(m): 12:43am On Mar 12, 2016
I was deployed to PH recently to fill in for one of our staffs who resigned, pending when they get his replacement.
So by default I took over the apartment our company rented. Out of the blue some lady showed up and told me she is the landlord's wife and that the rent is due, so I contacted the former occupant and he told me that I should do a Mail to HR and inform them and then they will make a check in the ladies name.
That was taken care of and then I made two photo copies of the check and asked Mrs landlady to sign on both, stating she has received the check, and I took one copy.
Out of the blue my nairaland brothers some dude showed up and said my rent was due and I was quick to tell him that ur wife has received the rent and showed him the photo copy. Oga told me that he was out of town and the lady I paid to was actually his wife but they separated and that he is surprised she had the heart to come collect rent. I told this guy that this is my companies second year here and we had paid the former to her too. He started ranting that I should find a way to retrieve my money from the lady and give to him.

My Next move is to take this freak to the police, but am just posting this to know where I have gone wrong.

Front page will be an added advantage so I can get much feeds from property consultants

Cheers guys
Re: Abeg Make Una Help Me Judge This Matter by immortalcrown(m): 1:18am On Mar 12, 2016
Honestly, the apartment is in dispute and until its real owner is identified, whoever pays for the apartment does so at his own risk. Whoever rented the apartment for your former co-worker should tell you who acted as the house owner then.

1 Like

Re: Abeg Make Una Help Me Judge This Matter by ephemm(m): 1:44am On Mar 12, 2016
If you have proof that the previous rent which just expired was paid to this lady in the manner you paid this, you have no problem.

They are "separated", not "divorced"

They should not "settle" their domestic issue "on your head".
Re: Abeg Make Una Help Me Judge This Matter by ladyF(f): 1:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: Abeg Make Una Help Me Judge This Matter by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 12, 2016
This is easy if over here.

Per the rental contract, who is the entity that rent is to be paid to? Did you pay to that person?
Re: Abeg Make Una Help Me Judge This Matter by lantres000(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
ephemm:
If you have proof that the previous rent which just expired was paid to this lady in the manner you paid this, you have no problem.

They are "separated", not "divorced"

They should not "settle" their domestic issue "on your head".

Of course the last payment was a check made to the ladies name also

(1) (Reply)

PICS: 4sale Tenement Building Facing Main Road At Poly Road Along Eleyele Ibadan / PHCN/EKO Distribution Coy Needs To Explain These Different Charges In A Month / Shops For Sale around Isheri Roundabout, Lagos. 09034827726

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.