Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,404 members, 7,978,281 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:56 AM

Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) (31910 Views)

IGP Idris Visits Abia State, Receives Made-In-Aba Good From Ikpeazu (Photos) / Oshiomhole, Obaseki, In Traditional Outfits As Osinbajo Arrives Benin Airport / Bukola Saraki Receives Mikel Obi In Abuja (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by anthonyirekpita(m): 9:41am On Mar 12, 2016
Not by giving him Is problem! D question Is will they Encourage the locally made product of 9ja?
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by cnsprince76: 9:42am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:
Aba want to take over everything...

I REGRETTED BUYING AN ABA SHOE LAST WEEK... I WORE THE SHOE TWICE, I HAD TO DUMP IT BECAUSE THE SURFACE WAS PEELING UP AND IT WAS TEARING....... IF YOU SEE THE WAY THE SHOE BEND GO ONE SIDE..........

I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND TO PATRONISE FOREIGN MADE SHOES BECAUSE IT IS MORE DURABLE AND CAN STAND THE TEST OF TIME.......

OKRIKA SHOE ROCKS.........

ABA BOYS ARE STILL FAR FROM MAKING GOOD SHOES.

You can't buy a cheap product and expect the services of a quality one. I use Aba shoes and they serve me very well. After all, China products are also foreign!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 9:48am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

I REGRETTED BUYING AN ABA SHOE LAST WEEK... I WORE THE SHOE TWICE, I HAD TO DUMP IT BECAUSE THE SURFACE WAS PEELING UP AND IT WAS TEARING....... IF YOU SEE THE WAY THE SHOE BEND GO ONE SIDE..........

I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND TO PATRONISE FOREIGN MADE SHOES BECAUSE IT IS MORE DURABLE AND CAN STAND THE TEST OF TIME.......

You only cut corners. Go for quality products, whether made locally or not, it will last. You can't buy a shoe of N545 and expect to use it for life na.. undecided
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 9:50am On Mar 12, 2016
cnsprince76:

You can't buy a cheap product and expect the services of a quality one. I use Aba shoes and they serve me very well. After all, China products are also foreign!

Don't mind that mallam.. Can't you see that he adores rarely used aka okrika? The useless Nigerian mentality goes thus, family used lasts better than new one. Then they go buy family used tire for their vehicles and once it explodes, Aba will take the blame..

1 Like

Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 9:51am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

I've been seeing many made in Nigeria shoes worm by friends lately, especially those lovely tassel loafers etc, And I've seen this guy who is making Italian standard quality shoes in Ibadan I can't remember his name.

The problem still comes down to the quality of leather, so many of the textile and leather processing industries across the North and SE have died.

I personally don't buy dress shoes unless they are quality leather upper and sole.

ABA made rocks. #buynaija

1 Like

Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by abysirius(m): 9:53am On Mar 12, 2016
But it has no number yet. Na for prison he go wear am.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 9:54am On Mar 12, 2016
ogashman:
until we discard the"foreign made" mentality and start buying locally made goods, we will still be far from development n building our economy.
wen these local entrepreneurs re patronised,it is only then that their businesses can blossom n flourish.they may not even ve to wait for govt loans anymore cos they re already self sufficient.

What you posted can't be achieved when we have so much liars with this kind of mentality...

mallamseifaldin:

Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 9:57am On Mar 12, 2016
slap1:

I have a bespoke shoe made in Aba. It's been over six years and I've not repaired it. I decided to drop it just for the sake of getting something new. I've lost count of the foreign shoes I've used and dropped in that timeframe.

There are shoe-makers who make 6k shoes in Aba. When you buy from those who sell for 2k, it's not the same result.

He bought that of #545 and not even 2k
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 10:00am On Mar 12, 2016
petemancini:
This is what I don't like. Politicians have taken over the made in Nigeria initiative, sad thing is, the will not buy these products for essential use only for show and media propaganda

A lot of what we are trying to resolve still would not help our situation. The Senate President had on a babariga when the pic was taken, so him promoting made in Aba cloths does not address the true crime in that particular industry which is the over importation of cheap China made fabrics.

We need to address the death of the northern textile industry, GEJ "invested" in it but nothing came of that (notice I used quotation marks for invested as there is no proof the money was not poorly managed and misappropriated)

We need to ensure that items leaving Nigeria has as much value added before it leaves our borders, I've read so much of NL who invest in poultry and agriculture but it is sad to still hear of wicked Nigerians importing chicken usually substandard and foul of NAFDAC. Those people I call wicked Nigerians and the enemies of progress.

Made is Nigeria is pointless if the material is imported.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

Aba or China shoe? Mind u there are more China products in the market than aba
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by Chukazu: 10:01am On Mar 12, 2016
Guk:

Made in Nigeria or Sewn in Nigeria

95% Imported; 5% Local.
Imported Material
Imported Buttons
Imported Thread
Imported Sewing Machine
Imported Embroidery machine
Imported Iron
Local tailoring skill
Local Starch

Who's fooling Who??

the likes of Cambodia, Sri Lanka,Bangladesh Burma and a host of South East Asia Pacific, thrive on garment industry.

most of NIKE and Adidas wares, Wranglers,Mark and Spencers are made in those with same imported materials you have listed. seriously where do you expect them to source those things... from this same country that can't produce ordinary "toothpick?" must be kidding.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by forgiveness: 10:09am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

You sure say no be China shoe you buy? Check am well or post am make i see to confirm am.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by uchwar1: 10:17am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

Saddist
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by Fadekebisola(f): 10:21am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

HATER SPOTTED....U DONT NEED TO BE IGBO TO PATRONISE THEM
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by otiigba1(m): 10:33am On Mar 12, 2016
petemancini:
This is what I don't like. Politicians have taken over the made in Nigeria initiative, sad thing is, the will not buy these products for essential use only for show and media propaganda
precisely! I am sure i have seen these men in oxford street London shopping in a gucci shop. It's all propaganda! You would not catch wearing made in nigeria clothings
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by maiTurawa(m): 10:35am On Mar 12, 2016
SARAKI WILL NOT WEAR THA MULTI-COLOUR LION CLOTHES
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by bobchigar(m): 10:43am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

You must be referrng to fake Aba shoes. Try original Aba shoes, you will not regret.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by matrix75: 10:48am On Mar 12, 2016
I hope the fabric is made in Nigeria
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by xreal: 10:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Destined2win:
Right here in Lagos, I am seriously searching for the kind of tailors that I saw in Aba. Anytime I wear the clothing the made for me over there, people admire them so much. And the best is, the money they charge won't drain your pocket.

You are right. I met a Youth Corp member serving here, he is also a tailor. He schooled and learnt tailoring in Aba.

Though, his style is Igboish and english. But, he is a wizard in tailoring.
He told me he wasn't as good as an average Aba tailor, I can't imagine how good an average Aba tailor will be.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:57am On Mar 12, 2016
ogaontop:
LETS PROMOTE ND SUPPORT MADE IN NIGERIA, THATS HOW WE WILL GROW ND BE IMPORT INDEPENDENT!

Our purchasing power is not even that much.

Instead, what we should aim to do is H-export...
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 12, 2016
kelvin7891:
I love made in Nigeria products
are u sincere.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:58am On Mar 12, 2016
xreal:

You are right. I met a Youth Corp member serving here, he is also a tailor. He schooled and learnt tailoring in Aba.

Though, his style is Igboish and english. But, he is a wizard in tailoring.
He told me he wasn't as good as an average Aba tailor, I can't imagine how good an average Aba tailor will be.

Lol, what's that! cheesy
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by xreal: 11:15am On Mar 12, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

Lol, what's that! cheesy

grin dat's the best way I could describe the style, no mind me.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by feldido(m): 11:23am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

Guy do you know those shoes you buy as Italian shoes in Mandilas and Balogun are made in Aba?

It seems you bought the road side shoes.
Trust me, Made in Naira shoes rock.

I've been rocking the one I bought in Balogun 2012 till today an you'll not belive it was made in Naija.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by rhozaay(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2016
that won't prevent prison
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by oladefirst2(m): 11:27am On Mar 12, 2016
Deceptive senators who in their gullible state of mind thinks we, the electorate can fall into their cheap propaganda and unfollowed pictures on media. These people will be displaying pictures of goods that at the end of the day ,it would useless by deserting it or dispense to others. They wouldn't wear it but just to deceive gullible Nigerians. Senators are set of mediocre.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by otil1: 11:35am On Mar 12, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

Your very first statement (in bold) gave you away.

You problem is jealousy.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by NifemiOlu(m): 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
Saraki has gone on Twitter and said he paid for the stuff; not a gift.
So much for Nairaland and source. Nonsense.
Some of us compose our own topics but for it to enter FP, it must be sourced.
Cc Seun

Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by airforcee007: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
Destined2win:
Right here in Lagos, I am seriously searching for the kind of tailors that I saw in Aba. Anytime I wear the clothing the made for me over there, people admire them so much. And the best is, the money they charge won't drain your pocket.
I make such wears, bro. I am equally pocket friendly
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by Greg007(m): 12:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
Destined2win:

Aba is the best place for any thin clothing. Its very cheap, any very nice.
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by danasjoe1: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
petemancini:
God bless you,you are not far from the truth..
Re: Saraki Receives Made-in-nigeria Trendy Outfits As Gift (Photos) by 4nobody4every1: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
wawaboy1:

L-I-E-S
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) / Boko Haram Is In South West, More Churches, Mosques Next Targets – Muric / Meet Olubunmi Adelugba, Ekiti's First Female Speaker (Full Profile)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.