Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,309 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:11 PM

Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday (755 Views)

Dino Melaye Wore Academic Gown To Senate Plenary Today (Photos) / Saraki Wears Made-In-Aba Clothes To Senate Session. Pics / Senate Won't Disclose #Thelist Until Plenary On Tuesday - Saraki (2) (3) (4)

Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday by winningwinner(m): 8:24am On Mar 12, 2016
SENATE President, Bukola Saraki, yesterday,hinted that he would wear made-in-Aba materials to the Senate plenary on Wednesday.

This came on the heels of his call to Nigerians to support local entrepreneurs by patronising locally made products,saying the country’s economy can only grow through such action.

Saraki spoke when the Chief Executive Officer of Adic Designs Limited, Mr. Adiele Ekeke, presented to him 29 locally made fabrics which the Senate President ordered when he inspected the stalls of the participants at the Made in Aba Trade Fair, held in Abuja recently.

The Senate President, said he was happy that the Public Procurement Act was in the process of being amended to encourage Nigerian industries through the purchase of locally produced goods.

After receiving the 29 Made-In-Nigeria fabrics designed for him, the Senate President said he would spread the message to all his colleagues in both chambers to begin to patronise made in Nigeria products.

“On a serious note, we must all work together to help our local industries. A lot of people laugh about it, but it is a serious matter. I think that we should be very committed,” Saraki said, while adding that “‎this is how other countries started and and have been able to succeed. So let us join hands in supporting our own entrepreneurs.”

Saraki recalled that a few weeks back he joined Senator Eyinnaya Abaribe to attend the Made-In-Aba Trade Fair in Abuja.

He added: “We went round, looked at some of the products being made by Nigerians and we made a commitment then that we will definitely support the patronage of Made-In-Nigeria products by all.

“This might look like a small step in our action but it is very symbolic and we truly believe that it is time for us to drive our economy, stimulate jobs by encouraging and supporting our indigenous manufacturers.

“I have said that the National Assembly will support locally produced items from garments, wears and cars. I am also happy that the Public Procurement Act is in the process of being amended. It has gone through first reading and we hope that next week we will take the second reading,” he said.

He urged the Senate Committee on Trade and Investment to step up its oversight activities to ensure that most of the close to N4 trillion earmarked for expenditure by the Federal Government in the 2016 budget was spent to support local industries, “whether it is retail products, cars or technology and it will help a lot of our young people who are looking for jobs.”

He specifically promised to wear the clothes supplied to him from Aba to plenary next week Wednesday.

[http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/saraki-to-wear-made-in-aba-clothes-to-senate-plenary-wednesday/

Re: Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday by winningwinner(m): 8:26am On Mar 12, 2016
Naija re-awakening!
Re: Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday by Destined2win: 8:32am On Mar 12, 2016
Right here in Lagos, I am seriously searching for the kind of tailors that I saw in Aba. Anytime I wear the clothing the made for me over there, people admire them so much. And the best is, the money they charge won't drain your pocket.

Re: Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday by overhypedsteve(m): 8:36am On Mar 12, 2016
If he continue like that I will no longer despise him and his yeye senators.
Re: Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday by popesam1(m): 8:46am On Mar 12, 2016
He should continue to buy naija product not only this cloth #buynaijatogrownaira

Re: Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday by winningwinner(m): 10:54am On Mar 12, 2016
Destined2win:
Right here in Lagos, I am seriously searching for the kind of tailors that I saw in Aba. Anytime I wear the clothing the made for me over there, people admire them so much. And the best is, the money they charge won't drain your pocket.

Hmmmmm!

Re: Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday by emzila(m): 11:00am On Mar 12, 2016
ASKING FOR THEIR SUPPORT IN HIS CRIMINAL CASE.
HE KNOWS THEY ARE GOOD AT THAT. IPOD, it is time to support your own son, Chukwuma Bukola Saraki against this WITCH HUNT called false asset declaration.

Re: Saraki To Wear Made-in-aba Clothes To Senate Plenary On Wednesday by winningwinner(m): 11:24am On Mar 12, 2016
emzila:
ASKING FOR THEIR SUPPORT IN HIS CRIMINAL CASE.
HE KNOWS THEY ARE GOOD AT THAT. IPOD, it is time to support your own son, Chukwuma Bukola Saraki against this WITCH HUNT called false asset declaration.

Chai! You no go kill person here ooooh!!!

10 Women Who Could Be Nigerian President / Former Gov. Amaechi Currently On Air At Nig Info 92.3fm Port Harcourt / Salient Thoughts On The Rivers Monorail