Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,558 members, 7,921,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:18 PM

Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? (10415 Views)

Please Help, I Have Not Been Sleeping Well, My Mind Is Not At Rest. / Ladies I Have A QUESTION: What Will You Do If You Had A PEN!S For A Day? / Question: What Do You Call Your Private Part When You Are With Your Bf Or Gf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
Honestly, this question is tricky. I would say no organ in the body actually rests at all on a micro cellular level.

But, back to your question. Class has just began:Human physiology 101.

Both can rest. Both cannot rest. Our organs are designed such that certain parts rest, while the other parts keep working. Sort of like a tag team type of thing. Both organ work in tandem.

The heart can rest, only one chamber at a time and only for a mili-second. If all chambers of the heart rest at one time, that is called cardiac arrest--and this is not good. Generally, if it can be reversed (early to avoid permanent cardiac tissue death), then the heart and brain can be salvaged. If heart rests for too long (cardiac arrest) and goes into cardiac death-->the longer the blood supply to brain is cut off --> the worse the brain damage--> if irreversible --> brain dead--> universal medical definition of dead.

The brain can rest too, only one neuron or neural network or part of brain at a time. While there are certain parts that are more active at night, there are parts that are less active or rests.

To declare a person dead, you need two things: brain dead and irreversible circulatory/respiratory function. Brain only dies when the heart has stopped supplying blood/oxygen and/or the lungs has stopped giving it oxygen. The lungs stops giving oxygen when the heart stops giving it blood or the lung itself has lost its capacity to receive blood, oxygen or pass it along to the heart.

Take home lesson: no organ actually rests on a microcellular level. If they do rest on a macro cellular level, it is one part/cell at a time, otherwise if your whole organ rests at one time, that would be definition of organ failure--Not Good.

Professor Xia. smiley
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by loverprince(m): 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
The heart...... then what about the pulse?
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by loverprince(m): 11:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
undecided
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by Oyebee91(m): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
donbenedict:
Lol the brain shuts down...

Those sayin brain r just not exposed to anatomy.

Once d heart stops, boy ur so gone grin
and what do you think you know? Heart stops for a while whenever we sneeze! !!!
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by Ginaz(f): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
I think the heart is more vital. Someone can sustain brain damage , still be in comma and be treated on pending when the brain will come to consciousness.

The heart controls all the vital organs. It pumps blood, if there is no blood then no organ can survive, it would crushed down. The heart supplies the brain blood, so if the heart is gone the brain is gone as well.

The body can survive with a heart than a brain. When the brain is damaged someone can still be alive through blood the heart pumps. But when the heart dies, everything dies.

Note: for example Michael Jackson, he had cardiac arrest, he was surrounded by best medical doctors yet they were unable to savage the heart to keep it under control. So he died and was pronounced dead

Note: Whitney Houston's daughter (I've forgotten the name) suffered irreversible brain damaged but doctors were able to attend to the situation by keeping her body alive for weeks before they came to the conclusion to take her off life support. If they didn't take her off life support, she would still be alive though brain dead.

I'm not a medical student though, it's from pure observation of the human body. The heart is the home.
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 15, 2017
nsiazu:
Let's See Those Who Are Very Smart In BIOLOGY.
A student is asking, Which part of the organ never rests (A) Eye (B) Nose (C) Heart (D) Brain (E) Penis (F) Vagina
Please Be Sincere, What Is The Correct Answer Drop Your Answers, Let's See Which Option Wins...

probably the heart.

although for some girls its theirs vagina

for me its my errm........

wait were that soap sef

Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by Derushah(f): 6:04am On Nov 07, 2017
No organ takes a complete rest especially your brain and your heart. In the sense that your brain can't function without your heart and vice versa.
The brain (medulla oblongata)controls the beating action of the heart (systole and diastole) which results into the pumping of blood.
The heart also pumps blood to the brain in order to function because the blood carries oxygen,food nutrient,etc to enable great performance.
Facts: The brain is more active when you are asleep . The brain controls every action in the body,muscles,processes and other organs in the body.
Therefore if the brain doesn't rest then no organ rests as well.

You can be alive if your heart stops functioning, but your brain no way.
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by nsiazu: 9:20am On Nov 24, 2017
oloyolo:

probably the heart.
although for some girls its theirs vagina
for me its my errm........
wait were that soap sef
lol
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by hanassholesolo: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2017
adegeye38:
If d hearts stops for sometime u might still live tru CPR or defibrillators to jump start d heart into beating, but once ur brain rests or stop working, u are dead, it means brain dead, d brain is d most active part of the body, it even works more wen we are asleep

while a patient is in a Coma, is the brain still fuctional? i think the answer should be brain because you can use a machine to keep someone with a faulty hear alive but when the brain shuts down, there's no known machine that can replicate the brains functions.

1 Like

Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by DaddyKross: 9:25am On Nov 24, 2017

The heart

Because many people don't have brain, especially here on Nairaland. They don't have brain and they are still alive, so it's heart sad

1 Like

Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by adegeye38(m): 10:04am On Nov 24, 2017
hanassholesolo:

why a patient is in a Coma, is the brain still fuctional? i think the answer should be brain because you can use a machine to keep someone with a faulty hear alive but when the brain shuts down, there's no known machine that can replicate the brains functions.
we are both saying the same thing
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by hanassholesolo: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2017
adegeye38:

we are both saying the same thing

Yeah, I was only agreeing with you.
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by Yaboski: 11:57am On Nov 24, 2017
Is the hart it keep working from birth point to death point
Re: Question: What Part Of The Human Organ Never Rest? by rhelis: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
The brain,because the brain tells all the sense organs what happens in the body continuously.
check out our durable, and long lasting products and also bargain online.
visit https://rhelis.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why This Strange Behaviour From Ladies? / Dad Flock Her Daughter With Belt After She Posted A Twerk Video On Her Whatsapp / Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.