Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,110 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? (38884 Views)

12 Ways To Make Up With Your Girlfriend And Show Her You Truly Care / 10 Commandments Every Girlfriend And Wife Need To Follow During The World Cup / Nigerian Men Are Hardworking, Respectful And Don't Cheat' - Ghanaian Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ibkgab001: 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
If you buy the whole world for Tinu she will still be looking like an escaped goat always asking for more .. Greedy type
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by kaboninc(m): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
lastpage:

Stop portraying women as "objects of easy virtue".
Even that phrase, "spend on her"... is derogatory! Any woman worth her salt, aside the broke-azz, material-minded ones, know what l am talking about.

My junior sister had a boyfriend (which she later married) but she insists that he cannot give her gifts worth more than she can give him... till they are married. Material things was never a factor in deciding if they would get married or not.
Infact, my sister likes to spoil him and the guy sef dey do shakara as he would refuse anything worth more than 5K from her.
He once asked her to return a birthday Wrist Watch that cost about 10K back then in 2001 ...unless she would agree that he re-imburse her.
Eventually they shared the cost between themselves....... and he found a way to spend the other half on her later.
That is how to build healthy relationship were one party is not a slave to the other.

That way, even if they broke up, he can never boast of "spending my money on her" (which is what and where it ends most time with guys), he can never regret "wasting his money on her", he can never have any sort of "hold" on her, plus it makes her walk wit her head high (dignity) and the guy knows she is with her, not for his money.

No wonder Nigerian girls dont want to go out with a poor, struggling guy.
Reminds me of Monica (Money and Car! )

On the other hand, we all preach emancipation of women, equality, respect, bla-bla-bla. How owuld a man respect you, if he already 'bought" you like a slave? angry angry
Why not flip things around and say "You are not with a Man/He is not your Man, ..if you cant spend money on him"?
See how ridiculous that sounds?

Relationships that are based on "how much you have to spend on me" are bound to make the receiving party (the woman) have LESS VALUED in the eyes of the one doing the paying (the guy).

I would rather we emphasize "SHARING" between Lovers

Come and see how my sister's husband respects her so much, even till today!

Well, l can understand for women from extremely poor background who see a Boyfriend as a "Meal Ticket" and ladder to good things of life!
"Gold-Digger" is a very, very bad insult for a woman.
God punish Poverty and lack of Dignity.

Lastpage!

LastPage!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Excellent!

3 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by olac21(m): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
repogirl:
Tahh! Shattap dia osiso, how much kobo do you have in your acct. dat you are making a noise?

Big boys don't make noise! All they say is 'Bebe spend ma money!'

So shattap and go make ya money! angry

Ahahah!see her!good defence anyway but you missed the point!however,the amount I have in my account is not meant for public consumption!yollo
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by repogirl(f): 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
olac21:

Ahahah!see her!good defence anyway but you missed the point!however,the amount I have in my account is not meant for public consumption!yollo
I was just playing anyway but still shake body small for your girlfriend (s) grin

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by RiffRaff: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
In Nigeria, the defination of a relationship is:
"2 people coming together to make the GIRL happy"
To the Nigerian female, a relationship is the escape out of poverty.
You can see them coming out to support the assertation that a man should ne spending on his babe.

What happen to your own hands. Go work for your own money.
Any smart man that has common sense will rather save and invest in his future than let lazy, bleaching, gold digging, brazilian hair carrying empty brained Nigerian girls ruin his finances.

What do Nigerian girls have to offer or bring into the relationship? Nothing, except making stupid demands for things their father cannot buy for them.

Go get a job b!tch.

Guys keep up the good work of not spending your money on gold diggers and leeches. Brokeass that have no money to even recharge their fone will call u 'stingy'. Let them say what they like.

The only Nigerian girl u should ever spend on is the one you know can do the same for you.

If u can, stay off Nigerian girls in totality, they are toxic to your life and are of no benefit. Try out foreign babes abeg and see the difference.

6 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by alaskido(m): 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
Is she a Project?
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Kay17: 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
Relationships are role plays like acting. The male and female play the respective dominant and sub roles. Each party even fabricate their emotions to play along these roles. The male ideally provides TO PROVE LOVE while the female proves the same love in a subservient manner by opening up.

The sad part is, it is all acting sometimes deserving a universally recognized Oscars. Neither does it worth living for or investing.

Now that females have equal opportunities in the workplace and bigger pockets that come with it, the subservient role isn't what they are comfortable with anymore. The male experiences an anxiety that his dominant role is at sake. He is not indispensable anymore, since a female can play the role conveniently. he finds himself subservient to women in his workplace. Eventually there is a role crisis..

That's why men are not comfortable with successful women. They are terrible with them.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
Kay17:
Relationships are role plays like acting. The male and female play the respective dominant and sub roles. Each party even fabricate their emotions to play along these roles. The male ideally provides TO PROVE LOVE while the female proves the same love in a subservient manner by opening up.

The sad part is, it is all acting sometimes deserving a universally recognized Oscars. Neither does it worth living for or investing.

Now that females have equal opportunities in the workplace and bigger pockets that come with it, the subservient role isn't what they are comfortable with anymore. The male experiences an anxiety that his dominant role is at sake. He is not indispensable anymore, since a female can play the role conveniently. he finds himself subservient to women in his workplace. Eventually there is a role crisis..

That's why men are not comfortable with successful women. They are terrible with them.
So! Are You?

Uncomfortable with successful women, I mean? undecided
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by missyadorable(f): 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
wow,so a guy should only give his girlfriend gift and money when she offers him sex? Am touched then there i no dichotomy between her and a call girl i must say.

It's a pity you can't read and understand simple English.Where in mu comment did I say a guy should only give his girlfriend gift and money when she offers him sex?

You must be mentally retarded

I repeat no sex,no spending = Fantastic relationship..Go and marry so you can have all the sex you want,obviously sex is your problem

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by olac21(m): 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
repogirl:
I was just playing anyway but still shake body small for your girlfriend (s) grin

I will do as ordered ma(I got to knw you're married)pardon the rude nature of my posts

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by hartson(m): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
Arsenate:
broke asssss gold digger spotted here; whacked beggi beggi shameless way of life. We know your type and your psychological manipulation does not work on us tongue wink
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by JossyTrini: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
pcguru1:

Omo na to park for filling station buy Sunday morning
Hahahahaha,,,first Service Na To Buy Fuel grin
pcguru1:

Omo na to park for filling station buy Sunday morning
Hahahahaha,,,first Service Na To Buy Fuel
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Boss13: 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
missyadorable:

It's a pity you can't read and understand simple English.Where in mu comment did I say a guy should only give his girlfriend gift and money when she offers him sex?

You must be mentally retarded

I repeat no sex,no spending = Fantastic relationship..Go and marry so you can have all the sex you want,obviously sex is your problem

A man or a woman must not be married before they can have sex. Sex is for and enjoyed by two consenting adults, nowadays such adults may be from different or same gender.

In Nigeria a lady attach conditionality to sex, before you get the wrong idea, I am married and my wife is not the average Nigeria girl. I dated the broke girls, the shallow minded ones, the never do well girls, even rich greedy girls and I preferred my wife. As I type this, there are many young single ladies still wanting me to date them irrespective of my marital status and why you may asked - MONEY.

So let's stop the presence. Nigeria ladies must rewire their brains

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by bastien: 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
missyadorable:
Ladies,Keep your legs closed

Guys,Keep your palms supertight fisted

No sex,No spending= Beautiful relationship

Everybody hold your side

Nobody is cheated

No heartbreaks!

I love u

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by hartson(m): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
kukl0:
ladies are sumtimes not content wt wat is given to dem. imagine taking a girl to eat n all she wants is a way to reck the guy either by making excess orders or inviting friends hu wer nt invited. ladies shud also len to assist their men in a relationship. it helps alot.

On point broda man,One dude snicked out of the exit door in a hotel and took to his heel when the cost of the meal his girlfriend and her friends ordered outweigh his pocket.guy used his sense to estimate bill then found out that he can't afford the cost excused them and dash out from the exit door.O boi come see race
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by inspiredlegal: 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
I can't just imagine how the female folk keep ridiculing their self over what they can actually do for themselves. Are you a toll like a car that must be maintained for self gratification? Any woman with this kind of myopic thinking can never pass the level of just 'rearing ' children till she die. Dora, Chiamamda, Okonjo, Aloma, Alakija and host of other successful women has never bank on any man to attain their envied status as a matter of fact only few know the profile of their men.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by chubbyswit(m): 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
i rather provide for a lady who can invest and turns my gifts into a goldmine with her wisdom and intellect than on a gal who'll end up using it for useless things like fashion, beauty and expensive gadgets they cant operate.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by missjahiniekpe(f): 6:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
NewSheriff:
I repeat, a man is only obliged to provide for his family, he can only support his girlfriend when necessary. A man has no business been responsible for a girlfriend's basic and secondary needs. Except on few occasions where the lady in question is actually helpless. It's only right to come in and help in the best way you can.

Why should a lady make it mandatory to spend on her monthly like you said? To worsen it, doesn't appreciate your effort. Abeg dey date better people. There are many nice girls out there that'll make you think gold diggers exists only in the mouth of nairalanders. cheesy

, this dating should not be encouraged sef, its not mandatory. Spending on a girlfriend and a girlfriend is not mandatory.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by missjahiniekpe(f): 6:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
NewSheriff:
I repeat, a man is only obliged to provide for his family, he can only support his girlfriend when necessary. A man has no business been responsible for a girlfriend's basic and secondary needs. Except on few occasions where the lady in question is actually helpless. It's only right to come in and help in the best way you can.

Why should a lady make it mandatory to spend on her monthly like you said? To worsen it, doesn't appreciate your effort. Abeg dey date better people. There are many nice girls out there that'll make you think gold diggers exists only in the mouth of nairalanders. cheesy

, this dating should not be encouraged sef, its not mandatory. Spending on a girlfriend and having a girlfriend is not mandatory. Wait till you have a family.

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Three ways a man shows he loves a woman: he provides, protects and professes- Steve Harvey

The bolded says it all

*modified*
I won't dignify your quoting me with a response especially if you don't have anything meaningful to say. I'm not dating you and I most likely never will, so save your breath or in this case your epistle undecided undecided

Depends on your definition of spending.

I don't think there is any sensible guy that wont spend on their girlfriend modestly, but when the girl wants you become her 2nd father by expecting you to give her money for everything including taking care of her younger ones, then its over bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Joy1706(f): 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
I've been with a guy who never even bought 100 naira air time for me. That was in the days of foolishness sha. Never again! If as a man, your church doesn't tell you to pamper and spoil me,your woman, I would jejely write you off. I'm a giving person. I don't need no stingy man
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by lastpage: 6:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
repogirl:
Tahh! Shattap dia osiso, how much kobo do you have in your acct. dat you are making a noise?

Big STEWPID boys don't make noise! All they say is 'Bebe spend ma money!'

So shattap and go make ya money! angry

Fixed!

"Boys" indeed.
undecided undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Joy1706(f): 6:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
RiffRaff:
In Nigeria, the defination of a relationship is:
"2 people coming together to make the GIRL happy"
To the Nigerian female, a relationship is the escape out of poverty.
You can see them coming out to support the assertation that a man should ne spending on his babe.

What happen to your own hands. Go work for your own money.
Any smart man that has common sense will rather save and invest in his future than let lazy, bleaching, gold digging, brazilian hair carrying empty brained Nigerian girls ruin his finances.

What do Nigerian girls have to offer or bring into the relationship? Nothing, except making stupid demands for things their father cannot buy for them.

Go get a job b!tch.

Guys keep up the good work of not spending your money on gold diggers and leeches. Brokeass that have no money to even recharge their fone will call u 'stingy'. Let them say what they like.

The only Nigerian girl u should ever spend on is the one you know can do the same for you.

If u can, stay off Nigerian girls in totality, they are toxic to your life and are of no benefit. Try out foreign babes abeg and see the difference.

Why so bitter? Who is d girl that shattered ur heart? Hahahaha
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Kay17: 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
Wouldn't there be a degree of entitlement over the lady being spent on? Most men who already commodify women, will find such spending as an investment, thereby loyalty, sex with or without consent, are viewed as returns on investment.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Elparaiso(m): 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
I only have one question.
It has been asked by the guys a lot.
It has also been ignored by the ladies a lot.

WHAT ARE THE LADIES BRINGING TO THE TABLE IF THE GUYS ARE BRINGING CASH?

IF its just sex.
Then, she is a wh.ore

As in THOT!
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Three ways a man shows he loves a woman: he provides, protects and professes- Steve Harvey

The bolded says it all

*modified*
I won't dignify your quoting me with a response especially if you don't have anything meaningful to say. I'm not dating you and I most likely never will, so save your breath or in this case your epistle undecided undecided

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Fkhalifa(m): 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
Even if you spend all your cash on her, don't be surprised she still puts on cloth, hairstyles, make ups etc that are very trendy, fashionable than what you or her parent gives her and yet she doesn't have a job nor work...

In other words, she gets the money for all these expensive up keeps from where?

.my dear brothers, these ladies have already been spoilt and over pampered by the so called rich,yahoo,fetish money niggas and married well to do men.....

In their head, they deserve big things cos they have been made to feel like a beauty Queen's, mammy water by the rich desperate sex starved dudes out there...

All the stories we dey yarn here doesn't get to them, cos their suitors are ever willing to pay for that yansh, so your opinion and lil cash has no weight to them

Invest and spend your money on a good girl, and your good lovely wedded wife, those ones deserve every dime cos they pass through a lot for you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by RiffRaff: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
Joy1706:

Why so bitter? Who is d girl that shattered ur heart? Hahahaha
bitter ke.. no girl has ever shattered my heart cuz i figured out early in life that Love is rare in a country where poverty is rife. people only use each other so u have to be on the lookout for yourself always.

I am just irritated by most of the comments i read on the first page. Even male backing the assertation that because i am dating a girl, hence i should be responsible for her upkeep.. maka why?
The sense of entitlement is disgusting. Male and female both got an education, we voth have 2 hands and legs. so why should i be working while vaboon go day chop?
I simply dont get it.

we are fighting for gender equality yet the female do not want to step up and pay the price.

How many times has a guy ever ran out of credit and call up a girl to beg?
How many times do u want to cut ur hair and the next thing is to call a girl to beg for money.
Nigerian girls need to stop these Almajari syndrome cuz its pathetic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ATERI(m): 7:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
I`m sure it was on Nairaland that I read of a girl in Nigeria that was asking question about the boyfriend she was having sex with in Nigeria while being dismissive about the other boy-friend that was studying in Switzerland yet managing to send money to her. We should also ask ourselves whether there is a difference between a girl-friend and a wife. Good to be generous though
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Taduma1(f): 8:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
Our Gawd is indeed a trinity Gawd, dis post really match with my todays thought

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by JINJ(f): 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
most guys seen that as an opportunity having sex first before spending which is unfair.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Traits Of A Good Boyfriend / How To Make Nigerian Men Believe You're Wife Material (even When U're Not / How A UK-Based Man Proposed To His Makeup Artist Girlfriend In Lagos (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.