Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,019 members, 7,896,291 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers (1282 Views)

My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / 11 Types Of People You Would Likely Meet In A Nigerian Fast-food Outlet / Fast Food Contributes N200bn To Economy Annually – AFFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by chyjoke1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2009
Have you visited any fast food joint lately? Did you look at the reciept viz-a-viz what you purchesed and the prices attached to it? Well you may have to start doing that if you have not else you pay for goods you did not purchase. Anybody with experiences?
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by oyinda3(f): 6:19am On Jul 20, 2009
uh some restaurants automatically add their tip to the bill.
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by mamagee3(f): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2009
I don't look at receipts because it's not necessary
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by oyinda3(f): 4:03am On Jul 21, 2009
mama-gee:

I don't look at receipts because it's not necessary

lol. what r u a millionaire? cheesy
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by mohawkchic(f): 4:54am On Jul 21, 2009
~No experience w/ fast food joint but supermarket yeah. . i'd like to think it was a mistake. . but who knows the cashier might have been doing it & getting away w/ it for all i know!

~She double scanned a couple of items,i was observant & checked my receipt immediately after!Other than that one occassion,i randomly check my receipts but its not habitual!
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by tytylayor: 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2009
guessed dey now charged for the take away pack seperately, after charging for d food
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by DoubleN(m): 12:49am On Jul 22, 2009
Happened to me both in a Fast food Restaurant and in a Supermarket.Very Crafty Sales people!
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by chyjoke1(m): 6:59am On Jul 23, 2009
well the new trick that i found out is that they will put all items but the prices will be higher. i ordered for ribena pack for my daughter and the cashier machined it as the big pack instead of the small pack. i think everybody should form the habit of looking at this reciepts to avoid enriching these front line cashiers.
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by lucym: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2009
I've had that experience once and that has informed my decision to be very observant. I went with my hubby to a fast food and the lady doubled all we ate including the bottled water. I observed it immediately after my hubby had paid for our meal and our money was refunded. It was clear she did it intentionally.
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by Fhemmmy: 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2009
oyinda.:

uh some restaurants automatically add their tip to the bill.

why would they wanna add their tip to it, what have they done to get tips, do they serve me, or was i on the line to get my own food?
What i hate most is "we dont have a change" i have never been to any of dem restaurant and they have change.
yeye people
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by oyinda3(f): 8:56am On Jul 26, 2009
Fhemmmy:

why would they wanna add their tip to it, what have they done to get tips, do they serve me, or was i on the line to get my own food?

i wonder o, they call it "service fee". which kain yeye service be that.
only some restaurants do this though. not all
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by chyjoke1(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2009
i guess thats because they think they are doing us a favour when we go in to make purchases, and this manifests in their speech such as 'please hold on i will HELP you sell, ' And i start to wonder where the help is when i am parting with my money.
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by Hauwa1: 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2009
which FFJ are you talking abt? wendy, bk, MacD, arby? those pple got the cheapest food. the last time i had ff was many moons ago and i got my receipt for less than 3 dollars (Jr burger with no fries and drink)

maybe you ordered one expensive Sr burger? wink or the whole combo grin
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by oyinda3(f): 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2009
i think the op is in naija. fast food joints there are more fancy and similar to restaurants. they're a lil expensive
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2009
oyinda.:

i wonder o, they call it "service fee". which kain yeye service be that.
only some restaurants do this though. not all

i think only the restaurants where you sit and they serve you shd be paid tips and even the tips are just for the server that serve u well, cos it shd not be automatic
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by Pittbaby(f): 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2009
last time I was home went to Sweet Sensation in G.R.A. There was no one in line at the cashier, however she proceeded to ignore me and just look in another direction . I caught on and decided to play dumb and see how long she will keep giving me attitude , went on for like five minutes before another worker came out and asked if i was being served.

Very stupid , if i dont buy food you will no get paid so why the horrible customer service I have customers at my job and i cater to there needs .
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2009
it is very true o, they will add dodo when u did not buy dodo or add salad!! cheap stufff so you don't notice easily!!
Sweet Sensation is the main culprit!!
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by kayoday(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2009
i doubt if sweet sensation is the main culprit, the main culprit i think is the Mama Cass outlet located at Ilupeju Lagos. since i noticed the act i ve caught them thrice out of five visits.
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by chyjoke1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2009
there is another twist to this one.especially in the late afternoons and evenings. they will never have lower denomination currencies to effectively give you balances from purchases made. i told one of them one day that its very embarasing for a front desk officer to ask you if they can owe you N70 or those small small amounts and by the way where did he or she know you from to owe you?
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by snazzydawn(f): 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
this happened to me at Southern Fried Chicken in Wuse2. I went to buy chicken and chips and my bill was 1,450, I gave the girl 2000 naira and she said she does not have change then gave me my receipt on which was written "change-50naira". Need I say, I told her to go and look for the change since it was documented. This was not the first time it was happening to me, I just decided to put my foot down because I noticed that these sales people are like, "is this not ABJ where everyone has money? surely they can afford to part with 20, 30, 50 and 100 naira".
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by nwaka80(f): 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2009
some of them even go to the extent of telling you that their machine is not in a good working condition so they can't print out a receipt for you, jees! then how am i going to be sure am not paying above the amount am supposed to pay.
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by Fhemmmy: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2009
Lol . . . Tell them you will wait till the machine is working fine. grin
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by nich(m): 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ naija-based peeps,
just tell the cashier, "Jesus is watching you!"

@ other peeps outta naija,
just tell the cashier KGB has u on their list! undecided
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2009
nich:

@ naija-based peeps,
just tell the cashier, "Jesus is watching you!"

@ other peeps outta naija,
just tell the cashier KGB has u on their list! undecided

That is if they know what KGB is
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by nich(m): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2009
ok tell dem say FBI dey on their case   grin
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by Fhemmmy: 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2009
nich:

ok tell dem say FBI dey on their case   grin 

They will tell you FBI no fit get them, cos dem dey work under the table and they name dem dey call dem for work, no body sabi that name in their house, so finding them will be tough
Re: Fast Food Jonits And Their Fradulent Front Line Cashiers by nich(m): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2009
i aint talking about the 'FBI' wey dey our own efcc, i mean the FBI that monitors happenings in the middle east, africa & the world over.

nothin do u ojare. u don too watch Alias abi?

(1) (Reply)

Food Without Meat Or Fish / Picture Of A Nairalander Pounding Crayfish In The Village / Please Can Someone Tell Me The Recipe For Ji Mmiri Oku And How To Cook It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.