Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,097 members, 7,880,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:06 PM

2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta (23717 Views)

Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Black Woman, Her White Husband & Their Child (Photos Go Viral) / Woman Celebrates Her Marriage Breakup With Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
veraiyke:
I stand by what I have said. I will be the last person to disrespect my woman and treat her as trash. Nobody says you should not be career minded and independently rich. If you like own the house your husband lives in which of course I can't be such a man not man enough to run his own hard earned home, act like that woman who will go to a nonsense vigil for a nonsense reason without mutual agreement with her husband, you will face worse in your life even if you have money. And then you will come to realise that even with your riches and independence there's something called attitude and value
a divorce is a legal termination of a marriage contract between two adults- man and woman. I will joyfully oblige any man that chooses to divorce me because I went for a religious reason. Like I went to pray with his notice albeit without full consent! Lool. Let the divorce come! As long as he pays alimony and be responsible for his children. It's just appalling, how can you "sack" (whatever that means) a woman because she went out to pray for her life and family? shocked because almighty husband didn't put a stamp on it grin very soon, men will start sacking wives for even shaking bum while she walks. Lool. Can't deal with this crass and crude mentality mehn. Is she a slave? Mtsheww... lemme just keep quiet. Lol

2 Likes

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
koyyes:

This is what happens when people hook up for the wrong reasons. Marriage these days is no longer what it was intended to be. People are only after their selfish interests hence,the appalling comments you are reading on this thread. That is why every woman should be empowered. Marriage empowers no one. It is over rated.[i][/i]
Registered! Thank you!
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by AlanSugar(m): 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Like the woman na dope.....the so called husband for no dey yarn all this rubbish..............One reason why a woman should be independent, I'll never depend on a man for means of livelihood

Is it an issue of dependency or a clear case of stupidity Laden with suspicion? Where have you ever heard of a two-day vigil before? She never came back home for two days when vigil keeping is only done per night? And for those saying "sack" isn't the right word, I wonder what word better qualifies this very foolish act by an equally foolish woman abandoning her civic duties to succumb to brainwashing?

2 Likes

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by FixAm(m): 8:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Like the woman na dope.....the so called husband for no dey yarn all this rubbish..............One reason why a woman should be independent, I'll never depend on a man for means of livelihood
No doubt a lady like u will do anything to be independent even if it will cost you to Bleep ur husband's friend who are rich or people u know or claim to be rich. Your type will have four kids three will be fathered by different men. Your words speak of who you are

2 Likes

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by rachels: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
kennyman2000:
Hmmmmm
wife obey ur husband wich ur the duty.

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by fortune1968: 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dharniel:
the husband is the head over the wife and not the church. the husband is in every position to stop the woman from going for any spiritual activity. but I think the husband lacks patience...
what patience ?after warning ?

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by dins4real(m): 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rukkydelta:

@rukkydelta,hmmm u call urself a woman.
Pls tell me,how can u spell woman without "man"? How can u spell menstruate without " man"? Yet u say u can't depend on a man.
Then how did u obtain ur education without ur father's help? Huh.........
U beta rephrase ur grammatical blunder,or else it will be bad for u.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by internetpirate: 7:40am On Mar 13, 2016
Dharniel:
the husband is the head over the wife and not the church. the husband is in every position to stop the woman from going for any spiritual activity. but I think the husband lacks patience...

You never know how many times they've argued over that. The man, most likely, has gotten to the end of his tether.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by bigfido: 7:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Rukkydelta:

Does being independent give you a right to be disobedient to your husband? This logic of yours is the reason marriages are failing now..
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by bigfido: 8:08am On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
did she go partying? Clubbing? She went to church!!!! My goodness! She is the wife and also an adult!!! She informed him. How will a man stop his wife from going to pray? Seriously? Is that what being married is all about? So because she is married she can't have the privilege to what she believes again? Seriously? Wht type of man stops his wife from praying for herself and her family even if it's 2months? Smh! Can't deal plss..

You obviously don't understand the concept of marriage.
The moment you make a decision to sign on the dotted lines, several privileges you have as A MAN or A WOMAN seize to exist. you are simply sugar coating the offence with church. It's even an offence towards God that she's going to worship to disobey her husband. So why exactly are you hammering on church? Be it a club, stripper joint or a tabernacle, it is within the rights of a marriage that the husband approves what goes on in the house. You know what the rules of marriage are. If you can't stand a man telling you trash, my sister, it is not by force to marry. Leave the institution alone rather going into it and then start quoting adult rights.You think as an adult, the man doesn't have a right to get drunk every night before coming home? But because he is married, those things come to check. And don't say she went to church because that even makes it worse. What sort of a irrational thinking pastor is that harboring a married woman for 2 days?

2 Likes

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 8:49am On Mar 13, 2016
bigfido:

You obviously don't understand the concept of marriage.
The moment you make a decision to sign on the dotted lines, several privileges you have as A MAN or A WOMAN seize to exist. you are simply sugar coating the offence with church. It's even an offence towards God that she's going to worship to disobey her husband. So why exactly are you hammering on church? Be it a club, stripper joint or a tabernacle, it is within the rights of a marriage that the husband approves what goes on in the house. You know what the rules of marriage are. If you can't stand a man telling you trash, my sister, it is not by force to marry. Leave the institution alone rather going into it and then start quoting adult rights.You think as an adult, the man doesn't have a right to get drunk every night before coming home? But because he is married, those things come to check. And don't say she went to church because that even makes it worse. What sort of a irrational thinking pastor is that harboring a married woman for 2 days?
loool. And the punitive is "sacking". grin grin. Maybe I should refer you back to the Bible u're using as a standard: what is the only yardstick for "sacking" abi divorce? Lool. A woman can't go out for religious purpose for her life without her husband's stamp, notwithstanding the importance to her life. Heck! According to you, she doesn't even have a life, only her husband does because he is the "head". Lool. Smh!
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Arsenate(m): 9:47am On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
loool. And the punitive is "sacking". grin grin. Maybe I should refer you back to the Bible u're using as a standard: what is the only yardstick for "sacking" abi divorce? Lool. A woman can't go out for religious purpose for her life without her husband's stamp, notwithstanding the importance to her life. Heck! According to you, she doesn't even have a life, only her husband does because he is the "head". Lool. Smh!
you are just shouting all over the place; writing lool all over the place without making any sense. The Bible you kept on hammering about clearly states that the husband is the head of the family. If you can't live with that don't get married at all. Save some poor man all the stress that comes from marrying a very stubborn woman who thinks she knows all.

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2016
Lol. My "shouting" has struck a nerve? Will I be "sacked" too? undecided lool. The man is the head and the woman the slave abi? The woman can't even eat without the master's stamp! Smh! Like I asked, what is the Biblical condition for divorce? In your case it's "sacking" tho.. Lool. Africa, my Africa. Nigeria, my Nigeria. Lool of course I can't live with crass, crude, wicked and selfish men like you all supporting wickedness and insensitivity here ! I'm very very selective with that. For this sweet life? cheesy the goodnews is that there are good and sweet men out there. Men who see women as a flower to tend to and let blossom into a beautiful garden. Who won't because of insecurity choke potentials out of their women. Those are the men I deal with. Cheers.
Arsenate:
you are just shouting all over the place; writing lool all over the place without making any sense. The Bible you kept on hammering about clearly states that the husband is the head of the family. If you can't live with that don't get married at all. Save some poor man all the stress that comes from marrying a very stubborn woman who thinks she knows all.

1 Like

Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by bigfido: 10:57am On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
Lol. My "shouting" has struck a nerve? Will I be "sacked" too? undecided lool. The man is the head and the woman the slave abi? The woman can't even eat without the master's stamp! Smh! Like I asked, what is the Biblical condition for divorce? In your case it's "sacking" tho.. Lool. Africa, my Africa. Nigeria, my Nigeria. Lool of course I can't live with crass, crude, wicked and selfish men like you all supporting wickedness and insensitivity here ! I'm very very selective with that. For this sweet life? cheesy the goodnews is that there are good and sweet men out there. Men who see women as a flower to tend to and let blossom into a beautiful garden. Who won't because of insecurity choke potentials out of their women. Those are the men I deal with. Cheers.

I pity who ever ends up with you, that's if you ever find a man insane enough to marry you. I also fault your upbringing. You probably passed through the walls of a school but didn't get educated about the norms and values of cultural and institutional behavior. Not everyone that speaks English and writes it is educated. You are a perfect example. Have a sorry life ahead. My heart felt pity goes to whom will tender your garden full of thorns. Bye forever!

To others, sacking might be too harsh but I am sure it is better sometimes to just walk away rather than being in an abusive relationship.

Patience is a virtue.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by MsGlobalwonder(f): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2016
bigfido:

I pity who ever ends up with you, that's if you ever find a man insane enough to marry you. I also fault your upbringing. You probably passed through the walls of a school but didn't get educated about the norms and values of cultural and institutional behavior. Not everyone that speaks English and writes it is educated. You are a perfect example. Have a sorry life ahead. My heart felt pity goes to whom will tender your garden full of thorns. Bye forever!

To others, sacking might be too harsh but I am sure it is better sometimes to just walk away rather than being in an abusive relationship.

Patience is a virtue.

cheesy @bye forever. Like we've ever met. You wish! tongue tongue loool. Someone is paranoid and angry.cheesy cheesy. Easy easy so you won't burst an artery in the process. I understand your predicament. You are used to seeing all the women in your life suffer unduly and it's now a default lifestyle. So, anyone thinking of living a happy and fulfilling life daring to live a dream phantom to you and yours is like a villain and an outcast. Sorry about your predicament. No, you don't have to pity me and the folks in my life... we are happy and making progress in leaps and in bounds. I have selfless and understanding folks in my life that let me soar to my fill. Keep your pity party for yourself and the unfortunate confined women in your miserable life. Now, it's my turn to pity the unfortunate women in your life. Igbeyin lomaun ye oloko Ada. I won't regret not doing the things I love to do and i'm destined to do because of insecure men like you. It's the unfortunate and sad women in your life I pity. Cheers son.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Bibors(m): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
did she go partying? Clubbing? She went to church!!!! My goodness! She is the wife and also an adult!!! She informed him. How will a man stop his wife from going to pray? Seriously? Is that what being married is all about? So because she is married she can't have the privilege to what she believes again? Seriously? Wht type of man stops his wife from praying for herself and her family even if it's 2months? Smh! Can't deal plss..
My dear, there are principles in life, the Bible said that when a woman makes a vow and the husband is not comfortable with it, he can cal it off.
What the man handled in this case isn't the issue of praying but the issue of outright disobedience.
Being an adult doesn't give you the right to do whatever you wish.
What type of prayer do you spend two days on while your husband is in disagreement?
Did the bible tell you that when Hannah went to Shiloh that the husband was in disagreement?
If you cannot allow your husband to be in charge of the home then remain single or buy yourself a Kitty cat.
Whatever happened there didn't obviously start that day, but it became the last straw to break the camels back.
You cannot worship God in truth and spirit and get sacked coz you went to worship.
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Rukkydelta(f): 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
dins4real:

@rukkydelta,hmmm u call urself a woman.
Pls tell me,how can u spell woman without "man"? How can u spell menstruate without " man"? Yet u say u can't depend on a man.
Then how did u obtain ur education without ur father's help? Huh.........
U beta rephrase ur grammatical blunder,or else it will be bad for u.

And you are the one that want to make it bad for me ?.......When I said men I didn't include my relatives.........
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Rukkydelta(f): 3:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
I have got 20 mentions from this thread cos I just said my opinion....To those of you whose reply was good and not insultive I appreciate but for the others who lack manners and use different kind of words on me I reserve my comment ......For a man to say that he sacks his wife it means he employed the wife . I'm sure if the woman was working he couldn't have sack her, since she is doing no job for him as a house wife
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Rukkydelta(f): 3:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
FixAm:

No doubt a lady like u will do anything to be independent even if it will cost you to Bleep ur husband's friend who are rich or people u know or claim to be rich. Your type will have four kids three will be fathered by different men. Your words speak of who you are

Dear when you learn manners of approach then I'll respond to your mention
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Rukkydelta(f): 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
AlanSugar:

Is it an issue of dependency or a clear case of stupidity Laden with suspicion? Where have you ever heard of a two-day vigil before? She never came back home for two days when vigil keeping is only done per night? And for those saying "sack" isn't the right word, I wonder what word better qualifies this very foolish act by an equally foolish woman abandoning her civic duties to succumb to brainwashing?

Don't Judge........I think sack is the appropriate word cos her job is a house wife
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Rukkydelta(f): 3:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
AlanSugar:

Don't Judge........I think sack is the appropriate word cos her occupation is house wife
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by Rukkydelta(f): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
ojuolu:

It goes beyond been able to provide for your self dear. Unless you believe u don't need a home or man. Family first before religion. Bible was explicit, wife, be submissive. Husband show love. The woman erred dear, let us face it.

Alright
Re: 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta by RiloKiley: 4:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
dominique:
some women are the architects of their own problems. I read a very similar case on a page I follow on Facebook. She told her husband about the three day program, the husband warned not to. She told her husband that her pastor insists she must be there (who holds more importance in your life? husband or pastor?). She disobeyed by the time she returned, met her things outside with the locks changed (ironically she went for the 'ori oke' prayer to seek God's intervention in her failing marriage). Nobody could get him to take her back, not even the pastor. Now she's crying and wailing that her husband is now flaunting a new wife in the same church and the same pastor is giving his approval.

shocked Seriously?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abandoned Child Rescued With A Polythene Bag Containing Her Clothes / One man, One wife / See This Beautiful Photos Of Four-generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.